Reload this Page >

Disney Treasures at Walmart (YMMV)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 12-07-04, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I'd let everyoen know that my local Walmart had a big display for the new wave of Disney Treasures for $24.xx. The interesting thing is that they had several of the previous waves in the display as well, such as Tomorrowland, Disneyland USA, Behind the Scenes, etc for the same price. They did not have these sets previously, so perhaps new stock was found and has been distrubuted nationally ... just FYI.
Old 12-07-04, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,170 Likes on 4,200 Posts
Thanks. I'll check out my local WM for that Disneyland set.
Old 12-07-04, 11:31 AM

I saw the same thing. They are $2 higher than the previous waves and I didn't find any of the 1st wave or MM in B&W/ Goofy tins, but all the rest were there
Old 12-07-04, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

by the way, what's ymmv?
Old 12-07-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
by the way, what's ymmv?
Your Milage May Vary
Old 12-07-04, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by habers
Your Milage May Vary
gotcha, thanks
Old 12-07-04, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They were $24.99 at Best Buy. Had about 6 each in stock. Didn't see any of the old wave. I know Fry's in Gwinnett has a few in stock from the last wave. They were also $24.99.
Old 12-07-04, 01:08 PM

My local Sam's Club didn't have any of the old waves, but the new wave was marked at $21.96. BTW, I also went the other Walmart in my area, and they had several copies of the older wave titles as well.
Old 12-07-04, 01:13 PM

At least yours had them out. Here is my experience this morning:

Doc: "Maam, do you have the new Walt Disney Treasures set in stock? They are the films that are in tins".

WalMart woman: "Walt Disney 10's?"

Doc: "No. The new Walt Disney Treasures".

WalMart Idiot: "Those came out a long time ago."

Doc: "They have released several sets of these over the years. But a new set came out today". <getting frustrated>

WalMart Idiot: "We don't have them if it's not out already. They got pushed back to next week".

Frustrated Doc: "No. They are coming out today. Every other store is carrying them today".

WalMart Idiot: "Let me check the sheet"..........<sees it on the sheet>......"WalMart Idiot #2!! Where are the Disney Treasures?"

WalMart Idiot #2: "I don't see them".

<Doc walks away to search for them elsewhere, hopefully where there are more compentant people.>

Who was I to think these people were actually competent?
Old 12-07-04, 01:13 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for posting. Found several of the older titles at walmart as well.
Old 12-07-04, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by DrMcKittrick

Doc: "Maam, do you have the new Walt Disney Treasures set in stock? They are the films that are in tins".

Doc: "They have released several sets of these over the years. But a new set came out today". <getting frustrated>

WalMart Idiot: "We don't have them if it's not out already. They got pushed back to next week".

Frustrated Doc: "No. They are coming out today. Every other store is carrying them today".

WalMart Idiot: "Let me check the sheet"..........<sees it on the sheet>......"WalMart Idiot #2!! Where are the Disney Treasures?"

<Doc walks away to search for them elsewhere, hopefully where there are more compentant people.>

Wow. Both of my local Walmarts did not have any in the DVD section, but instead in its own display by the door. That was fine with the one "standard" Walmart that only has one door, but a bit harder to find at a Supercenter (I had to ask the people electronics if there was a display somewhere).
Old 12-07-04, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DrMcKittrick

I just had a similar conversation over the phone. Here is an example:

SHE: Disney What!? ME: Treasures SHE: It's this a cd or dvd? ME: It's a DVD (I'm thinking in my head, oh F#@k they don't have it since she doesn't even know what I'm talking about) SHE: Ok.. Hold On... Ahmm, Sir we only have Mickey's Twice Upon A Xmas!
ME: Did you notice any new releases with a metal cover?
SHE: No.
ME: ok bye

Old 12-07-04, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like I'm heading to Sam's Club. I hope to have more luck there specially if they are $22 each
Old 12-07-04, 03:08 PM

I ordered from Amazon, didn't feel like standing in line for 45 minutes at Wal-Mart.
Old 12-07-04, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you're gonna buy them at Best Buy and don't have the 20% off Madden off coupons, a good alternative is to use the coupon that was on the Disney Mickey CD-Rom Gift Cards. The coupon is for buy 2 Disney DVDs get $5 off, buy 3 get $10 off, buy 4 get $15 off.

If you buy the 3 Disney treasures it'll be $75 - $10 = $65 for the 3. You can buy a 4th Disney DVD and save another $5.

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.com and got them for $20.45 each with STL and the Pi/2 Discount.
Old 12-07-04, 08:38 PM

went to 6 of the wal-marts with less than a 45 minute drive. 3 of the walmarts did not have the disney treasures at all. after searching all across the front for the display asked someone in electronics. they had no idea what we were talking about. 3 of the walmarts did have select older editions. we were able to get a tomorrowland, disneyland, and behind the scenes! also saw the donald, on the front lines. the older ones were priced $1 less than the new ones.

also sam's club had the new ones for $20.16 here!
Old 12-07-04, 09:25 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.com and got them for $20.45 each with STL and the Pi/2 Discount.
Same here. I didn't order MM Club though. The best part is that they arrived in the mail today

In Wave 4, Disney uses a paper insert at the back for the details & specs, while the those were printed directly on the tin in the previous waves.
Old 12-07-04, 09:48 PM

Dabaomb, what is a Pi/2 discount at Amazon? Is that a special credit card or gift card? It sounds like you and eau did a little better on the Disney Treasures without the Madden 20% off coupon as I did with it (counting the sales tax I paid on $19.99).

I found it interesting how the blue info card on the back of the new Treasures was held on by only a little bit of glue. It was so weakly attached on each I decided to put the blue info cards inside the tins. Now to cancel my Amazon order which is in the limbo state (by putting pay by check). I think that's my new strategy going forward: pre-order with STL a couple weeks in advance and select pay by check. If I get a better deal locally, then I cancel the order. If I don't, then I put in my CC info.

Next week is ST: TOS Season 3 and LOTR: ROTK EE. Hopefully Madden will come through for me again at BBY.
Old 12-07-04, 10:05 PM
Cool New Member

My local BJ's had all three for $22.99 each but a small amount on the MMC and Pluto tins. Only picked up MMC for now.
Old 12-07-04, 10:11 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Manzana
Dabaomb, what is a Pi/2 discount at Amazon? Is that a special credit card or gift card? It sounds like you and eau did a little better on the Disney Treasures without the Madden 20% off coupon as I did with it (counting the sales tax I paid on $19.99).
Pi/2 discount = A9 discount = 1.57% off your order

http://www.amazon.com/gp/xs/sharethepi.html
Old 12-10-04, 04:46 PM

Just got back from my Walmart about an hour ago and they had a special cardboard display with the tins fully stocked in there. In fact there was All 3 from this current wave , all four from the earlier wave in 2004, Behind the scenes from 2002, and Disneyland USA from the originals. The cardboard standee had the six past versions printed on the outer edge so it is a "planned" promotion. The price was the same for all 24.57
Old 12-10-04, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Which ones are the best ones to get??

I saw Donald Duck Vol 1
Mickey Mouse Color
Some World War Set
and Mickey Black and White Vol 2
Oh and a Pluto Set
Old 12-10-04, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts
My walmart had nothing out. I bought the 3 from Target $24.99. I have all the others already, so I'm set...
Old 12-14-04, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Score! Didn't see this thread until after we happened upon the display in the West Omaha Wal-Mart. They've got everything from the past 3 waves. Picked up Disneyland USA this evening.
Old 12-14-04, 08:37 PM
Cool New Member

Well, I had somebody check for me at my local Sam's Club (Somewhere in RI, Warwick I think) and they were $20.xx there. He checked at around 3 PM EST and he said they only had Mickey B&W Vol. 2 and Mickey Mouse Club, no Pluto. Forgot to have him check on the older ones though, so I don't know if they had them.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.