DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   (DEAD) Buy.com $15 Fox Box Set sale (Limit One Copy Per Title Per Person) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/397354-dead-buy-com-%2415-fox-box-set-sale-limit-one-copy-per-title-per-person.html)

graffetti 11-24-04 05:32 AM

Deal Dead

Not sure if this has been posted you but check out the link below. Buy.com is have a sale $14.99 for certain Fox box sets. Have fun shopping.

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/...688&dcaid=1688

Box sets listed below, you might want to check if I made a mistake. "Limit One Copy Per Title". Deal is limited Time Offer: The deal runs 11/23/04-11/29/04. Please click the referral link for DVDTalk to buy.com before purchasing. :)

The Simpsons (Complete First Season)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Complete First Season)

24 (Complete First Season)

Angel (Season One)

In Living Color (Season One)

King of the Hill (First Season)

Futurama (Volume One)

M*A*S*H (Season One Collector's Edition)

Dark Angel (Complete First Season)

Millennium (Season one)

Roswell (Complete First Season)

The Shield (Complete First Season)

Please refer to the post below by Dabaomb for a 6% off coupon.

sade 11-24-04 05:49 AM

Awsome ! picked Dark Angel & The Shield.

Sade

pocketpc 11-24-04 05:55 AM

Originally posted by sade
Awsome ! picked Dark Angel & The Shield.

Sade

Getting the same thing:)

Dabaomb 11-24-04 05:55 AM

I got this promo in my e-mail today with the "Subject: Alert: New Coupon & Crazy Deals "

Normally, I just delete the buy.com e-mails but I clicked on it cuz of the coupon.

The coupon is 6% off which makes each title $14.09. Order 2 or more to get free shipping. Limit of 1 title per order.

6% Coupon

Oh yeah, I ordered The Shield, Dark Angel, and In Living Color & Millennium which I missed from the last sale.

dvdphilic 11-24-04 05:59 AM

Ain't that the "REMAKE" of the Amazon sale a few months ago? Anyone who missed the "Millenium" deal last time, go for it!

nemein 11-24-04 05:59 AM

Someone needs to have a sale on 2nd seasons now ;)

pocketpc 11-24-04 06:06 AM

crap, with all of the excitement i forgot the 6% off:(

If i cancel my order, can i reuse my $5 Gift Certificate?

Thank you

towbinaj 11-24-04 06:10 AM

good deal. there are some new ones on the list.
Dark Angel
The Shield

Dabaomb 11-24-04 06:13 AM

Originally posted by dvdphilic

*removed*[/B]
you're better off using the coupon that I posted cuz you get $0.91 off per set.

Also, this is the same sale as the Amazon one with the addition of The Shield & Dark Angel.

Lots of stores are selling Fox titles cheap and some B&Ms will be selling some really cheap on Black Friday. Fox must have a deal to sell the first season at a loss with the hope that ppl will like the show & buy later seasons.

Roy28 11-24-04 06:41 AM

I picked up The Shield & 24 with the 6% off and free shipping. I've never had a chance to watch either show, but for $14 each I couldn't resist.

I agree with Dabaomb, I think the reasoning behind these first season "sales" is that mostly everyone interested in these titles has already purchased them. The sale brings in new buyers and gets them hooked on the shows, tempting them to buy the later seasons at full price.

BTW, People keep mentioning "Dark Angel" - I've never seen it, any good?

Roy

nemein 11-24-04 06:44 AM

I'd put it in the rent it first category... I would watch it when it was on but I don't really feel the need to add it to my collection.

DVD Josh 11-24-04 06:45 AM

Originally posted by Roy28
I picked up The Shield & 24 with the 6% off and free shipping. I've never had a chance to watch either show, but for $14 each I couldn't resist.

I agree with Dabaomb, I think the reasoning behind these first season "sales" is that mostly everyone interested in these titles has already purchased them. The sale brings in new buyers and gets them hooked on the shows, tempting them to buy the later seasons at full price.

Roy

You couldn't have picked two better choices in 24 and the Shield. Report back when you get them!

Dabaomb 11-24-04 06:47 AM

Originally posted by Roy28
I picked up The Shield & 24 with the 6% off and free shipping.

Roy

I don't know if it's any good but it's got Jessica Alba :drool:

Kromax 11-24-04 06:52 AM

Much obliged for the info. Picked up The Shield and ILC.

graffetti 11-24-04 06:53 AM

IMHO Dark Angel is pretty good.

Getting Dark Angel and The Shield.

dvdphilic 11-24-04 06:58 AM

OP,

Could you please add "Limit One Copy Per Title" to the thread title?

To those who are planning on buying multiple copies and then selling on ebay, this is not your deal.

bmello 11-24-04 07:08 AM

Originally posted by pocketpc
If i cancel my order, can i reuse my $5 Gift Certificate?

I take it you've never tried to cancel an order at buy.com. You'll have to reorder and then return the original order for credit.

Nagheenanajar 11-24-04 07:15 AM

Thanks for the sale info, I picked up The Shield. I just wish they would include the first season of the X-Files sometime.

Easy 11-24-04 07:20 AM

Originally posted by dvdphilic
OP,
Could you please add "Limit One Copy Per Title" to the thread title?
To those who are planning on buying multiple copies and then selling on ebay, this is not your deal.

rotfl

Good for buy.com!! They were smart enough to limit quanities.
Thanks OP, sweet deal.

graffetti 11-24-04 07:30 AM

Originally posted by Nagheenanajar
Thanks for the sale info, I picked up The Shield. I just wish they would include the first season of the X-Files sometime.
Me too. Would love to see Smallville Season 1 go on sale as well.

BackStJoe 11-24-04 07:59 AM

Picked up Millenium and The Shield...awesome!
Now if we can only get a deal on Season 2 boxes...

Dah-Dee 11-24-04 08:09 AM

Anyubody else having problems with the website? It froze when I clicked on the final "place your order" button. I've waited approx. 15 minutes, opened a new window to check my order status, shows no order. I "stopped" the "progress" in the order window, but not sure whether I should wait longer before submitting it again. Don't want two orders!

Edit: I went ahead and re-submitted the order, actually took me to an additional page to enter the security code from the back of my credit card before finalizing the order, so looks like only one order :thumbsup:

Thanks for the post! :)

LBCrazyFool 11-24-04 08:14 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I picked up Millennium and Dark Angel. Both are blind buys for me.

Michael Corvin 11-24-04 08:18 AM

Originally posted by towbinaj
good deal. there are some new ones on the list.
Dark Angel
The Shield

Both seasons of Dark Angel can be had at Sam's Club for $18. Close to the price you would pay at buy.com with shipping.

GCS 11-24-04 08:32 AM

SWEET!!

Was able to go ahead and pickup 24 and The Shield to keep in the permanent collection!! Well worth doing at $14.09 each!!

Thanks!

Greg