DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Media Play No Longer offers the 4:1 DVD deal...

Old 12-22-04, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Media Play No Longer offers the 4:1 DVD deal...

Hey all,

I found out the hard way that Media Play no longer offers the 4:1 Tuesday DVD trade deal. They have stopped the "trade 1 dvd and get a new release for $13.99" as well. I was bummed.

Since Media Play was going to offer me about $1.00 or less per DVD, i said no thanks and went to Blockbuster where they offered me at least $5.00 per DVD guaranteed!.......So, i still got what I wanted for free... Actually, as long as the DVD's aren't new releases that you are trading in -- $5 per DVD isn't too shabby....

FYI,

Matt
Old 12-22-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

suncoast does this deal on tuesday...trade in four and get a title 30 or less

everyday of the week they do trade in one title get a title 30 or less for 15.99
Old 12-22-04, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you have a Movie Trading Post in your area (they're in a few states) they have a trade in 3 for a new release (I got Napoleon Dynamite and Collateral today), and also they have a trade in 5 DVDs for $50 store credit...and they have some decent prices, like many of the MSRP $29.95 Criterions marked at $19.99. Very sexy.
Old 12-22-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

doesnt surprise me that Media Play is backing out of this deal. everytime i looked at their USED DVDs, they were more expensive than getting them BRAND NEW, although not at Media Play.

$5.50 bin DVDs are 9.99.
Old 12-22-04, 06:29 PM

That's news to me. Just yesterday, I unloaded 4 crap titles for the Unrated King Arthur, and 8 crap games for two copies of Halo 2 (for gifts).

I've specifically been picking up cheap buy 2 get 1 free DVD titles at EB games and Game Stop. I can usually find a few used major studio releases for $2.99 or $3.99, which just gets better when the B2G1F deal kicks in. I've got a stockpile to trade in for the next few titles that come out that probably won't have a release week sale price. Some catalog titles don't get the big sale discount on release week, so getting one in trade for 4 titles I only have about $12 invested in is a deal to me.
Old 12-22-04, 06:41 PM

drjay, it's actually Movie Trading Company. What 29.95 Criterions have you seen for 19.99? I picked up Stray Dog for 25.99 and I think the MSRP is 39.99 on that one. That was a pretty good deal.
Old 12-23-04, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by STEVEIGNORANT
drjay, it's actually Movie Trading Company. What 29.95 Criterions have you seen for 19.99? I picked up Stray Dog for 25.99 and I think the MSRP is 39.99 on that one. That was a pretty good deal.
I saw Smiles of a Summer Night, Onibaba, and Port of Shadows for $19.99. I wasn't flipping through the discs (waaaay too many) so there might've been more Criterions behind other titles, etc, but I thought those three were pretty nice deals. I picked up Port of Shadows and will head back for the others when I have some other crap to trade, heh.