DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Office Space Deal??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/384647-office-space-deal.html)

donald gregory 09-09-04 04:44 PM

Office Space $7

someone told me there was a deal on office space recently, either WalMart, Target or such.

Anyone know!!!???

thanks
D

CephalicCarnage 09-09-04 04:50 PM

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you.. But you might want to put a "?" mark at the end of your topic so people don't come in here thinking you have a deal or link for them. :)

NoxHaveN 09-09-04 05:20 PM

Originally posted by CephalicCarnage
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you.. But you might want to put a "?" mark at the end of your topic so people don't come in here thinking you have a deal or link for them. :)
I second that. :up:

Case01 09-09-04 05:48 PM

It was sold in a 2 pack at Bestbuy with Super Troopers for either 14.99 or 19.99.

costanza 09-09-04 05:57 PM

i believe it was also part of a 2 for 15 deal at target a couple of weeks ago

asianxcore 09-09-04 06:26 PM

aren't all of Target's copies of Office Space full frame?

DVD Josh 09-09-04 08:35 PM

Originally posted by asianxcore
aren't all of Target's copies of Office Space full frame?
That's been the case at every Target I've been to.

starman9000 09-09-04 08:47 PM

Originally posted by DVD Josh
That's been the case at every Target I've been to.
I think that used to be the case, but Im pretty sure I saw a widescreen one recently.

Swell86 09-09-04 08:55 PM

i've never seen a non-full screen office space @ target. target's always trying to push lame full screen dvds on people. target = crap

squaresoft7 09-09-04 09:32 PM

I coulda sworn there was talk for about 2 years of this becoming a special edition etc. Was that just a very convincing rumor? I remember topics about how everyone was gonna wait for it, and hold off on the 14.99 price point. Any updates on SE status?

Gallant Pig 09-09-04 11:25 PM

It was almost a done deal 2 years ago then it all fell apart. That was back when ppl Staddon used to haunt internet forums, not sure if he still does or not.

SuprVgeta 09-09-04 11:36 PM

I've held off buying the barebones dvd in hopes of a special edition some time soon, I have no problem waiting.

lordzeppelin 09-09-04 11:47 PM

Originally posted by Swell86
i've never seen a non-full screen office space @ target. target's always trying to push lame full screen dvds on people. target = crap
Has the thought ever crossed your mind that the studio is pushing the fullframe version on distributors and retailers, and that Target, as a corporation, could give 2 craps whether or not a $7 DVD is offered in widescreen? From what I've been told by a distributor, the Widsecreen ones are getting harder and harder to come by, even from the studio. In fact, a bunch of places that used to have the widescreens now have the fullframe ones only, and I'm almost sure that's because of the studio...I fail to see how Target is pushing fullframe on people...or how Target is crap...

Jah-Wren Ryel 09-10-04 12:30 AM

They are complicit, at best only through ignorance. At worst it is part of planned obsolence, they sell foolscreens now and then when joe six-pack finally gets a 16:9 TV and starts seeing the pillarboxing, he'll start over again buying the widescreen version. Just another way to sell the same product twice, both the studios and Target would benefit from a scheme as devious as that.

Conspiracy or ignorance, either way it should be condemned.

Lecithin 09-10-04 08:09 AM

A third choice would be apathy!

I've had the Office Space/Super Trooper (Widescreen/Back to Back) set on order from Digitial Eyes since 8/17 and it still shows backorder "more coming soon". I think it was about $20 but I can't remember anymore.

aspikes 09-11-04 01:32 PM

Off the subject, but I tried to buy Silence of the Lamb with Die Hard at CC this week, only full screen on Silence. Check BB, only full screen, what gives? Needless to say I still do not own either! Full Screen is crap especially when you already own a widescreen tv.

FooDew 09-11-04 02:34 PM

Obviously YMMV but in the 2/20 box there was a special ed. of Silence of the Lambs, I brought that one up with another and said it was the 2/15 deal and the cashier just did it manually. You might want to try that at CC.

drjay 09-12-04 06:20 PM

Originally posted by Lecithin
A third choice would be apathy!

I've had the Office Space/Super Trooper (Widescreen/Back to Back) set on order from Digitial Eyes since 8/17 and it still shows backorder "more coming soon". I think it was about $20 but I can't remember anymore.

I believe this is only $20.99 at BB, or it was a few weeks ago when my roommate bought it. IMHO I'd rather pay the extra buck and have it now ;).