DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Costco 3/22/05 Clone Wars $12.29 Flinstones s1,2,3 $28ea Bridget $18.29 Nvrlnd $18.29 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/415341-costco-3-22-05-clone-wars-%2412-29-flinstones-s1-2-3-%2428ea-bridget-%2418-29-nvrlnd-%2418-29-a.html)

Blade 03-22-05 05:05 PM

Costco 3/22/05 Clone Wars $12.29 Flinstones s1,2,3 $28ea Bridget $18.29 Nvrlnd $18.29

<a name="top">Note: Costco's stock varies from store to store, so availability may vary from store to store. Most of the new titles and promotions should be available though.

<center>**NOTE: Some members are reporting different pricing being reported by a few stores (I believe San Francisco, CA and one in New York state). Usually a $1 or so higher. Hopefully they'll go back to national pricing soon, so for now just be aware that it can happen.</center>

<center>If you don't see it here, try DVDTalk's Store Links It helps support the site! :up:</center>

<center>Jump to: Previous Deals <a href="#ongoingsum">Summary</a> <a href="#ongoingdet">Details</a> ~ <a href="#expire">Expiring Deals</a> ~ Past 8 weeks <a href="#current">Titles</a> <a href="#boxsets">Box Sets</a> ~ <a href="#top">Top</a> <a href="#end">End</a></center>

Prices on titles released today:
<a 3/22></a>Star Wars: Clone Wars v1 $12.29 (hal9000's thread has some discussion on content too)
Bridget Jones Edge of Reason $18.29
Finding Neverland $18.29
Stand By Me DE $18
Being Julia $18
Fat Albert (the Movie) $18.29
<a 3/22></a>Flinstones s1,2,3 $28ea

Other Interesting Titles:
Rudy DE (CD soundtrack) $18
Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace $13
Star Wars Episode II The Attack fo the Clones $13
Saturday Night Live Best of 2pks $17ea: Chris Rock/Eddie Murphy; Steve Martin/Molly Shannon; Phil Hartman/Will Farrell; Chris Farley/Dana Carvy; Adam Sandler/Christopher Walken
National Treasure promo DVDs #786936 $13ea: Miracle; Rounders SE; Jackie Brown SE; Pulp Fiction SE; Kill Bill v1; Kill Bill v2; George of the Jungle; Pirates of the Carribean 2 disc
Family Bargain sets #885222 (all FULL FRAME unless noted otherwise) $13ea: Beethoven 1 & 2 set; Flinstone (WIDESCREEN, live action) 1 & 2 set; Babe 1 & 2 set; Balto; Balto II; Balto III; American Tail 1 & 2 set

Looked for but didn't see: The Pirate Movie; Batman Movie Serials; Doogie Howser MD s1; Kojack s1; The Pretenders s1; Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead; Volcano High; MTV Pimp My Ride; Final Cut; Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia.

New Deals:
Instant rebates and coupons are usually taken AFTER taxes have been calculated.

<a 3/22></a>$3 off coupon for bottled water in Incredibles DVD, good 3/21 to 6/19
Not sure if they repackaged these, but I saw this on one of the display boxes for the movie. It seems there's a coupon inside the Incredibles DVD ($19, comes with Jr. Novelization) that's good for $3 off a $6 35 bottle package of Signature Brand water. Each bottle is 16.9oz (.5l) and the deal is good from 3/21 and exp. 6/19.

<a 3/15></a>$5 off select Buena Vista titles good 3/28 to 4/3
Thanks to bretski for posting this deal in last week's thread. There are 4 different item numbers, so it's possible the prices will vary. I've listed the prices of DVDs currently on the shelf and will post the rest when I see them (or if someone else posts them first).
Bambi $13.29 after coupon
The Village
King Arthur
Shall We Dance (Gere, Lopez) $13.29 after coupon
Princess Diaries 2
Holes

<a name="expire">Deals Expiring This Week:
(See Deal Detail section for more information.)

<center>******************************************</center>

<a name="ongoingsum"><center>Jump to: Previous Deals <a href="#ongoingsum">Summary</a> <a href="#ongoingdet">Details</a> ~ <a href="#expire">Expiring Deals</a> ~ Past 8 weeks <a href="#current">Titles</a> <a href="#boxsets">Box Sets</a> ~ <a href="#top">Top</a> <a href="#end">End</a></center>

Ongoing Deals Summary (from the past 8 weeks if no exp. specified):

<a 3/15></a>Fox Season Ones for $18ea ($35 less instant $17 off) $10 off future purchase. no exp.
$10 off Fox Live Action shows w/$18 puchase. Good 4/11 to 6/11
<a 3/8></a>Free movie ticket to The Ring 2 when you buy The Ring SE ($18) exp 4/3/05
<a 2/15></a>Free Movie Ticket ($10.50 max value) when you buy marked MGM 2pks ($15ea). exp. 4/5
<a 2/8></a>$5 instant off on Raging Bull when you buy another $9 Scorsese film while supplies last
Movie ticket for Robots (worth up to $6.50) with $16 purchase (free watch too) exp??
$10.50 movie ticket mail in offer with 2 $8.79 MGM DVD purchases exp. 4/5
<a 1/25></a>$5 off Alien vs. Predator when you buy the Predator/Predator 2 2 pack ($17) exp. while supplies last

<a name="current"><center>Jump to: Previous Deals <a href="#ongoingsum">Summary</a> <a href="#ongoingdet">Details</a> ~ <a href="#expire">Expiring Deals</a> ~ Past 8 weeks <a href="#current">Titles</a> <a href="#boxsets">Box Sets</a> ~ <a href="#top">Top</a> <a href="#end">End</a></center>

Currently Available Titles: (from the last 8 weeks)

<a 3/15></a>Incredibles $19 (Jr. Novelization incl.)
Alfie $18
Miss Congeniality SE $16.79
Star Trek First Contact $12
What the Bleep Do We Know? $18.49
Easter Parade $18
Columbia Adventure Bargains #878147 $14ea: First Men in the Moon; Mysterious Island; Jason and the Argonauts; Golden Voyage of Sinbad; Earth vs. the Flying Saucers
CD/DVD combo discs #880913 $13ea: John Mayer, Heavier Things; Destiny's Child, Destiny Fulfilled; AC/DC, Back in Black; Los Lonely Boys, Los Lonely Boys; Miles Davis, Kind of Blue
<a 3/8></a>Ladder 49 $18.29
Ring SE w/movie ticket $18
Baby Einstein: Baby Monet $12
Disney Bargain DVDs $13ea: Mary Poppins; Bug's Life; Monsters Inc.; Finding Nemo Thanks to NestoJR and Classic Films for posting this :up:
<a 3/1></a>Bambi SE $18.29 (w/Little Golden book)
Spongebob Squarepants Movie $18 (w/mini-novelization)
Flight of the Phoenix ('04) $18.29
Hoosiers SE $19
Exorcist the Beginning $17.89
Man on Fire $13 (SE coming 5/24)
Day After Tomorrow $13 (SE coming 5/24)
Warner 3packs #884083 $17.29ea:
Ace Ventura Pet Detective (pan & scan); Ace Venture When Nature Calls; Dumb and Dumber
Austen Powers 1, 2, 3
Two Weeks Notice; The Wedding Singer; You've Got Mail
Deep Blue Sea; The Perfect Storm; Twister
Training Day; Fallen; John Q
Oh God 1, 2, 3
A Time to Kill; The Client; The Pelican Brief
Lord of the Rings EE $24.69 ea
<a 2/22></a>Get Shorty SE $19 (has free Be Cool ticket inside)
I ♥ Huckabees $17.49 (single disc version only)
Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind $18.29
Porco Rosso $18.29
Cat Returns $18.29
Spirited Away $18.29
WB Bargain DVDs #170350 $11ea Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone; Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (thanks to RyoHazuki :up: ; Starsky and Hutch; Scooby Doo 2; Mystic River; Iron Giant SE; Blue Collar Comedy Tour
Cat in the Hat (Live Action) $13 w/Junior Novelization
Veggie Tales 2packs $17 ea (assorted)
<a 2/15></a>Saw $17.89
Taxi $18.29
Motorcycle Diaries $18.49
Raise Your Voice $18.29
Passion of the Christ $16
Chariots of Fire $18
Right Stuff $18
Lost Boys $18
Disney Princess DVDs (Party v1,2 Stories v1,2 Sing a long Songs $12ea
Fox 3 pks #222802 $18ea
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid/Last of the Mohican's (Dir. Cut)/Hombre
All that Jazz/Hello Dolly/The Rose
Die Hard/Transporter/French Connection
Porkies 1 & 2/Revenge of the Nerds 1 & 2/Bachelor Party
Say Anything/Less than Zero/TAPS
Day the Earth Stood Still/Fly & Return of the Fly (Orig?)/Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea/Fantastic Voyage
Miramax Academy Award DVDs #276350 $10ea: Traffic; Gosford Park; Lost in Translation; Born on the 4th of July; Scent of a Woman; A Beautiful Mind
Schindler's List & Red Violin $10 ea per rfduncan
MGM 2pks $15ea: Moonstruck (pan & scan)/Annie Hall; The Apartment/ Best Years of Our Lives; In the Heat of the Night/Lilies of the Field; Dances with Wolves/Platoon; Silence of the Lambs/Misery; Dead Man Walking/Fargo; Tom Jones/Marty?? (can't read my writing); ??/Rain Man
<a 2/8></a>Malcolm X SE $18
Raging Bull $18.49 ($13.49 w/$9 purch see New Deals)
Notebook $17.89
Shark Tale $18.59 (comes with "movie novel")
Five People You Meet in Heaven $11.89
Boxcar Bertha $9
New York, New York $9
The Last Waltz $9
Ray 2 disc SE $33
<a 2/1></a>Shall We Dance (US) $18.29
The Grudge $18.49
Ray $18.29
Mulan II $18.29
Mr. 3000 $18.29
Vanity Fair $18.29
Valentine bargain DVDs $9ea: On Golden Pond; the Piano; Monster's Ball; the Red Violin
Robots 2pk DVDs: Catch that Kid/Motokids; Cheaper by the Dozen (2004)/Cheaper by the Dozen (Original); Johnson Family Vacation/Bill Cosby Himself; Garfield the Movie/Garfield Himself; Anastasia/Thumbelina; Rookie of the Year/Sandlot
Back to the Future Trilogy $18 Thanks Garyrc (And it's the corrected version per johnglad.
Lion's Gate Valentine titles #175270 $10ea: Girl with a Pearl Earring; Dirty Dancing Havana Nights; Glengarry Glen Ross; Swimming with Sharks; Kama Sutra
Warner 2pks #702569 $18ea: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory SE WS/Wizard of Oz; A Night at the Opera/A Day at the Races; An American in Paris/Gigi; Singing in the Rain (single disc)/Music Man; Streetcar Named Desire/Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf; Casablanca (single disc)/Maltese Falcon
Hitch Movie Ticket titles $14ea: Men in Black; Men in Black 2; Bad Boys; Bad Boys 2
MGM Movie Ticket offer $8.79ea: Moonstruck; Much Ado About Nothing; Mystic Pizza; Class; Thomas Crown Affair (Brosnan); Benny and Joon; Four Weddings and a Funeral; Cutting Edge; Stanley and Iris
<a 1/25></a>Alien vs. Predator $18.29 ($5 instant off w/$17 purch see New Deals)
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow $18
Predator/Predator 2 2pack $17 ($5 instant off AvP when purchased together
Matrix/THX-1138 (single disc versions) 2pk $18
Universal 2pks #216190 $17ea: Unrated Dawn of the Dead/Shaun of the Dead; Chronicles of Riddick/Pitch Black; Terminal/Catch Me if You Can; Two Brothers/Thunderbirds

<a name="boxsets"><center>Jump to: Previous Deals <a href="#ongoingsum">Summary</a> <a href="#ongoingdet">Details</a> ~ <a href="#expire">Expiring Deals</a> ~ Past 8 weeks <a href="#current">Titles</a> <a href="#boxsets">Box Sets</a> ~ <a href="#top">Top</a> <a href="#end">End</a></center>

Box/Gift Sets:</a> (from the last 8 weeks)

<a 3/15></a>Hogan's Heroes $24.29 (note: some sets have the disc 1 & 2 content switched; cal Paramount at 1-866-627-8201 to request corrected discs)
Fat Albert Collection $15
Fox Film Noir Set $18 (Laura, Call Northside 777, Panic in the Streets) Great thread by natevines
Fox Animated Series Deal Titles $30ea: Family Guy v1,2; Futurama s1-4; King of the Hill s1-3; Simpsons s1-5
Fox Season Ones #222817 $18ea ($35 less $17 at register) 24; Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Angel; The Sheild; NYPD Blue
<a 3/8></a>Friends s9 $29
Best of Mr. Ed v1, 2 $19ea
Legend of Earth Sea $12
Green Acres s1,2 $19ea
Friends s1-8 $28ea
Baby Einstein 15 DVD set $150
<a 3/1></a>Lost in Space s2 v1,2 s3 v1 $25ea
Wonder Woman s1-2 $26ea
Brady Bunch s1 $24.49
<a 2/22></a>Poirot New Mysteries $36
Poirot Complete Collection $36
Sheild s3 $37.29
<a 2/15></a>Little House on the Prairie s1-7 $29.79ea (only saw 1, 6,7 at my Costco)
Angel s5 $37.29 (:( last season)
<a 2/8></a>Deadwood s1 $63.49
Miami Vice s1 $33
Fresh Prince of Bel Air s1 $20
Murphy Brown s1 $20
Night Court s1 $20
Warner Brothers Dramas $45 (Amadeus SE; Casablanca SE; Driving Miss Daisy SE; Life of Emile Zola SE; Mrs. Miniver SE)
Warner Brothers Musicals $45 (My Fair Lady SE; American in Paris; Broadway Melody; Gigi; Great Zigfield)
Warner Brothers Adventures $45 (Ben Hur; Around the World in 80 Days SE; One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest SE; Mutiny on the Bounty; Unforgiven SE)
<a 2/1></a>Charmed s1 $30.29
Karate Kid Collection $23.29
Look Who's Talking Collection $23.29
I Love Lucy s3 $35.29
<a 1/25></a>MacGyver s1 $24.29
Warner Bros. Gangster Collection $41

<a name="ongoingdet"><center>Jump to: Previous Deals <a href="#ongoingsum">Summary</a> <a href="#ongoingdet">Details</a> ~ <a href="#expire">Expiring Deals</a> ~ Past 8 weeks <a href="#current">Titles</a> <a href="#boxsets">Box Sets</a> ~ <a href="#top">Top</a> <a href="#end">End</a></center>

Ongoing Deals Details (from the past 8 weeks if no exp. specified):

<a 3/15></a>Fox Season Ones for $18ea ($35 less instant $17 off) $10 off future purchase. no exp.
There is a $17 instant discount on Fox season one live action titles. They're in blue boxes that say this right on the front. Priced at $35 each less the $17 off, that's $18. They also have a coupon on the back good for $10 off certain seasons/shows good from 4/11. See below for more details. Good while supplies last
Titles:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (note, this is a short season)
Angel
The Sheild
NYPD Blue

$10 off Fox Live Action shows w/$18 puchase. Good 4/11 to 6/11
The Fox live action season one sets (that are selling for $18ea after an instant rebate) have a coupon on the back for $10 off certain Fox live action shows. They'll probably sell for around $35 to $38 before the coupon, so $10 off is pretty decent. See below for list of titles, they'll be item #228226. Only good for one title per coupon, an they usually take the coupon when you redeem it. Coupon is good from 4/11 and expires on 6/11.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer s2-4
Angel s2,3
Sheild s2
24 s2

<a 3/8></a>Free movie ticket to The Ring 2 when you buy The Ring SE ($18) exp 4/3/05
No details on the outside of the box, except for the exp. date. But if it's like other deals like this, it should be good for up to $10.50 off a single theater admission ticket. Exp. 4/3/05

<a 2/15></a>Free Movie Ticket ($10.50 max value) when you buy marked MGM 2pks ($15ea). exp. 4/5
This is the same deal I posted recently, except the titles are just available in 2 packs, and the selection is a bit different. Details are a little sketchy on this one as I didn't actually buy it to get all the details: You need to buy a 2pk DVD set with the yellow sticker on them (may only need one sticker, but I assume you need the sticker for the offer), then you mail in whatever it requires and they send you a movie ticket worth up to $10.50. You need to buy the movies by 4/5/5, and mail the offer in by 4/19/05. Tickets themselves will be good up to 6/30/05. Thanks to Buford T Pusser for confirming the 4/5 expiration date. :up: .Just buy one of the below 2 packs (#100868 $15ea) and fill out and mail in the yellow sticker on the DVDs outer packaging to get the free movie ticket. exp. 4/5/05
Moonstruck (pan & scan)/Annie Hall
The Apartment/ Best Years of Our Lives
In the Heat of the Night/Lilies of the Field
Dances with Wolves/Platoon
Silence of the Lambs/Misery
Dead Man Walking/Fargo
Tom Jones/Marty?? (can't read my writing)
??/Rain Man

<a 2/8></a>$5 instant off on Raging Bull when you buy another $9 Scorsese film while supplies last
Get an instant $5 off Raging Bull SE ($18.49) at the register when you buy one of the following Martin Scorsese films ($9ea #108630) at the same time. Good while supplies last.
Boxcar Bertha
New York, New York
The Last Waltz

Movie ticket for Robots (worth up to $6.50) with $16 purchase (free watch too) exp??
The following 2packs ($16ea) come with a children's watch and a movie ticket good for up to $6.50 off admission to Robots which opens 3/11. Nothing on the outside of the box said how long the ticket is good for, but I'm guessing at least until 4/30
Catch that Kid/Motokids
Cheaper by the Dozen (2004)/Cheaper by the Dozen (Original)
Johnson Family Vacation/Bill Cosby Himself
Garfield the Movie/Garfield Himself
Anastasia/Thumbelina
Rookie of the Year/Sandlot

$10.50 movie ticket mail in offer with 2 $8.79 MGM DVD purchases exp. 4/5
Details are a little sketchy on this one as I didn't actually buy it to get all the details: You need to buy 2 DVDs with the yellow sticker on them (may only need one sticker, but I assume you need the sticker for the offer), then you mail in whatever it requires and they send you a movie ticket worth up to $10.50. You need to buy the movies by 4/5/5, and mail the offer in by 4/19/05. Tickets themselves will be good up to 6/30/05. I'm setting the exp. at 4/5 for record keeping purposes. Also, I didn't see stickers on all the DVDs listed below. There are two item #s (861500 & 100863) and the titles are $8.79 each.
Moonstruck
Much Ado About Nothing
Mystic Pizza
Class
Thomas Crown Affair (Brosnan)
Benny and Joon
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Cutting Edge
Stanley and Iris

<a 1/25></a>$5 off Alien vs. Predator when you buy the Predator/Predator 2 2 pack ($17) exp. while supplies last
If you buy Alien vs Predator (#222570 $18.29) and the Predator/Predator 2 2 pack (#222693 $17), you get an instant $5 off at the register. No expiration, so it's good while supplies last.

<a name="end"><center>Jump to: Previous Deals <a href="#ongoingsum">Summary</a> <a href="#ongoingdet">Details</a> ~ <a href="#expire">Expiring Deals</a> ~ Past 8 weeks <a href="#current">Titles</a> <a href="#boxsets">Box Sets</a> ~ <a href="#top">Top</a> <a href="#end">End</a></center>

Blade 03-22-05 05:11 PM

About the $3 off on the Signature water when you buy the Incredibles DVD...can anyone confirm if there's a coupon in the box. It said "details inside" and "on your next visit" so I assume there's some kind of coupon inside.

Otherwise, not a great set of prices except for Clone Wars.

Edited to add:
It looks like they're including a book called Secret Symbols of the Dollar Bill with National Treasure when it streets 5/3. They have this advertised on a bunch of DVDs, but I think it's just that, advertising, as there doesn't seem to be any coupon necessary to get it. Just FYI.

Bronkster 03-22-05 05:52 PM

Thanks again, Jose! Looks like everything I was sorta considering isn't there anyway.

chente 03-22-05 10:47 PM

Nothing for me this week. I have a major backlog of movies to get through anway with the 20 LD's and 13 DVD's I bought last week.

Jim 03-26-05 03:01 PM

Pirates of the Caribbean had one of the item numbers that is eligible for the $5 off coming up 3/28. That would make it only $7.99.

The coupon handouts also show that Costco.com will have free shipping on DVDs. Not sure how long though. Not good on pre-orders.

trammel 03-30-05 08:17 AM

Does anyone know Costco's price for Apollo 13?

BJ's Wholesale Club has Apollo 13 for $14.99 but all they had was full screen.

Also, is Costco stocking The Lone Gunmen set?