Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy New Coupon: Get a $10 Gift Card Instantly for every $100 Spent, Max $50 GC

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy New Coupon: Get a $10 Gift Card Instantly for every $100 Spent, Max $50 GC

Old 11-29-04, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's new Best Buy coupon which is equal to 10% off. I got it on BF shopping. Go to your local Best Buy store and I'm sure they will give it to you. For details, let the picture talk.

Last edited by dvdphilic; 11-29-04 at 03:51 AM.
Old 11-29-04, 08:18 AM

That's good, but it sucks I spent nearly $400 3 days ago at Best Buy.
Old 11-29-04, 09:39 AM

I just spent $2,000 a few days ago on a major item. This does suck.
Old 11-29-04, 11:03 AM

Is the coupon available in store, or do you have to get it elsewhwere?
Old 11-29-04, 12:30 PM

It would seem to be good toward the purchase of other gift cards
Old 11-29-04, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by Skyvvalker
Is the coupon available in store, or do you have to get it elsewhwere?
Yes the coupon is available in store. I got it when at the checkout counter, and I also saw it on the customer service desk.
Old 11-29-04, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by toddpierce
It would seem to be good toward the purchase of other gift cards
That's a good idea! Since the coupon doesn't mention it can't be used with gift card purchase, I think it is worth a try.
Old 11-29-04, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by scottp120
That's good, but it sucks I spent nearly $400 3 days ago at Best Buy.
I had this happen once at Circuit City. The girl behind the counter wasn't sure if she could honor it since it was a previous purchase. I asked for the manager who ended up approving it because I offered to return everything and rebuy it with the coupon, which would have been more work for them. If he had turned me down I would have done exactly that though. I would have returned everything and repurchased it, since none of it was opened yet.
Old 11-29-04, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by innocentfreak
I had this happen once at Circuit City. The girl behind the counter wasn't sure if she could honor it since it was a previous purchase. I asked for the manager who ended up approving it because I offered to return everything and rebuy it with the coupon, which would have been more work for them. If he had turned me down I would have done exactly that though. I would have returned everything and repurchased it, since none of it was opened yet.
innocentfreak you are the devil
Old 11-30-04, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i got a $20 one the other day for spending $250. I ended up returning the stuff because it didnt fit. They didn't ask for the GC back when I returned it
Old 11-30-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If you have already opened/used the merchandise you can still make use of this coupon, as long as they aren't tracking serial numbers by transaction.

Assuming the merchandise is still priced the same (or better) than it was when you bought it, just buy it again with the coupon. Then return the new (and unopened) merchandise with your old receipt.
Old 11-30-04, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

figures. I just got back from picking up a laptop today from them.
Old 11-30-04, 04:00 PM

My wife has done the exact same thing several times at both CC and BB. They've gone back, done paperwork, and then rerung the items up to give her the discount. So they will do it.

Then again my wife did return stuff once because of a sale issue. One time when my wife was lied to and almost called stupid by a new assistant manager at CC about a sales ad; she went out and purchased a bunch of items at Best Buy, then returned the same items purchased at CC the previous weeks, got the CC store manager to come over after the items were returned, and she showed him the receipt of the same items purchased at Best Buy along with an additional $1000 worth of items she purchased that day from Best Buy. To top it all off, about a week later we got a written apology along with a $25 gift card from CC, plus they told her that she was right about the item in the sales ad.

Last edited by oldone; 11-30-04 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-30-04, 09:06 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Ah shit, I wish I had read this before I just went out to get an XBox!

I saw the coupon when I got home, and I was like "Sweet! $10 bucks off.....if I had bought this tomorrow! Fuck!"

Old 11-30-04, 10:01 PM

I will have to keep an eye out for this the next time I'm in BB.
Old 12-01-04, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Funny.

I went to BB to buy a 20" flat-screen television for my girlfriend's birhtday. (She just moved into an apartment and she's tv-less at the moment. The Best Buy nearest to me knew nothing about this. I talked to someone "important" (he wore a black button up shirt and tie, with a name badge I never bothered to read) there, and told him abou the $10 off per every $100 you spend. He said his store isn't participating in that, but he'd knock $10 off the price of the tv.

I came to believe later on that he was the manager because he was sitting behing the customer service desk, in a closed off space, where computers and other "important" looking stuff -- like logs and binders -- were crammed. Plus, he was the only person working there that was wearing a black button-up shirt and tie. (And he also had someone else ring up the $10 discount on my tv, so barking orders like that -- I would imagine -- doesn't usually come from anyone other than the manager.

So, I guess not all of the Best Buys are participating in this. Or maybe they are, but there was no automatic notification of me receiving a $10 gift card for my purchase (I had also bought a dvd player for $200) at this Best Buy. So who knows exactly what the deal is.

All in all, I guess, if you ask the manager about the $10 gift card for every $100 in purchases, mention that they do this at other Best Buys ("I have a friend who says that the Best Buys where he lives does this," etc...). If they're anything like the manager at the location by me, then they'll work with you.
Old 12-01-04, 04:16 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^

I thought the $10 GC for every $100 spent is a coupon thing. If you present the coupon, the cash register would recognise it and prompt the cashier for the gift card.
Old 12-01-04, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's what I thought, originally. But I read some of the other posts and no one seemed to acknowledge that they received the coupon. So, I assumed that it wasn't a coupon per se, that it was just a card sent out in the mail stating that this is the special going on.

Regardless, I acted unawares and managed to get a discount. Didn't try to weasel them into giving it to me. Just inquired. Luckily it pays to do so.
Old 12-01-04, 04:56 AM

Everybody, please do not give up. This is a national deal. Today is the first valid day of the coupon. I'm sure you can find it at your local store. I personally have serveral copies.
Old 12-01-04, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh.

Duh.

The sale started on December 1st (today).

And there I was going on, slightly short of sounding like a blathering idiot, that "there's this Best Buy thing going on where you spend $100, you get a $10 gift card."

Well, cool. I spent over $300 and just got that $10 off. Maybe I should phone customer service and see if they can give me a $30 gift card in the mail? Am I pushing it? I've never been much of the "bargain hunter" in the past, but I find this to be an exhilirating (sp?) challenge. (And easy on the wallet.)

What do you guys think?
Old 12-01-04, 04:07 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by SlingshotBandit
Well, cool. I spent over $300 and just got that $10 off. Maybe I should phone customer service and see if they can give me a $30 gift card in the mail? Am I pushing it? I've never been much of the "bargain hunter" in the past, but I find this to be an exhilirating (sp?) challenge. (And easy on the wallet.)
Don't bother trying to get a $30 GC from BB CS. Their CS is the worst in the industry and they wouldn't even fix the screw-up's they did to people.
Old 12-01-04, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I do that at Sears all the time. It seems that within a month after I buy ANYTHING in that store they have a 10% off sale of coupon.
Old 12-01-04, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by eau
Don't bother trying to get a $30 GC from BB CS. Their CS is the worst in the industry and they wouldn't even fix the screw-up's they did to people.
What about going in to customer service with the receipt, saying that I bought this the day before the sale and was wondering if they'd honor giving me the $10 gift cards?

I don't want to be a "pain in the ass" but, hell, those gift cards can go along way. I'd be getting 3 of 'em.
Old 12-01-04, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by SlingshotBandit
What about going in to customer service with the receipt, saying that I bought this the day before the sale and was wondering if they'd honor giving me the $10 gift cards?

I don't want to be a "pain in the ass" but, hell, those gift cards can go along way. I'd be getting 3 of 'em.
it's worth a shot. You'll have a better argument if you bring in all the merchandise that you purchased unopened. Cuz then you can just return everything and then rebuy it.
Old 12-02-04, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I was at my girlfriend's house hooking up the television. So, that's opened. But my dvd player is still boxed up. I made a big mistake by letting her have my old JVC dvd player.

I read reviews of the Magnavox dvd recorder, and although some seem good, others aren't that great. I really don't make much money now, so I'm thinking I should just keep this and buy another one later on when I do make a decent income. It would make a good bedroom dvd player, I suppose.

Y'know, there are people out there with much bigger problems in life. I seem to get bogged down with the insignificant ones.

Last edited by SlingshotBandit; 12-02-04 at 03:26 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.