Target 2-Day Sale - Buffy S6 &S7 (and others) - $17.77 Each

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target 2-Day Sale - Buffy S6 &S7 (and others) - $17.77 Each

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-04, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The page says "No Rainchecks" under the "Armor All" gift box ad (on the same page but below the Barbie ad above). I don't know if it applies to the Armor All only or everything in the section but I would take it to apply to the Armor All only since it also says it's seasonal.

I don't see a Raincheck policy stated anywhere else in the flyer.
Old 11-25-04, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Sweet Baby James
Does the ad say anything about rainchecks? I know that these will sell out fast and Target will allow you to substitute a similar item for the same % discount of the raincheck. It must be a good 55% off most of these box sets. I would be pumped if I could get 24 Season 3 or Star Trek Season 3 for an additional 55% off with a raincheck.
They don't do that anymore. My friend (in another state) and I both got rainchecks last week... There is no more substitute policy... Instead, they list other Target locations that show the DVD's in stock...
Old 11-25-04, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

awesome, Buffy 7 and South Park 2 for me. i was in target today and they had about 15 copies of each on display. hopefully they have cases in the back to replenish supplies.
Old 11-25-04, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by jpdude
I wonder if Circuit City will pm Buffy S7, if so, someone could get it for $14.95 with the extra 10% of the price difference. I already have all 7 seasons, but it would be cool if someone could get that pm.
when i worked at CC last black friday they dont pm unless they absolutely have to
they'll tell you no but if you insisit on it they might do it
Old 11-25-04, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Score a touchdown for me. I went to wal mart tonight and bought all of those boxed sets a full price. I asked the supervisor on duty about price matching on Friday and they said absolutely as long as I have the ad and the receipts and the unopened merchandise.

Looks like others are starting to do this as well because they have a few of each title left on the shelves. Good luck to the rest of yous guys!
Old 11-25-04, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by kenbenobi
They don't do that anymore. My friend (in another state) and I both got rainchecks last week... There is no more substitute policy... Instead, they list other Target locations that show the DVD's in stock...
The raincheck I got at the West Hollywood Target last weekend for Live Aid still has the substitution policy, then below it, alternate stores that have the item in stock.
Old 11-25-04, 03:34 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

If I go at 8 am ,my dad doesn't want me to go buy myself super early??? There should still be some right? This is a deal I don't want to miss. I have been saving my money for a while for this day.
Old 11-25-04, 04:22 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Target 2-Day Sale - Buffy S6 &S7 (and others) - $17.77 Each

Originally posted by BigT
Kill Bill, Volume 1 $12.88
Kill Bill, Volume 2 $12.88
On Kill Bill V.2 (at least the older batches), there is a $5 sticker coupon for buying both V.1 and V.2. That would make both volumes for under $21. IIRC the coupon is good until 12/31.
Old 11-25-04, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by opatlion1
If I go at 8 am ,my dad doesn't want me to go buy myself super early??? There should still be some right? This is a deal I don't want to miss. I have been saving my money for a while for this day.
Hah! Good luck with that. Unless they restock during the 2 days, all the DVDs will be gone in less than an hour.
Old 11-25-04, 04:57 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Does Target issue rainchecks for the DVDs since they seem to be on 2-day sale anyway? If they were doorbuster items good only Friday morning, then I understand why they wouldn't give out rainchecks.
Old 11-25-04, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Argh, I must have Family Guy Vol. 1 for that price, but I'm home from school for thanksgiving break, and there's no Target within 90+ miles of my little hick hometown
Old 11-25-04, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by eau
Does Target issue rainchecks for the DVDs since they seem to be on 2-day sale anyway? If they were doorbuster items good only Friday morning, then I understand why they wouldn't give out rainchecks.
good question, i also wonder if Best Buy will price match this ad since i will be there at 6 instead of target.
Old 11-25-04, 07:53 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Nice.. I can get Buffy S7 that I'm missing, and Simpsons season 4.

Now.. I just have to get up early as they open at 6am, and I'm sure lots of people will be there for cheap christmas gifts.
Old 11-25-04, 09:35 AM

Yeah, I was on the fence about getting BtVS S7, but when I heard about this last week, I'm happy that I didn't get it on release week (first time I've missed it since S1). I'm also glad I procrastinated with Simpsons S4 & South Park.
Old 11-25-04, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sweet price on Buffy. Wish I would've waited a week.
Old 11-25-04, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by BigT
The page says "No Rainchecks" under the "Armor All" gift box ad (on the same page but below the Barbie ad above). I don't know if it applies to the Armor All only or everything in the section but I would take it to apply to the Armor All only since it also says it's seasonal.

I don't see a Raincheck policy stated anywhere else in the flyer.
The "no rainchecks" definitely applies to the Armor All, not the DVDs.

Why?

Look at the Uniden Cordless phones on the left side of the 2 page spread. It is the first item listed in that box and it says "no rainchecks" driectly beneath the Uniden description, not underneath the last item (dollhouse) description.

No other items on that 2 page spread of 2 Day Sale items say "no rainchecks".

Therefore, the only items with "no raincheck" directly beneath are the no raincheck items.

DVD's should be no problem.
Old 11-25-04, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 352 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally posted by evitagen
Thanks for the tip, but I was actually going to pricematch at Target.
I asked about doing this at Target yesterday (was going to buy Family Guy and Buffy 7 and comeback "if" they went on sale over the weekend) but they said they couldn't make a price adjustment on clearance items or items on the two day weekend sale. So I ended up waiting and will try to buy these on Friday. YMMV, but my Target won't price match these and since they're dvd's I'm not even sure if they'll take them back for a return and rebuy.
Old 11-25-04, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
I'm all over the SP seasons... too bad they didn't lower the price for S3, S4 but ahwell..
Old 11-25-04, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cool!! Getting Buffy S7 at the butt-crack of dawn! Glad I waited. I just bought S6 at Circuit City, pricematch for 27.99. I'm about half way thru.
Old 11-25-04, 01:28 PM

There was a poster a few weeks ago who seemed to have some inside info about Amazon putting the Family Guy sets on their $14.99 Fox tv special list in the near future. Has anyone more info on that?
Old 11-25-04, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by unclehulot
There was a poster a few weeks ago who seemed to have some inside info about Amazon putting the Family Guy sets on their $14.99 Fox tv special list in the near future. Has anyone more info on that?
that was Dalvin. If you've been on here long enough, his information isn't always what we would call "Accurate."
Old 11-25-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by raytrade
The raincheck I got at the West Hollywood Target last weekend for Live Aid still has the substitution policy, then below it, alternate stores that have the item in stock.
Pretty sure it's dead. I got a raincheck one day, and the next day tried again and there was no substitute policy. Same with my friend in Wisconsin. So unless they were discriminating against Buffy Season 6 (which is what we were both trying to get), it looks like it is no more... My "substitute-less" raincheck is dated November 20. I assume you bought Live Aid before that...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 11-25-04 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-25-04, 03:59 PM

I'm a manager at Target, and we are definitely giving rain checks for the 2 day ad. Also, substitutions are still offered, matching percentages off of other merchandise in the same categories.

I'm not sure if every Target is like this though....
Old 11-25-04, 05:41 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by svrasputin
I'm a manager at Target, and we are definitely giving rain checks for the 2 day ad. Also, substitutions are still offered, matching percentages off of other merchandise in the same categories.
The rainchecks for the Buffy will be useful $17.77/$45.99 = 61% OFF
Old 11-25-04, 07:26 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by eau
The rainchecks for the Buffy will be useful $17.77/$45.99 = 61% OFF
Yeah it would sure be nice to parlay this into getting Seasons 4 and 5 which I do not have for the same price.

Greg

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.