Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Free copy of Shrek 2 (with test drive of Kia car)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Free copy of Shrek 2 (with test drive of Kia car)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-04, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free copy of Shrek 2

OK, I did nt, have not seen this. If I missed it just point it out and lock the thread.

If you drive a kia, you get a free copy of Shrek 2. Go to kia.com for details.

It will probably be FS, but it is worth a shot.
Old 10-25-04, 10:03 AM

test-drive

www.kia.com click on the puss in boots.
Old 10-25-04, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Non-transferrable coupon? What does that mean?

We can get it anywhere by just giving the coupon?

If we can get WS, then Ill take the test drive.
Old 10-25-04, 10:42 AM

non-transferable most likely means that the coupon is good to get a copy of shrek from the kia dealer, not from any store....unforunately it'll probably be in fs
Old 10-25-04, 11:29 AM

Also on Shrek 2, there was a coupon in the Sunday paper for a $5 mail-in rebate if you buy Shrek 2 and three or four StarKist tuna products. Not bad.
Old 10-25-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
Wasn't it Kia that did this with LOTR:Fellowship of the Ring? If I recall you got your certificate (which some dealers would just hand out and not make you test drive) and called an 800 number to redeem it. I think that they were pretty quick about fulfilling the requests too.

Are there seperate releases (WS/FS) for Shrek 2?
Old 10-25-04, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Abob Teff

Are there seperate releases (WS/FS) for Shrek 2?
yes
Old 10-25-04, 01:11 PM

That's the bitch about this.

Do you go into a car dealer, with absolutely no intent of buying a car, just to take advantage of this offer...

... and then complain when you get a FS DVD?
Old 10-25-04, 03:44 PM

No complaint here. I simply go to FYE or simular and exchange it for WS.
Old 10-25-04, 03:48 PM

Originally posted by Altimus Prime
That's the bitch about this.

Do you go into a car dealer, with absolutely no intent of buying a car, just to take advantage of this offer...

... and then complain when you get a FS DVD?
Hmmm... Sounds suspiciously like a moral/ethical dilemma.
Old 10-25-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by sullise
No complaint here. I simply go to FYE or simular and exchange it for WS.
I dont know about that.....sometimes these promos have a hole through the barcode where you cannot resell it or trade it.

I guess we will find out when the reports start coming in on Nov 5th or so.
Old 10-25-04, 04:42 PM
Suspended

Well, the Lord of the Rings deal was: Take the test drive, get a coupon with an PIN and an 800 number. You call the number, give them the PIN and they'd send you a P&S disc. You then take the P&S disc to Wallmart (or hang onto it until X-mas) and return it for a Widescreen version.

Of course sometimes you wouldnt even have to take the test drive. You go in, tell them "I dont want to test drive, and you dont want to waste your time. Can I just have the coupon", and you'll usualy get the goods.

Or, do what I did. Get the name of the local KIA dealer, call the 800 number without a coupon, tell them that the dealer gave you this number and to call. They'll waffle over the fact that this isnt how it's suppose to go, take your name and send you the disc anyway.
Old 10-25-04, 05:15 PM

Wow, what kind of person would go to a dealership just to get a free dvd. Sorry when I step on some toes, but anybody who needs to test drive a car to get Shrek dvd is in serious need of a life. Don't get me wrong, I hardly have a life myself. However, I myself hate going to dealerships when I buy a new car much less going for a free dvd. Some people in the forum make me feel better about my own cheap self. Test driving a car with no interest in buying it to get a free dvd is crossing the line for me. Just my $.02.
Old 10-25-04, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by aspikes
Wow, what kind of person would go to a dealership just to get a free dvd. Sorry when I step on some toes, but anybody who needs to test drive a car to get Shrek dvd is in serious need of a life. Don't get me wrong, I hardly have a life myself. However, I myself hate going to dealerships when I buy a new car much less going for a free dvd. Some people in the forum make me feel better about my own cheap self. Test driving a car with no interest in buying it to get a free dvd is crossing the line for me. Just my $.02.
I test drive just to drive new cars. Yeah, its not like I go to Kia often, but hey for an incentive I will drive anything.

I like going to dealerships. This is a similar argument to the people that defend CH and the people that say it is a hassle.
Old 10-25-04, 06:20 PM
Cool New Member

"Or, do what I did. Get the name of the local KIA dealer, call the 800 number without a coupon, tell them that the dealer gave you this number and to call. They'll waffle over the fact that this isnt how it's suppose to go, take your name and send you the disc anyway."

I like that idea....someone post the 800 number when you get it
Old 10-25-04, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by speedyray
I test drive just to drive new cars. Yeah, its not like I go to Kia often, but hey for an incentive I will drive anything.

I like going to dealerships. This is a similar argument to the people that defend CH and the people that say it is a hassle.
I can work half an hour of overtime and earn enough for a shrek dvd. I don't have to go through the hassle of a car lot and then the hassle of trading in a FS for a WS. Half an hour of overtime is a lot less time than test driving a car. If you like dealerships and test driving cars than more power to you.
Old 10-25-04, 09:26 PM
Cool New Member

Or if you are a poor college student, then more power to you.
Old 10-25-04, 10:17 PM

Hey, free is free, and free is good. Kia's got to know not everyone who comes into the showroom lured by the free Shrek 2 DVD promotion is going to buy a car. I wonder how many they have available for this promotion. And they must have some kind of coverage, or way to pay for it.

Years ago, when my younger brother lived with my dad, they'd make a day out of going around to different car dealerships in his old pos Horizon just to drive all the different cars. No chance they would buy one. They just wanted to drive all the new cars.

And when I was in college, I had some poor vacuum cleaner sales guy come by my rat-hole apartment just so I could get a free case of pop. He had no hope of making a sale, even though I didn't even own a vacuum cleaner! I just wanted something to drink.
Old 10-26-04, 05:52 AM

Regarding the Starkist Tuna $5 Rebate mentioned above... here is a link to the rebate form:

http://www.starkist.com/rebate.pdf

You can also print the rebate form from this page if you can't view *.pdf files:

http://www.starkist.com/rebate.html

Last edited by Skyvvalker; 10-26-04 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-26-04, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did get LOTR from Kia a few years ago, it was FullScree which did not bother me, I knew I was going to purchase the EE when it cam out.

Free was good.
Old 10-27-04, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It only takes 2-3 mins to do a test drive,

Don't be an a$$.

They don't even bother making you drive.

Easy test drive, got my dvd in 2 mins.

Whoa, I didn't have to slave away for half an hour at work to do it WOW!

It was hard work spending 2-3 mins to get a free dvd whoa. LOL!

Last edited by Knives; 10-27-04 at 01:46 AM.
Old 10-27-04, 04:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by speedyray

I like test drives, too. I will be in the market for a new car soon, and taking test drives allows me to find out what new features have been added in the many years since I last bought a car. And these promotions allow me to spread out the visits rather than having to do an intensive search when the time comes to buy and to see many models which I would otherwise never consider. The salesmen aren't pushy...most even cheerfully ask first if you really want a test drive or just the "prize" since they expect this and would rather save their gas allotment for "real" customers. However, they also seem to recognize that the promotion is designed to get people through the front door of the dealership...potential customers who would likely not consider their product. So, there is no shame in taking advantage of THEIR offer...unless you feel embarrassed about going to any other store to take advantage of a special sale which is designed to get you through the front door. In business terms, this is called a "loss leader"...a time-honored tradition.

Anybody who thinks taking a test drive just to get the free offer is "morally wrong" has something seriously skewed with their own standards. Both parties are fulfilling a contract in a mutually beneficial agreement...unless one thinks that everytime you walk into a store to browse, you are obligated to buy something!!

Last edited by creekdipper; 10-27-04 at 04:17 AM.
Old 10-27-04, 08:59 AM

Originally posted by Knives
It only takes 2-3 mins to do a test drive,

Don't be an a$$.

They don't even bother making you drive.

Easy test drive, got my dvd in 2 mins.

Whoa, I didn't have to slave away for half an hour at work to do it WOW!

It was hard work spending 2-3 mins to get a free dvd whoa. LOL!

Who are you trying to kid? I find it hard to believe that you were able to obtain a free dvd in 2 to 3 minutes, but whatever. I will never go to a dealership and do a test drive for a free dvd. I rather stay at work for half an hour longer and earn an extra $19 and buy it. I can not be alone in my feelings of dislike for car lots. If I did like to go to car lots and test drive cars then this is a great deal. There is nothing wrong with taking Kia up on their offer. Thanks to the starter of the thread. My point was that for many of us going to a dealership and test driving a car for the sole purpose of obtaining a free dvd is absurd.

If someone is really interested in buying a new car, may I suggest consumer reports online. I used them and other sources when we purchased our car last year. The cost of consumereports was well worth it.

Last edited by aspikes; 10-27-04 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-27-04, 10:49 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by aspikes
Who are you trying to kid? I find it hard to believe that you were able to obtain a free dvd in 2 to 3 minutes, but whatever.
Ummm. . . . yup. When I stopped at Kia for Rings, I was there about 5 minutes tops. Since theres a Kia on my way home from work, theres no going out of my way.

How can this not sound like a sweet deal?

My point was that for many of us going to a dealership and test driving a car for the sole purpose of obtaining a free dvd is absurd.
And some of the OTHER hoops we jump through around here for cheap DVDs ARENT absurd?
Old 10-27-04, 12:30 PM

THE question is... is it FS or OAR?

If it's OAR, I'll be there!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.