Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Another BB 10 Percent Off Deal

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-04, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another BB 10 Percent Off Deal

I'm not sure if this is new or not, or if it's been mentioned in the folder (couldn't find anything on it), but while in Best Buy today, I noticed on a display stand that if you purchase two of their $5.99 titles, you can get 10 percent off of any regularly priced DVD. Not exactly a huge deal, but may be a nice bargain for those who were already going to snag a couple of titles out of the bin (or off the display stand). My girlfriend used it to get 10 percent off Office Space (which was already $9.99 this week to begin with).
Old 12-21-04, 07:14 PM

I am the original poster of this deal. I posted on Nov. 3rd in ~$6 Bargain thread, POST #208
Thank you for your participation but I'm afraid the deal will be over in 10 days

Last edited by dvdphilic; 12-21-04 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-21-04, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, I have also posted this deal twice in the past couple of months in relation with how this deal combines with other offers from Best Buy. Still, a decent deal that will end soon.
Old 12-22-04, 07:15 AM
Defunct Account

Thanks for posting this Al. I saved a bunch with one of the other offers, and still have a few things to buy for X-mas.

Since you can save 10% on a DVD that's not $5.99, this deal shouldn't be burried in the $6 bargin bin topic. It deserves its own thread.

-John
Old 12-22-04, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
True. I clicked on this thread to see about a discount. I wouldn't have clicked the $6 thread, ever.
Old 12-22-04, 08:59 PM
Defunct Account

I picked up a couple of stocking stuffer DVDs for $12, and got $10 off the last season of Voyager. Thanks OP!
Old 12-22-04, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
True. I clicked on this thread to see about a discount. I wouldn't have clicked the $6 thread, ever.
Michael,

Now I see why so many people treat the $6 Bargain thread like Walmart $5.50 bin. I'm so regret that my posts have been reposted many times because I posted many orginal B&M bargain deals in that thread but the person who reposted seperately took the credibility. Now I'm going to post the deal alone and if you people think it is more convenient, than that's fine with me. I hope my contribution can help more members.

I mean no disrepect to the reposters. I wish my original posts can be found and viewed properly. This forum is much more generous to reposts than FatWallet.
Old 12-23-04, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I simply had no idea that these types of deals were being posted in that thread. I already own most of the bargain titles that I want, so as these other guys said, I would pretty much never had gone to that thread.

Thanks to all, including dvdphilic who take the time to post deals that have helped me save literally thousands over the years. Furthermore, anyone who helps me be a "devil" at BB gets my thumbs up!
Old 12-24-04, 02:50 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The BB at Salem,OR has been doing a local "Buy 3 DVDs Get 10% off all 3" deal (excluding new releases, sale and special order) since early this month. They had flyers posted in the DVD asles. The stores near Portland don't have this same deal but the common 10% off when you buy 2 $5.99 DVDs deal instead.