Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - Febuary '05

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - Febuary '05

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05, 01:44 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my Lain is still backordered
Old 02-15-05, 01:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by eau
my Lain is still backordered
it's gonna take a long time....i have stuff backordered from december...
Old 02-15-05, 02:28 AM

I missed out on the Lain deal all together
Old 02-15-05, 02:44 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ZakVTA
I missed out on the Lain deal all together
You can still get the new bailey box set of the Lain signature series for slightly more.
Old 02-15-05, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone got the Devil Lady boxset from December? I'm still waiting on that and my Lain boxset.
Old 02-15-05, 09:25 AM

I didn't order Devil Lady. I asked to combine by Megazone 23 order with my order for Lain and Hand Maid May and they said they expected to recieve those Feb 16, but that it could be later and wanted to make sure i wanted to wait to get everything in one shipment. Now I kinda wish I hadn't I hate to order vols 2 and 3 of megazone 23 without watching the first and seeing if i like it or not. Hopefully they'll get here before the ADV sale ends.
Old 02-15-05, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Originally Posted by MrPink
Has anyone got the Devil Lady boxset from December? I'm still waiting on that and my Lain boxset.
I finally got my Devil Lady and Evangelion box set from the Xmas specials last week, which finished off those orders. As the DL set is still being published, I wouldn't worry too much about it (though it is the same price, I think, in the ADV sale).
Old 02-15-05, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
ADV's webstore is terrible. Their inventory system isn't realtime and there's no way to check order status.

On top of that they state their policy is to charge your entire order upfront regardless and sort it out later.

I ordered a few things, at that price it was hard to resist. I only hope I get them, there's no way to know.
Old 02-15-05, 05:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Eric F
ADV's webstore is terrible. Their inventory system isn't realtime and there's no way to check order status.

On top of that they state their policy is to charge your entire order upfront regardless and sort it out later.

I ordered a few things, at that price it was hard to resist. I only hope I get them, there's no way to know.
u are right!!! they charge your cc up front and it usually takes about a year for your order to get shipped....basically, all customers are loaning them money interest free, it is much cheaper than borrowing from the bank....
Old 02-15-05, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Teremei
So, how's their shipping speed.
The last time I ordered something from them, it took about 3 months and a couple of phone calls to finally get my stuff shipped.
Old 02-16-05, 01:33 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nekobus
The last time I ordered something from them, it took about 3 months and a couple of phone calls to finally get my stuff shipped.
Now I see why it takes them forever to ship replacement discs through their exchange programs (RahXphon movie, Evangelion PE V.1, ...).
Old 02-16-05, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by nekobus

Well I guess I'll remember that next time ADV has a sale. I also ordered from RightStuf, are they better?
Old 02-16-05, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Teremei
Well I guess I'll remember that next time ADV has a sale. I also ordered from RightStuf, are they better?
Yeah, I was wondering if it was just me who couldn't find a way to check on my ADV order. Do they charge extra shipping if it gets broken up? Do you have to email them to get updates on the order?

As for RightStuf, they are fantastic. High quality service, the best shipping I have ever seen (Artboxes are TOTALLY encased in foam peanuts), and constant updates on your orders. Order from them any time you are undecided.
Old 02-16-05, 04:26 PM

Rightstuf can be pretty slow on the heavily discounted weekly specials. I know a year or so ago they had teh robotech legacy boxes dirt cheap, it took a long time for those to come too, but they did eventually come.
Old 02-16-05, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showpos...2&postcount=24

DTTCHAT01

coupon posted for adv. It is $5 and free shipping according to the post.
Old 02-16-05, 06:30 PM
Cool New Member

I'm just happy they shipped other items in my order despite Lain still being backordered.

Since Lain is OOP, I wonder if we will get it?
Old 02-16-05, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JasonTerminator
I'm just happy they shipped other items in my order despite Lain still being backordered.

Since Lain is OOP, I wonder if we will get it?
I'm fairly sure they'll get it... they try to sell just as much as they can get.

That being said, when I ordered that insanely cheap Escaflowne TV bundle last year, I sold off the 8 DVDs I already had to Blockbuster (making the box and figure included in the bundle pretty much free). Unfortunately, a while later I was notified that they wouldn't be able to get any more. Same thing happened when I tried to get the X volume 1 plus box (though I see they have a few available now, so they were eventually able to get some). I'm not even sure how they were able to get the limited Lain box again, nor how they were able to sell it so cheap, so this might be the rare case where they can't get any more. But they will let you know.

This may seem like a lot, but I order a ton of stuff from Rightstuf, and on the vast majority of orders, you don't have to worry about a thing. My only complaint with them is the high non-preorder prices, but they more than make up for that with their sales.
Old 02-16-05, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by duganrm

DTTCHAT01

Cool - thanx - saved a bundle on shipping!!!

i wonder how many times i can use this???
Old 02-16-05, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

DTTCHAT01

Dangit, that coupon put me over the top...

Ordered all of Kaleidostar, all of Kino's story, Soul Hunter collection, Southern Cross collection, all of Megazone 23...

I do worry about what people have said above about the shipping, not to mention that they're probably processing more orders right now than thay have all year. Plus they seem to bill your credit card right away, which is never a good thing. Still, it's not a fly-by-night shop, it is the original distributor, so I'm hoping things work out.

In another thread, the CSR mentions that they'll notify you later if items are not in stock... which seems to indicate that they won't notify you before they ship. So I could end up with, say, Kaleidostar volumes 3 and 5, which I wouldn't necessarily want without the rest of it...
Old 02-16-05, 09:52 PM

Yeah, can you use that coupon multiple times? Because if you can I'll be placing some orders tomorrow.
Old 02-16-05, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Yeah, can you use that coupon multiple times? Because if you can I'll be placing some orders tomorrow.

I used it twice thus far w/o apparent any difficulties
Old 02-17-05, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DTTCHAT01

Thanks, got it!

If using it multiple times works, I will pee my pants.
Old 02-17-05, 06:18 AM

Please don't abuse the code and ruin it for everyone!
Old 02-17-05, 11:29 AM

Alot of the stuff from the ADV sale is listed in the weekly specials section on rightstuf.com. Some titles and some volumes of other titles are missing. It looks like everything I ordered from ADV isn't isn't included. I don' think the specials list is finished updating, but I hope this isn't an indication of what things ADV is sold out of.
Old 02-17-05, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

this was posted here
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=35

Just a note about this coupon. I used the DTTCHAT01 a few days ago and yesterday received an email indicating ADV had cancelled my order. This coupon was given out in a chat:

http://www.advfilms.com/Chat/chat_princesstututrans.asp

According to both that chat transcript and the email I received, this coupon was meant for purchases of the Princess Tutu item only.

The email went on to say that because they cannot modify orders (since they charge at time of order) my order had been totally cancelled and my card would be refunded.

If you've used this coupon, please cosnider this a heads up. The same may happen to you.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.