DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Malcolm X 2 Disc SE spotted at Costco [Norwalk, CT] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/408422-malcolm-x-2-disc-se-spotted-costco-%5Bnorwalk-ct%5D.html)

Rogue588 02-04-05 10:58 PM

Malcolm X 2 Disc SE spotted at Costco [Norwalk, CT]

Stopped by my local Costco [Norwalk, CT] and spotted Malcolm there.

They only had a few and they were grouped in with some other WB 2-Disc'rs.

Here's DVD Talk's review of the set. Now I just have to find some time to check it out.

SaigonaZn69 02-05-05 12:35 AM

do u know if it's on sale? Like if it's 5 dollars off of some sort, because I live by that costco in norwalk.

hulka 02-05-05 03:03 PM

I picked up Malcolm X: SE at the Costco in South Sacramento for 17.99. They had about 4 or 5 copies. Oddly enough, no insert.

El-Kabong 02-06-05 02:10 AM

Meh - I'm waiting for Malcom I through IX to come out on disc first.

Dabaomb 02-06-05 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by El-Kabong
Meh - I'm waiting for Malcom I through IX to come out on disc first.

1/5

Artman 02-06-05 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by hulka
Oddly enough, no insert.

So it is in a keepcase than? I thought WB was still using digipacks for it's older SE releases...(goodfellas and shawshank being exceptions due to their inclusion in box sets and limited editions)

Dabaomb 02-06-05 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Artman
So it is in a keepcase than? I thought WB was still using digipacks for it's older SE releases...(goodfellas and shawshank being exceptions due to their inclusion in box sets and limited editions)

the last 2-disc SE to get a digipack was A Room With a View. My bad, actually THX-1138 was in a digipack.

Lost Boys, Goodfellas, Purple Rain, Shawshank, etc. have all been in keepcases.

DeanoBKN 02-06-05 08:16 AM

Thanks! I live in Stamford, CT so I'll stop there before I head to Circuit City.

SaigonaZn69 02-06-05 02:50 PM

what's a keepcase? Is it that dvd slip on the outside of the box? I.e. Hero?

Artman 02-06-05 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by SaigonaZn69
what's a keepcase? Is it that dvd slip on the outside of the box? I.e. Hero?

A keepcase is just a regular dvd case - a 2 disc keepcase is just like that but with the additional hinge inside for the 2nd disc.(preferred by most around these parts)

What you described is referred to as a slipcase.

;)

Al Padrino 02-06-05 03:37 PM

I saw the place card for the DVD at CC, but they didn't have any more.

natevines 02-06-05 04:48 PM

Is this a keep case?
I know that Chariots of Fire is, so I'd presume this to be also.

RUN-DvdMC 02-07-05 08:39 AM

Bought Malcolm X & Chariots of Fire last Saturday at BBV for $21.99 using leftover credit. They are in keep cases also. Bought The Crying Game:SE there for $19.99 as well.

Grabastic 02-07-05 05:56 PM

got it early at the Santa Rosa, CA Costco store as well.

ctyankee 02-07-05 07:23 PM

I didn't know so many of us live near Norwalk, CT ... including one guy who says he is from Californiia ... go figure ...;)

SaigonaZn69 02-07-05 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee
I didn't know so many of us live near Norwalk, CT ... including one guy who says he is from Californiia ... go figure ...;)

I live in Bellflower, about 6 or 7 minutes away from costco. Kind of the borderline of downey and bellflower...

ctyankee 02-07-05 09:11 PM

Dude,

Since I have no idea where Bellflower in I'm taking a stab at this being a language problem.

CT = Connecticut in other words an abbreviation for the state of Connecticut not California.

Cameron 02-07-05 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by natevines
Is this a keep case?
I know that Chariots of Fire is, so I'd presume this to be also.

keep cases with slipcovers

juanmgonzalez 02-08-05 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Dude,

Since I have no idea where Bellflower in I'm taking a stab at this being a language problem.

CT = Connecticut in other words an abbreviation for the state of Connecticut not California.

Bellflower and Norwalk are cities in Southern California.