Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target 2-Day Sale - Buffy S6 &S7 (and others) - $17.77 Each

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-04, 07:29 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by svrasputin
I'm a manager at Target, and we are definitely giving rain checks for the 2 day ad. Also, substitutions are still offered, matching percentages off of other merchandise in the same categories.

I'm not sure if every Target is like this though....
Do you know why some receipts offer subsititution but at the same store other items just list the other stores that may have the item in stock? Example today Shrek 2 videogame had substitution on it but garfield and other rainchecks didn't. Several weeks ago it was reversed. Video games with no sub and dvds with subs? Since you are a manager thought maybe you could shed some light on sub policy. Thanks in advance.

BTW all sold out dvds had offers for rain check so if you want the actual DVD you should be able to get it.
Old 11-26-04, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kitkittykat
I'm really surprised that Target gives rainchecks. For future reference, how long do these rainchecks last? Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
Mine expires 1/11/05
Old 11-26-04, 08:02 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Well...only S1 & S2 are on sale for $17.77.
Maybe yours...my Target ad says "Seasons 1, 2, and 3" below the picture.

I decided to say screw Target and get a pricematch at Walmart. Unfortunately they didn't even sell South Park S3...only S4. So I hit Meijer, and finally found it. To all of you guys in the mid-west, Meijer does pricematch as long as you have the ad.

After a long day of deal hunting, I finally have my first purchase
Old 11-26-04, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah i got a raincheck for buffy and realized after getting it that i didn't need it but there was no substitution on it at all.
Old 11-26-04, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by Stoney
Maybe yours...my Target ad says "Seasons 1, 2, and 3" below the picture.
Are you sure yours doesn't say "Season 1 or 2, 3 DVDs" below the picture? I haven't seen one that said anything different. The "3 DVDs" refers to the number of discs in each set.
Old 11-26-04, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
What brilk said. The font is very small but if you look at it carefully you'll realize it's only S1 and S2.
Old 11-26-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by brilk
Are you sure yours doesn't say "Season 1 or 2, 3 DVDs" below the picture? I haven't seen one that said anything different. The "3 DVDs" refers to the number of discs in each set.
brilk is correct. The ad states that it is for Season 1 or 2 and that there is 3 DVDs in each set. I thought that Season 3 was part of the sale too until I examined the ad more carefully.
Old 11-26-04, 08:24 PM

I picked up Family Guy Volume 1 and Simpsons Season 4 for about $38 at 6AM this morning. Stayed up all night to hit up Target for this excellent sale.
Old 11-26-04, 08:42 PM

I don't know, that seems like splitting hairs. Also, if it wasn't on sale, then it would be strange to have all of the sets sold out.

Regardless, I was able to use the ad for a pricematch.
Old 11-26-04, 09:12 PM

My wife went in at 2:00 p.m. and they had 3 Buffy season 7's left. I"m only half way through season 5 and haven't started watching season 6. I would have been alright with a raincheck but I have never gotten a raincheck at Target filled for the right item, I always wind up eating it ot taking a substitution.
Old 11-26-04, 11:46 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by glassdragon
Yeah i got a raincheck for buffy and realized after getting it that i didn't need it but there was no substitution on it at all.
It sounds like they finally got wised up and removed the substitution (same % discount in the same category) statment from their raincheck
Old 11-27-04, 12:29 AM
Rob

Originally posted by metaridley
I picked up Family Guy Volume 1 and Simpsons Season 4 for about $38 at 6AM this morning. Stayed up all night to hit up Target for this excellent sale.
I slept in, and went about 3pm. They had plenty of Family Guy and Simpsons DVDs for $17.77. Bought a Family Guy DVD for my brother for Christmas.
Old 11-27-04, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by eau
It sounds like they finally got wised up and removed the substitution (same % discount in the same category) statment from their raincheck
That's what I've been saying for the last week, but no one believes me! I even tried getting more rainchecks today, and there definitely is no substitution policy. If anyone is still getting the substitution policy, maybe there is a system update that hasn't occurred at your location yet...
Old 11-27-04, 04:05 AM
Cool New Member

Got my raincheck tonight without any hassles. Very easy. Thank you for the heads up on Target giving these out. I didn't think they did.
Old 11-27-04, 05:06 AM

Once again, Target is doing substitutions. I spent probably 1/4 of my 14 hour day doing setting up substitutions. Since we sold out of everything that was in our 2 day ad, I had to create substitution sales for just about every endcap in toys, sporting goods, and electronics.

Now that I think about it...that is probably the problem you guys are having while trying to receive substitutions. What we are supposed to do when we sell out of something that is on sale, is go ahead and create a substitution for the OOS item. This tells the inventory system that we have zero onhand of the ad item, then we link a raincheck pad to that item, and then we sub another item for the OOS sale item. The system also creates signs indicating to the shopper that another item is on sale instead of the OOS item.

Now of course we also create "forced" rainchecks for OOS items. By doing this, we do not have to go through the system and tell it that we are OOS, nor are we forced to create a substitution. Basically, these "forced" rainchecks are only done at the registers. This is the same raincheck for the OOS item, but we don't link a substitution to the OOS sale item.

All right, got that? Anyway, what is probably happening is that when an item is linked to a substitution, the inventory and POS system overrides the option to allow the shopper to choose his own sub, because the employee has already decided on an appropriate sub. So, if your Target is diligent in creating subs, you guys may be out of luck in using this system to your advantage.

Wow, never even thought about this before. This must the reason for the substitution dilemna that is occuring.
Old 11-27-04, 05:16 AM

Hope you guys understand what I was trying to say in my last post. I'm pretty damn tired right now, and the Coors Original isn't helping. I got to work at 1 PM, and didn't leave until 3 AM. Long day...

Anyway, I'm going to test my theory out tomorrow at work (if I have time) and I'll let you guys know my findings.
Old 11-27-04, 08:32 AM
Suspended

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-27-04, 08:59 AM

You're definitely correct, SV. My Target had sub signs up to substitute S4 of South Park for S2 (both of which were out of stock though). Substitutions do still exist for some of us.
Old 11-27-04, 11:55 AM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
Had no luck with getting a substitution for Buffy season 7. Would've loved to get season 6 as a sub. Went to three different stores. All were out of 7 but none would do a sub. If anybody has an extra copy of 6 or can get one for me, email me.
Old 11-27-04, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
Maybe I should stop by Target to see if they have any subs set up for SP. Couldn't hurt to check, eh?
Old 11-27-04, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I went to 3 different Targets today, and I hit the jackpot on the 3rd one. I think I'll be giving everyone I know one of the four season sets (because I picked up 4 of each of the following):

South Park S1
South Park S2
The Family Guy S1/S2
Simpson's S4

I figure, whatever I don't give away, I return to Target, plus there were still plenty of the season sets, except for South Park S1 which only had one left after my buying spree.

There were plenty of Buffy S7, and Dawson's Creek S4 season sets, but I just couldn't see myself giving those away to my particular set of friends/colleagues/acquaintances given the serial nature of the shows, but animated comedies are easier to get into and out of. So I stuck with the 4 animated comedy sets.

Last edited by Patman; 11-27-04 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-27-04, 02:51 PM

My Target had sold out of Buffy (by 7:15am)if they even had it in since I was there a few days ago and they didn't have any of season 7 but alot of 6. After waiting for about 20 minutes for someone to unlock the case at Meier didn't have it. So want over to the Circuit City with my ad walked right over to the tv section picked up the one copy. It was about 8 black friday and noone was in the checkout line. I asked the cashier if they pricematched and she said yes (I know they do normally but it was black friday). Looked at the ad and I got Buffy for $15.57 with tax.
Old 11-27-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
I got rain checks today, but there is nothing about substitution on them. I took the target ad to Wal-Mart and got Buffy season 7 pricematched for $17.77.
Old 11-27-04, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

substitution by target

I just go back from Target in an attempt to get a raincheck for Buffy S7 to use the substitution policy to get something else. They had about 10 sets in stock on the shelves!!!

Instead, Family Guy S1&2 and Simpsons were out so I asked for a raincheck for FG but the idiotic guest services woman game me Simpsons instead. I looked on the receipt but it didn't say anything about substitution. I found a manager and asked about it and he said they don't do it for DVDs.

Since I'm not interested in the Simpsons and I already bought FG, I guess I'll be throwing away the raincheck.
Old 11-27-04, 05:01 PM

Ask the right people.

I went there today and saw that South Park S1 and 2 were out, so I asked the head electronics guy about a substitution (which is printed twice on the back of the raincheck tab ie "A substitiution is offered for out of stock items" The wording makes it seem like it's something they'd rather you do than get a raincheck.) and he said it was no problem. He even offered to print me out a raincheck sales slip, which I said sure. I took them and started looking around. I got the new Spongebob S2 and Batman S1 for $17.77!! Thanks for mentioning this guys! This, along with a recent win for a complete set of the X-Files on ebay for $130(legit and including shipping) has made my season bright!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.