Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - Febuary '05

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - Febuary '05

Old 02-08-05, 08:55 AM
Defunct Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for reminding me Fujishig.
Old 02-09-05, 04:50 PM

This might of already been said, but don't forget to check out your local gamestop. The 50% off all anime is still going on and now apply to used dvds as well. Just picked up cowboy bebop for $5 a disc and a few dragon ball box sets at $10 a box.
Old 02-10-05, 04:35 PM

If I didn't take borderline-obsessive care of my DVD's, I might actually entertain the idea of buying them used. But as it is, I doubt 98% of people make sure to open the case the minimum possible to get the DVD out to keep the plastic joint from getting loose; avoid touching any black or metalic surfaces on either the discs or the inserts without gloves on; or clip out the manufacturer stickers on the plastic wrapper and save them inside the cases as part of the package.

Nope, I don't think you can buy used DVD's in the shape I keep mine in, so it is out of the question. That said, the gamestop 50% off deal was very rewarding for me when it only applied to new titles. Cat Soup Limited Edition was only $11 (and I highly recommend it if you can find it at a gamestop), and they have the old Heroic Legend of Arslan with both Jap/Eng dubs for $22.50 (was $50ish), as opposed to the new $10 one with only English dub (although still tempting).
Old 02-10-05, 04:58 PM

Thats weird all of the gamestops I've been to that carried any new dvds only put the empty cases out on the shelves and kept the disks behind the counter. There was no shrink wrap, price stickers which are fairly difficult to get off were on the front and back and 50% off stickers were also on teh front, all applied directly to the case. The disks while not being scratched were dusty. I'd say gamestops new dvds are worse than alot of the used dvds I've purchased.
Old 02-10-05, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Gamelore
If I didn't take borderline-obsessive care of my DVD's, I might actually entertain the idea of buying them used. But as it is, I doubt 98% of people make sure to open the case the minimum possible to get the DVD out to keep the plastic joint from getting loose; avoid touching any black or metalic surfaces on either the discs or the inserts without gloves on; or clip out the manufacturer stickers on the plastic wrapper and save them inside the cases as part of the package.
I think you passed borderline awhile ago. Ever watch the show Monk?
Old 02-10-05, 08:59 PM

Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 1 is $19.99 this week at Suncoast Pictures. The best price I've seen on it.
Old 02-10-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TelocZ
Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 1 is $19.99 this week at Suncoast Pictures. The best price I've seen on it.
It's currently $16.98 at Walmart.com and possibly B&M. I bet if you printed out the page from Walmart.com, you could get Walmart to price match it in store.

Updated with new weekly specials!
Old 02-11-05, 09:38 AM

This might only be regional pricing, but in today's newspaper there is an ad for Fry's Electronics in Downers Grove, IL listing "Fullmetal Alchemist" at $14.99! Definitely a B&M only deal. Their online store is Outpost.com with a much higher price listed.

Last edited by TelocZ; 02-11-05 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-11-05, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,231 Likes on 957 Posts
This might only be regional pricing, but in today's newspaper there is an ad for Fry's Electronics in Downers Grove, IL listing "Fullmetal Alchemist" at $14.99! Definitely a B&M only deal. Their online store is Outpost.com with a much higher price listed.
Where's the cheapest place to get the artbox? I've heard that Bestbuy has them... any prices?
Old 02-11-05, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

good at all Fry's that have an online listing (which usually means it is on sale at the majority of them).
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409320
Old 02-11-05, 01:57 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by fujishig
Remember, that Rahxephon movie is still (I believe) not corrected, in that the Japanese 5.1 audio is messed up... there's a replacement program out there, though. Great box, I wish the original box was like that...
I didn't know about this. Did a quick check at ADV's site, but didn't find anything. Can you post info about the replacement program? Thanks.
Old 02-11-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got it, thanks!

Originally Posted by Kuma-kun
I didn't know about this. Did a quick check at ADV's site, but didn't find anything. Can you post info about the replacement program? Thanks.
It's in last month's bargain thread, and there's a link to all previous bargain threads in the original post.
Old 02-11-05, 03:03 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fujishig
Where's the cheapest place to get the artbox? I've heard that Bestbuy has them... any prices?
I think it's $33.99.
Old 02-11-05, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kuma-kun

ADV runs stealth replacement programs. You won't find the info listed on their site like Bandai/Manga did with the Ghost In the Shell:Stand Alone Complex Volume 2 issue.

Contact ADV directly via email or phone to make arrangements for a replacement.
Old 02-11-05, 10:21 PM

I'm not really sure why, since I didn't find mention of any kind of special, but Gravitation volumes 2 and 3 are on sale at bestbuy.com for $9.99. I wonder if they're on sale at the B&M too?
Old 02-11-05, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by sailor_moon
I'm not really sure why, since I didn't find mention of any kind of special, but Gravitation volumes 2 and 3 are on sale at bestbuy.com for $9.99. I wonder if they're on sale at the B&M too?
They are on sale at the B&M stores too, as I bought Gravi 3 for the $9.99 price
Old 02-11-05, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by crazybutterfly
They are on sale at the B&M stores too, as I bought Gravi 3 for the $9.99 price
Thanks!
Old 02-12-05, 05:41 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks jbm and nekobus. I haven't opened mine yet and didn't notice the info before. Btw, great job with the thread
Old 02-12-05, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sailor_moon
Got it, thanks.
Old 02-12-05, 11:07 AM

Supposedly ADVfilms is having a 50%-70% off sale right now or around the valentines area. But the page just does not work for me, it only shows a banner.

http://www.advfilms.com/sales.asp
Old 02-12-05, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Teremei
Supposedly ADVfilms is having a 50%-70% off sale right now or around the valentines area. But the page just does not work for me, it only shows a banner.

http://www.advfilms.com/sales.asp
I just noticed this deal this morning while browsing through the retail forum at AOD. This deal first broke early last night at AOD and judging by the amount of posts at that forum, I think that ADV must have been blasted with orders. I wouldn't be surprised if it is now a dead deal.
Old 02-12-05, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I just noticed this deal this morning while browsing through the retail forum at AOD. This deal first broke early last night at AOD and judging by the amount of posts at that forum, I think that ADV must have been blasted with orders. I wouldn't be surprised if it is now a dead deal.
I fear you might be right. It's still not going to stop me from keep tryin.
Old 02-12-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What a bummer. If it happens to come back, can someone please post here as soon as he/she finds out? Thanks!
Old 02-12-05, 03:38 PM

Check out the link now. I am getting something. Only Arc the Lad vol 1 shows up then some messed up scripts pop up. Which tells me maybe they are still wanting to sell stuff and are just experienceing problems. This gives us all a little hope atleast. Will check it once each hour and let you know.
Old 02-12-05, 04:11 PM

I'm seeing a lot of stuff now.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.