DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Sweet Deal! YMMV. Jewel Osco PVD 99 cents

Old 04-18-05, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sweet Deal! YMMV. Jewel Osco PVD 99 cents

Definately YMMV. I went to a Jewel Osco the other day and it was one with the video store inside. Well apparently all of the video stores at Jewel Osco's are closing so they are selling all of their Inventory. The day i went they just marked all of the previously viewed movies down to 99 cents. The sealed movies that they had in there were marked down to about $5. The lady i talked to said that they were getting out of the rental business and that they won't be dropping the price any lower than 99 cents. They also had previously viewed VHS for sale too. The last shipment of movies they recieved and had for sale was anything before the Incredibles came out.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I snagged about 45 movies for under $50, they all came with 30 full guarentee and most of the movies were in pretty good condition.
Old 04-18-05, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jewel Osco have dvd's?
Old 04-18-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Some of the stores, not all of them, have an actual video store in them. Apparently, all the video stores are going out of business so they are selling their inventory.
Old 04-18-05, 02:28 PM
Cool New Member

The Jewel-Osco Store Locator has an "Advanced" search that can be used to locate stores with Video Rentals in your area.

Home page: http://www.jewelosco.com/eCommerceWe...o?action=begin
Store Locator is in top right corner of page.
Old 04-18-05, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When I did the search on jewelosco.com, it came up with some Albertsons in my area (same parent company?). I tried to call the one nearest me, but their phone is out of order. Does anyone know if Albertsons or any of the other Jewel-Osco companies are phasing out their rental department as well?
Old 04-18-05, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

all of the dvd's i got from my jewel said Albertsons,is that their distributer? Or is it just the video stores name?
Old 04-19-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Albertson's is the parent company.
Old 04-19-05, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Advanced search: 0 Results in IL
Old 04-19-05, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i know there is at least one in Illinois, because i got mine from the Jewel Osco in Yorkville, i kinda cleaned that one out. But you can call them because when i talked to them the mentioned another one in IL, i just can't remember the name of the city.
Old 04-19-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I ran by the Albertsons near my work today, and it didn't look like they were closing up shop there. I looked around a little bit, and they had the worst stock ever. Everything that was available in seperate releases, they would only have the fullscreen version. I saw maybe 5 titles that I would pick up, and that was stretching it.
Old 04-20-05, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kocheese99
i know there is at least one in Illinois, because i got mine from the Jewel Osco in Yorkville, i kinda cleaned that one out. But you can call them because when i talked to them the mentioned another one in IL, i just can't remember the name of the city.
I know there is one in Moline, Il. It's the one I go to. They sometimes have new releases for 14.99 with any purchace. I will have to check it out. I have never looked at PV there.