Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Free copy of Shrek 2 (with test drive of Kia car)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Free copy of Shrek 2 (with test drive of Kia car)

Old 10-31-04, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
It's been at least one year since I did it.
Yeah, it looks like they stiffed you on that one. I've had that happen a couple times to me. I would still go ahead and to this one. You can always give it as an X-mas gift :-)
Old 10-31-04, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I did this last week and drove an Optima. Very nice salesman, very pleasant experience, very nice not to have to mail anything. Thanks OP and Kia!
Old 11-29-04, 08:26 PM
Cool New Member

Got mine delivered today -- via FedEx!!

And -- hold on to your hats -- it's W-I-D-E-S-C-R-E-E-N!!! Yippee! Kia sure did this up right!! What a nice early Xmas present! Thanks to the OP!
Old 11-29-04, 08:37 PM

Apparently Metro Detroit dealers opted out of this promotion!

Here is my letter that I sent to customer support:
Dear Sirs, I stopped by one of my local KIA dealerships for test drives, after I heard about the Shrek2 DVD Test Drive promotion. After the test drive, the dealer took my name and address and said that they would send me the promo certificate, since they didn't have it stock yet (even though we were 2 weeks into the promo period!) I never received any info, so I stopped at a different dealership today to do another test drive, and was told that none of the KIA dealers in the Detroit Metropolitan Area are participating in this promotion! It is very frustrating that I test drove a KIA, yet am unable to get a Shrek2 DVD via this promotion because my area dealerships opted not to participate. I was wondering if there was anyway I can get one of the promo certificate codes emailed (or mailed) to me so that I can participate in this promotion? I did, afterall test drive a KIA!

Their reply:
Thank you for contacting Kia Program Headquarters.
While we appreciate your interest in Kia, the Shrek 2 DVD test drive promotion is valid only at participating Kia dealers through November 30, 2004 or while supplies last. Please contact your local area Kia dealer for participation information. To locate your nearest Kia retailer, please visit www.kiausa.com.
The full terms and conditions of this offer can be found by visiting www.kiatestdrivepromotion.com.
Again, we appreciate your interest in Kia.

My reply to their reply:
If you read my note, then you know that I contacted my local dealers and none of them are participating. I was wondering if you could make an exception for me since there are not any dealers in my area that are participating, yet I test drove a Kia after I was led to believe that my dealer was participating. I'm just looking for some fair consideration, in light of my situation.

Their reply to my reply to their reply:
Thank you for contacting Kia Program Headquarters.
We, regretfully, are not able to offer a Test Drive Certificate to consumers who do not test drive a new Kia at a participating dealership.
We appreciate your interest in Kia.

Ahhh wizzers on you Kia!
Old 11-30-04, 07:08 AM

I received my copy last Friday via FedEx. I was also pleasantly surprised to see it was the widescreen version. It was an easy, fun test drive and nice promotion. Thank you, Kia.
Old 11-30-04, 07:38 AM

I received mine yesterday too. Although I have a question. There was only the DVD in the case no inserts. Are there any inserts that come with this DVD? Mine was also the widescreen.
Old 11-30-04, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got and watched mine Friday, as well. :+)
Old 11-30-04, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought Shrek 2 knowing how in the past they twice had shipped fullscreen dvds in their test drive program. Now I wish I hadn't but I can use the WS that I got yesterday via FedEx as a nice Christmas present for someone.
Old 11-30-04, 10:49 AM

Those of you that got the DVDs, how long did it take for it to arrive since you redeemed the coupon online?

I redeemed it Nov. 9 and I am still waiting.

Thanks