Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Coupon: $5 off select dvds at Circuit City B&M w/ Coca Cola purchase

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-04, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupon: $5 off select dvds at Circuit City B&M w/ Coca Cola purchase

Stopped at a new Exxon on Midlothian Turnpike here in Richmond, VA last night, it had an attached convenience store ("On The Run"), was thirsty, so after filling up the car went inside to fill me up too. Got my 44 oz. fountain drink (so naughty, so bad!), was looking around to see what else they had (deli w/seating, big coffee bar), saw a big sticker sign on the drink cooler in back that said something like "$5 off these dvds at Circuit City!" -- so I checked it out.

The deal apparently runs through 1/31/05 and listed these dvds as part of the deal: Jingle All The Way, The Simple Life 2, Day After Tomorrow, Garfield, .... and Daredevil Director's Cut, all $5 off with purchase of a 20 oz. or 1-liter Coca Cola product, *or* a 44 oz. fountain drink. Looked like it could be a good deal on Daredevil, so I took my drink up to the counter and asked the little old lady working the register about the deal, thinking maybe it was something that printed out on the receipt.

She had no clue, but right there on the counter were a couple of stacks of the small rectangular coupons in tear-off pads. Maybe they're supposed to keep them behind the counter and only give them out for qualifying purchases, but these were just sitting there. Anyway, I paid for my drink and helped myself to a coupon, then headed around the corner to Circuit City where I picked up Daredevil DC for $9.99 after coupon (too bad it was no longer on sale, got the discount off the sticker price of $14.99).

I may go back later today to try out their touchless car wash, which means I'll probably need another drink, and if so I'll update this post with the remaining eligible titles (I don't recall being interested in anything other than Daredevil, so it was hard to remember the others this morning). I also have no idea whether this is nationwide or just some hometown Circuit City thing for us Richmonders.

Anyway, might be worth keeping an eye out for the promo stickers at your local convenience stores.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention, nor did I tell the little old lady cashier, that my fountain drink was.... Pepsi! Bwahahahaha! Mwahahahaha! Pepsi rules!

Um, okay, so that wasn't really that evil-geniusy. Holiday season is stressful, man, stressful!

Edit 2: Went back and picked up another coupon so I could verify the titles involved; they're listed above.

Last edited by Dah-Dee; 12-22-04 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-16-04, 04:26 PM

Just wanted to let folks know I verified the titles involved.

Please note that the coupon also pictures as a qualifying product, in addition to those mentioned previously, a "Fridge Pack" of cans (12-pack?).
Old 12-16-04, 07:11 PM
Banned

Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-16-04, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome Monkey123
Old 12-22-04, 11:47 AM

Bumping this because I see that, per this thread, Daredevil Director's Cut is on sale today and tomorrow (12/22-23/04) for $11.99, and there's nothing on the coupon that excludes sale items, so you can apparently use it to buy Daredevil DC for $6.99
Old 12-22-04, 12:25 PM

Has anyone seen these coupons at another chain of stores - convenience or otherwise? I haven't noticed any up-n-go's in north Mass.
Old 12-22-04, 09:57 PM

Hey, I did find an Up-n-Go, turned out to be the place I go to get good carwashes. So, I bought a soda, got the coupon and headed over to Circuity City. It took me 20 minutes to find the freakin DC DareDevils - they weren't with the normal DareDevils and even the normal DareDevils weren't alphabetized correctly (somebody tell CC that D comes AFTER C....)

Anyway, after all that it would only take $2 off, not $5. They told me it was because it was taking it off the regular price, not the sale price, even though the coupon does not mention regular or sale prices (it does say something like "other offers" though). I said screw it, since I had just ransacked BBY for a bunch of the $10 off animes and left. Might try another CC tomorrow since I have to drive in the opposite direction, but it isn't looking good fellas.
Old 12-22-04, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
Hey, I did find an Up-n-Go, turned out to be the place I go to get good carwashes. So, I bought a soda, got the coupon and headed over to Circuity City. It took me 20 minutes to find the freakin DC DareDevils - they weren't with the normal DareDevils and even the normal DareDevils weren't alphabetized correctly (somebody tell CC that D comes AFTER C....)

Anyway, after all that it would only take $2 off, not $5. They told me it was because it was taking it off the regular price, not the sale price, even though the coupon does not mention regular or sale prices (it does say something like "other offers" though). I said screw it, since I had just ransacked BBY for a bunch of the $10 off animes and left. Might try another CC tomorrow since I have to drive in the opposite direction, but it isn't looking good fellas.
Well, I'm glad somebody else actually found the coupon, I was starting to wonder....anyway, it's weird that you found an "Up-N-Go," because I logged on just now to correct an error in my first post: the name of the gas station convenience store was actually "On The Run"!!! I don't know where the heck I got "Up-N-Go" from, but I guess they're actually out there somewhere

As far as using the coupon with Daredevil on sale, I had a similar experience today with a different outcome. The system, as with yours, only took $2 off, and after I pointed that out to the cashier she read the back of the coupon carefully, stated she didn't see any reason for the coupon terms to limit the credit to $2, consulted with a fellow cashier who agreed, and manually adjusted the price to $6.99. They even mentioned "other offers" as referring to things other than sale prices (free/w purchase deals, package promos).

I think your cashier was just being lazy; really sorry it didn't work out for you!

Last edited by Dah-Dee; 12-22-04 at 10:29 PM.