Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon Preorder Deals on Lost, Desperate Housewives and Joan of Arcadia.

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-05, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

Amazon has some pretty good preorder prices for Lost, Desperate Housewives and Joan of Arcadia. They also have Bob Newhart for a decent price.

Lost is $38.99 Sept. 6, 2005 release date http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...5JNOG/dvdtalk/

Desperate Housewives is $38.99 Sept. 20 2005 release date http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...79FUI6/dvdtalk

Joan of Arcadia is $38.49 May 10, 2005 release date http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...7TKHKC/dvdtalk

Bob Newhart the Complete First Season is $20.99 April 12, 2005 release date http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...IO6PA/dvdtalk/
Old 04-01-05, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty good price on Lost. I went ahead and pre-ordered it and will cancel if I find it anywhere cheaper between now and September.
Old 04-01-05, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Pretty good price on Lost. I went ahead and pre-ordered it and will cancel if I find it anywhere cheaper between now and September.
I may do the same.
Old 04-01-05, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like Buy.com has the same deal on Housewives & Lost with free shipping.
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/....asp?loc=57737
Old 04-01-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if there weren't some excellent b&m deals on Lost and Desperate Housewives.
Old 04-01-05, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It wouldn't surprise me if there weren't some excellent b&m deals on Lost and Desperate Housewives.
Agreed. But using Amazon's free (read: slow) shipping, I should be able to cancel the order if I find a better deal closer to release.
Old 04-01-05, 07:26 PM

Should be similar or better pricing at Costco, and they'll likely have some sort of combo deal with Lost. . .
Old 04-01-05, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by hobbes4444
Should be similar or better pricing at Costco, and they'll likely have some sort of combo deal with Lost. . .
maybe they'll put up a JJ combo!
Old 04-01-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I really don't see these two sets retailing under $40 especially now that Lost is going to be a seven disc set. $38.99 and no tax and free shipping will probably be the best bet at least for me. Having it delivered will also keep me from driving to get it. Gas could be $3 a gallon by then. I can always cancel when the early ads come out. Amazon usually doesn't put a preorder with free shipping in process until two days before release date. Sometimes they don't put a order in shipping soon status until after the release date. I preordered these awhile ago. No one posted about them so I thought I would let everyone in on it.
Old 04-01-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I really don't see these two sets retailing under $40 especially now that Lost is going to be a seven disc set. $38.99 and no tax and free shipping will probably be the best bet at least for me. Having it delivered will also keep me from driving to get it. Gas could be $3 a gallon by then. I can always cancel when the early ads come out. Amazon usually doesn't put a preorder with free shipping in process until two days before release date. Sometimes they don't put a order in shipping soon status until after the release date. I preordered these awhile ago. No one posted about them so I thought I would let everyone in on it.
I totally agree about this being a good deal now that it's a 7 DVD set. Even with my Wal-Mart discount I think I'll be better off with my Amazon order. It it was a 6 DVD set I think I would hold off and see what Wal-Mart prices it at on release day but the size and features of this set keep increasing so the price might increase again too.