Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Coupon - 15% of Tv Series DVDs

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Coupon - 15% of Tv Series DVDs

Old 09-07-04, 11:42 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 439
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Buy Coupon - 15% of Tv Series DVDs

I received my Best Buy Statement in the mail today, and inside was a coupon for 15% off all TV series DVDs when you use your Best Buy Credit card.

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Excludes special order, clearance, and demos. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Limit 3 DVD sets per coupon.

I have used thee coupons before, and never have a problem using them, even on a sale pricce, but YMMV. I only wish I got this before I bought Alias S3, Twilight Zone, Angel S4, and Will and Grace today.
Old 09-08-04, 05:04 AM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 150
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just return all of em and then purchase them again or see if they can apply it to the transaction now. That's the best way I would think.
Old 09-08-04, 08:18 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,791
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
if you're able to get your hands on a Madden 2005 20% Off Coupon, that would be a bigger discount.
Old 09-08-04, 08:44 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Illinois
Posts: 652
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jordb2k4
Just return all of em and then purchase them again or see if they can apply it to the transaction now. That's the best way I would think.
And if you opened them already and still have the original receipt, you can buy them again using the coupon and refund the new ones using the old receipt.
Old 09-08-04, 12:46 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,656
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best Buy Coupon - 15% of Tv Series DVDs

Originally posted by k_lodge
I received my Best Buy Statement in the mail today, and inside was a coupon for 15% off all TV series DVDs when you use your Best Buy Credit card.

Not sure when that coupon expires, but if you are a Reward Zone member, starting October 1st you can get a 1500 point bonus PER DAY that you use your Best Buy Credit Card. That deal lasts for the rest of the year. So if you shop there every day for 3 months, you'll get $45 in Reward Zone coupons, and that's not counting the points you earn from the purchases themselves!
Old 09-09-04, 10:52 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Originally From The Keystone State
Posts: 1,859
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Best Buy Coupon - 15% of Tv Series DVDs

Originally posted by kenbenobi
Not sure when that coupon expires, but if you are a Reward Zone member, starting October 1st you can get a 1500 point bonus PER DAY that you use your Best Buy Credit Card. That deal lasts for the rest of the year. So if you shop there every day for 3 months, you'll get $45 in Reward Zone coupons, and that's not counting the points you earn from the purchases themselves!
That's great to get 1500 extra points a day, but you have to use your BB Credit Card?

The downer, think of all the debt!
Old 09-09-04, 11:45 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
sumdeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,040
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Best Buy Coupon - 15% of Tv Series DVDs

Originally posted by dvd-fanman
That's great to get 1500 extra points a day, but you have to use your BB Credit Card?

The downer, think of all the debt!
I wonder what the cheapest item in Best Buy is? If we could all find a really cheap item, like 25 cents, then we could all go in once a day for 3 months, charge 25 cents to our Best Buy credit cards and get double back what we spent in Reward Zone dollars! That would be a good way to protest the recent hike in spending amount before getting a Reward Certificate.

I wonder what the smallest Best Buy gift card is? It would be GREAT if we could all buy one of the "Choose your own amount gift cards" for 1 cent, charge to our Best Buy credit cards, and do it once a day for 3 months! That would really feel like justice for the recent price hike in rewards -- not to mention the no more free shipping.

Can anyone tell I am little bitter about the recent changes at Best Buy?!
Old 09-09-04, 12:00 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Originally From The Keystone State
Posts: 1,859
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Best Buy Coupon - 15% of Tv Series DVDs

Originally posted by sumdeus
I wonder what the smallest Best Buy gift card is?

Can anyone tell I am little bitter about the recent changes at Best Buy?!
I don't believe BB GiftCard purchases count toward points.

Good thinking though.
Old 09-09-04, 12:06 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: D/FW, Texas
Posts: 961
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Best Buy Coupon - 15% of Tv Series DVDs

Originally posted by sumdeus
I wonder what the smallest Best Buy gift card is? It would be GREAT if we could all buy one of the "Choose your own amount gift cards" for 1 cent, charge to our Best Buy credit cards, and do it once a day for 3 months! That would really feel like justice for the recent price hike in rewards -- not to mention the no more free shipping.
You can purchase a Best Buy gift card for as little as 1 cent. I know because I've done it. Unfortunately, you do not can earn any Reward Zone points for gift card purchases.
Old 09-09-04, 12:13 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
sumdeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,040
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Best Buy Coupon - 15% of Tv Series DVDs

Originally posted by Mr. Gore
You can purchase a Best Buy gift card for as little as 1 cent. I know because I've done it. Unfortunately, you do not can earn any Reward Zone points for gift card purchases.
LOL! Why did you buy a gift card 1 cent? I'm just curious.

From the Reward Zone letter:

"You can earn an additional 1,500 bonus points every time you use your Best Buy credit card to make a purchase in store, October 1 through December 31, 2004."

So, it doesn't say anything about the purchase being one that counts on your Reward Zone card. So, I think as long as you use your Best Buy credit card to buy the 1 cent gift card then you will get the bonus points. Right? I guess I don't see why you wouldn't get the BONUS points. I realize you won't get any points for the card itself but the BONUS points should still kick in. My only hesitation before your post was not knowing the smallest card size someone could buy -- but if you got one for 1 cent then it is possible and I think it will work.
Old 09-09-04, 12:32 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,052
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Buy does carry gum, snacks, and sodas. It'll run you a bit more than a 1 cent gift card, but you are getting something of value out of it.
Old 09-09-04, 01:58 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: D/FW, Texas
Posts: 961
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by sumdeus
LOL! Why did you buy a gift card 1 cent? I'm just curious.

From the Reward Zone letter:

"You can earn an additional 1,500 bonus points every time you use your Best Buy credit card to make a purchase in store, October 1 through December 31, 2004."

So, it doesn't say anything about the purchase being one that counts on your Reward Zone card. So, I think as long as you use your Best Buy credit card to buy the 1 cent gift card then you will get the bonus points. Right? I guess I don't see why you wouldn't get the BONUS points. I realize you won't get any points for the card itself but the BONUS points should still kick in. My only hesitation before your post was not knowing the smallest card size someone could buy -- but if you got one for 1 cent then it is possible and I think it will work.
I wanted a Gamers Gift Card for the $5 off coupon to be used that same day. Sometimes the clerk will allow the use of coupon without making a transaction for it and wasting the actual card. They can simply scan the coupon without tearing up the package and later place it back on the shelf. However, this clerk insisted that I purchase it and told me that the smallest amount one could place on it was 1 cent. In a somewhat amusing related story, on another trip I went with friend to a Best Buy when the Fox summer TV preview DVD was released. Well, Best Buy charges 1 cent for these "freebies" and I don't carry coinage on me, but I remembered that I still had that damn gift card in my wallet and used it. My friend couldn't stop laughing all the way through the parking lot.

Iím not sure about the bonus point idea, but it seems worth a shot. I donít suppose there is a minimum amount that you have to charge on your Best Buy credit card. Please let us know if you try it and are credited the points correctly once October rolls around.
Old 09-09-04, 02:14 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
sumdeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,040
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mr. Gore
I wanted a Gamers Gift Card for the $5 off coupon to be used that same day. Sometimes the clerk will allow the use of coupon without making a transaction for it and wasting the actual card. They can simply scan the coupon without tearing up the package and later place it back on the shelf. However, this clerk insisted that I purchase it and told me that the smallest amount one could place on it was 1 cent. In a somewhat amusing related story, on another trip I went with friend to a Best Buy when the Fox summer TV preview DVD was released. Well, Best Buy charges 1 cent for these "freebies" and I don't carry coinage on me, but I remembered that I still had that damn gift card in my wallet and used it. My friend couldn't stop laughing all the way through the parking lot.

Iím not sure about the bonus point idea, but it seems worth a shot. I donít suppose there is a minimum amount that you have to charge on your Best Buy credit card. Please let us know if you try it and are credited the points correctly once October rolls around.
Your story was actually more helpful than I thought it would be! I picked up 3 DVDs for $20 this past weekend at Best Buy and I paid with Rewards Zone certificates and a Gift Card. When I got home and checked the receipt they charged me $20.01 for my transaction -- it was because I picked up the "FREE" fall preview DVD!!! I didn't realize until your post where that 1 cent extra charge came from!!!

I am definitely going to give the 1 cent Gift Card charged to my Best Buy credit card a try. If I get the 1500 points I am going to do cartwheels! I just wish the store was a little closer so I could walk to it and not use up gas :-)
Old 09-09-04, 02:19 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,791
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by sumdeus
Your story was actually more helpful than I thought it would be! I picked up 3 DVDs for $20 this past weekend at Best Buy and I paid with Rewards Zone certificates and a Gift Card. When I got home and checked the receipt they charged me $20.01 for my transaction -- it was because I picked up the "FREE" fall preview DVD!!! I didn't realize until your post where that 1 cent extra charge came from!!!

I am definitely going to give the 1 cent Gift Card charged to my Best Buy credit card a try. If I get the 1500 points I am going to do cartwheels! I just wish the store was a little closer so I could walk to it and not use up gas :-)
also, recently for the 3 for $20 deals, they've been charging me $6.67 each which made my sub-total $20.01.
Old 09-09-04, 02:41 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Originally From The Keystone State
Posts: 1,859
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The BestBuy stores near me will not allow any giftcards for less than $5. So when I go in I get four of them with $5 each and then when I checkout I immediately use them, while stocking up on the gamer giftcard coupons at the same time.
Old 09-09-04, 04:13 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Quake1028's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Hurricanes Season Ticket Holder
Posts: 26,594
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder if you get the bonus if you buy a soda or something similar?
Old 09-09-04, 04:26 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
sumdeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,040
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Quake1028
I wonder if you get the bonus if you buy a soda or something similar?
The only stipulation noted in the offer is that the item must be purchased on your Best Buy Credit Card. So, I would say that anything goes at this point. Only 1 transaction per day.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.