Trade in 3 dvds for Fifth Element or Resident Evil Apoc. @ Ebgames

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-05, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trade in 3 dvds for Fifth Element or Resident Evil Apoc. @ Ebgames

I searched and didn't find this deal mentioned before so:

Free Fifth Element/Resident Evil 2 with 3 DVD trade-in Active:
Now - 1/29/2005

Trade-in 3 qualifying pre-played DVDS and receive $24.99 towards the purchase of FIFTH ELEMENT WS DVD or RESIDENT EVIL: APOCALYPSE DVD.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/

dvdsrule
Old 01-22-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is that the Fifth Element Ultimate Edition? I assume so, but thought I'd better ask to be sure.
Old 01-22-05, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
Is that the Fifth Element Ultimate Edition? I assume so, but thought I'd better ask to be sure.
Yes.

Also covered in this thread.
Old 01-22-05, 03:38 PM

Can it be any DVD
Old 01-22-05, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by imp66
Yes.

Also covered in this thread.

That thread deals with Gamestop, this deal is with EBgames.

dvdsrule
Old 01-22-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dvdsrule

dvdsrule
It took me a couple of minutes to find it, but they talk about this on page 6 somewhere.

But I had stopped reading that thread after my last post, which came before the EB discussion. So I wasn't aware of the whole EB discussion there.

Still, it does make sense to look here for EB discussion, and not the Gamestop thread.

Thanks for the info, though, imp66.
Old 01-22-05, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Damien666Omen
Can it be any DVD
My experience locally is that they will only take major studios. I would suggest taking 3 craptacular DVDs and seeing what they say. If they reject them, pull out the major studio ones.

Originally Posted by dvdsrule
Yes, but as Slingshotbandit pointed out, ebgames is discussed on Page 6.

Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
Still, it does make sense to look here for EB discussion, and not the Gamestop thread.
Agreed. I wasn't saying it shouldn't have been posted, I was simply saying that it had been brought up in the Gamestop thread.
Old 01-22-05, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Man, I called up the EB in my city -- the only one in the city, as far as I know. I asked if they still had that trade-in deal going, in which you can trade 3 dvds for a copy of Fifth Element. (I read the first post of this thread and it mentioned the promotion for Fifth Element and Resident Evil 2 was going on until the 29th.)

Anyway, he bluntly responded with "no." Then I bluntly replied with a "Do you know what I'm even talking about??" (He sounded like he was either clueless, or just didn't want to bother with some dude asking questions on the phone. I'll give him questions, that bastard.) He said he did. I told him that I had heard they were still doing the promotion. To which he responded that they were doing that -- as in they do the pre-order before the come out, like Game Stop does.

Ok, so i'm fine with that. So then I asked him if he knows what DVDs they're accepting trade-ins for right now. He said that they weren't doing it at this point and didn't know when they will.

I don't typically go Electronics Boutique, because I'm not much of a gamer (unless it's Tetris, or whatnot), but I'm fixin' to go there and just see if I got a lazy-ass employee, with a chip on his shoulder (Hey, i've been that guy, too. I KNOW they exist. ha!) or if I'm stuck with the sorriest EB in the corporation.
Old 01-22-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, but as Slingshotbandit pointed out, ebgames is discussed on Page 6.

Agreed. I wasn't saying it shouldn't have been posted, I was simply saying that it had been brought up in the Gamestop thread.
10-4.

I was just helping to clear the air for -dvdsrule- to let him know that I was in the same boat as he was, but that you were just pointing it out to the wayward sheep, such as I.
Old 01-22-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Slingshot:

Trust me. Print out the page off their site and take it with you. When you get there, they will undoubtedly say that the deal does not exist. Tell them to ring up your three trades, then ring up the title. We have two EB stores here (one ebgames and one Electronics Boutique) here. The first (EB Games) insisted that the deal for Resident Evil did not exist and would not even ring it up (I didn't have the printout), although they said the deal for Fifth Element (the one you wanted to trade for ) did, and they made the swap. The second one said, "I don't know if any such deal, but we'll try it out." When he rang it up, voila! I had my deal.

Truly clueless in most cases. At the first one, I even tried to tell the guy, "Look, you only have TWO new DVDs in the entire store....Fifth Element and Resident Evil....could it be they are here for some kind of advertised deal???" He couldn't see my logic.
Old 01-30-05, 08:44 PM

Thanks for the deal OP! I was able to unload some fine cheapo titles for The Fifth Element SE. These included Godzilla's Revenge, Psycho II, and Tom and Jerry's Greatest Chases. The guy I talked with said they do these types of deals periodically, but may not necessarily advertise them in the store. He said they have so many promotions going on at any given time, that it's impossible to keep track of them all.
Old 01-30-05, 11:31 PM

Thanks for this...

I actually already got Fifth Element UE

But I want RE 2 though I just watched the other day finally.
Old 01-30-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Slingshot:

Trust me. Print out the page off their site and take it with you. When you get there, they will undoubtedly say that the deal does not exist. Tell them to ring up your three trades, then ring up the title. We have two EB stores here (one ebgames and one Electronics Boutique) here. The first (EB Games) insisted that the deal for Resident Evil did not exist and would not even ring it up (I didn't have the printout), although they said the deal for Fifth Element (the one you wanted to trade for ) did, and they made the swap. The second one said, "I don't know if any such deal, but we'll try it out." When he rang it up, voila! I had my deal.

Truly clueless in most cases. At the first one, I even tried to tell the guy, "Look, you only have TWO new DVDs in the entire store....Fifth Element and Resident Evil....could it be they are here for some kind of advertised deal???" He couldn't see my logic.
Hey, imp.

Sorry, I just read this now, otherwise I would've responded earlier.

Anyhow, I'm not sure I would've gone through all that trouble just to make a few knuckleheads look bad. If there was an EBgames (or Electronics Boutique) within a few miles, I would have. However, the nearest one is 15 minutes away, while the nearest Blockbuster is like 4 min. away and in direct route to where I live.

I ended up just trading 3 dvds in at Blockbuster and paid a couple dollars of my own money to grab it. So it worked out well.

Thanks for letting me know, though. If I hear of a deal going on there that I want "in" on, I'm going to do what you suggested.