DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (Season 1) $11.99 shipped @ DDD (look 2nd post) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/418019-hercules-legendary-journeys-season-1-%2411-99-shipped-%40-ddd-look-2nd-post.html)

FARRELLCITYKING 04-10-05 11:45 PM

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (Season 1) $11.99 shipped @ DDD (look 2nd post)

i just happened to be looking for some cheap boxsets by way of dvdpricesearch.com and i happened to stumble across:

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (Season 1)

8 Discs

Features Include:

All thirteen first season episodes
*Five two-hour movies
*Running audio and video commentary by actors Sorbo and Hurst on selected episodes
*Photo gallery
*Trivia
*Cast and crew bios
*Weblinks
*Screensaver

for $14.56 @ Overstock.com
iono, i just remember watching this late at night when my insomnia was acting up, and i just thought it looked like a good deal

Hope this helps u guys

Buhweet 04-11-05 12:02 AM

$11.99 at DDD. Linkypoo.

pilot 04-11-05 12:03 AM

might want to include where next time so people don't have to look :)

looks like Anchor Bay dropped the MSRP on this..dunno why it's so cheap ..ddd/overstock/bestprices.com and dvdpacific list MSRP of $19.95 ..wonder if they're going to drop the MSRP on all the other seasons (maybe 10 or 20 bucks..doubt they'd drop it to 20 bucks each ..)

Bobbin 04-11-05 12:12 AM

Awesome deal, but I think I'll wait till the 20% off sale and get it for $9.59.

FARRELLCITYKING 04-11-05 12:36 AM

Damn me not noticing DDD having it for $11.99

smh@ Overstock telling me they can't cancel the order i made no more than 10 minutes ago.....*sigh*

oh well, it's only $2.57

still a great price for 8 discs

The Cow 04-11-05 01:29 AM

Don't forget you can still get the free Hercules letter opener with this (mail in stuff)

http://www.grabtheadventure.com/freegift.html

Teremei 04-11-05 01:41 AM

Do you think they made the case smaller like the later seasons?

Chew 04-11-05 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Buhweet
$11.99 at DDD. Linkypoo.

Thanks! :up:

drugme 04-11-05 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Buhweet
$11.99 at DDD. Linkypoo.

Even better deal. Thanks...just picked it up.

FARRELLCITYKING 04-11-05 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by The Cow
Don't forget you can still get the free Hercules letter opener with this (mail in stuff)

http://www.grabtheadventure.com/freegift.html

that makes this an even better deal:D

onebyone 04-11-05 02:21 PM

Oh man, I have been putting off getting these, but no more. Thanks for the info.

calhoun07 04-11-05 03:39 PM

I already own it, but if you are waiting for a 20% deal, I wouldn't wait if I were you. They list the SRP as 19.99, and that is obviously wrong. I think they must have accidently posted a price for one of the single DVDs, so you better jump on this if you want this deal and expect them to honor it. And, I would also save the page as a PDF or in some kind of format if they decide to be uppity about the mistake later on.

I am betting they will find this mistake very soon and correct it.

justbarelymovin 04-11-05 03:53 PM

In, thanks OP!

Ravenous 04-11-05 05:03 PM

Hell, Im not really a fan of this, BUT I planned on getting the later season with Bruce Campbell if I found them cheap.

But this is too good to pass up. The release date is 4/26 though. Whats up with that? Oh and even if this price sticks around till the next 20% off sale (which I doubt), the extra $2 wont kill me. I got that in change lying around in my room!

Ravenous 04-11-05 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
And, I would also save the page as a PDF or in some kind of format if they decide to be uppity about the mistake later on.

How do I grab a PDF? Can you hook me up? I wont be the only one ordering this. My cousin loved this show and was waiting for a chance to buy.

pilot 04-11-05 05:19 PM

I already own it, but if you are waiting for a 20% deal, I wouldn't wait if I were you. They list the SRP as 19.99, and that is obviously wrong. I think they must have accidently posted a price for one of the single DVDs, so you better jump on this if you want this deal and expect them to honor it. And, I would also save the page as a PDF or in some kind of format if they decide to be uppity about the mistake later on.

it appears to be a price drop, as other e-tailers have the MSRP as $19.95 as well ..

and Ravenous, it's a pre-order because that's how most e-tailers show a price drop.

New Rambler 04-11-05 05:24 PM

I'd get this but my wife would enjoy it too much. Freeking Kevin Sorbo.....

frozpog 04-11-05 06:05 PM

If only the rest of the seasons and the Xena series would drop to that price.

calhoun07 04-11-05 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
How do I grab a PDF? Can you hook me up? I wont be the only one ordering this. My cousin loved this show and was waiting for a chance to buy.

Google PDF creator. There are some great free programs out there that you can use. I use PDF Creator 8.0, and it just sets up the PDF creator as an option in my printers, and I select it as a printer and it creates the PDF.

calhoun07 04-11-05 08:03 PM

I don't know how many of you knew that the first season set was first posted on the official Hercules website, but it was on there months before it was ever available in stores. Hell, I even contemplated buying it (this was back in the day I thought nothing of dropping $100.00 for an X Files season set). The website was selling season one for $100.00 as an online exclusive. I betcha the people who bought it then are kicking themselves now!

New Rambler 04-11-05 08:10 PM

You can copy what's on your screen by hitting the "shift" key and the "print screen" key at the same time, then paste that into Word or an email. Called a screen shot.

kenbenobi 04-11-05 09:26 PM

Thanks OP (and The Cow for the letter opener reminder). This is a show I would not have normally bought, but I always enjoyed watching. For 11.99 shipped, I'm all over it!

Scarecrow 04-11-05 09:28 PM

They list the SRP as 19.99, and that is obviously wrong. I think they must have accidently posted a price for one of the single DVDs, so you better jump on this if you want this deal and expect them to honor it. And, I would also save the page as a PDF or in some kind of format if they decide to be uppity about the mistake later on.

According to Anchor Bay the MSRP is 19.98 now.
http://www.anchorbayentertainment.co...549&PriCatID=6

Dabaomb 04-11-05 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scarecrow
According to Anchor Bay the MSRP is 19.98 now.
http://www.anchorbayentertainment.co...549&PriCatID=6

It's really hard to believe that Anchor Bay would sell a 7-disc set for a $19.98 MSRP.

Neways, I would jump on this deal for $11.99 but since the new MSRP has been confirmed to be $19.98, I'll wait till June for the next 20% off sale.

pilot 04-12-05 07:49 PM

DDD has shipped the one I ordered, so they're sending off inventory they've got despite the "new date" for the new price :)