Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - September

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - September

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-04, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
The line above says:
Plus, if you're a Got Anime member, you can use your membership and hit one out of the park!

The Got Anime membership doesn't apply to most of the weekly specials and heavily discounted titles, but it DOES apply to most of the studio sales, which are where I buy the bulk of my titles. So you do get an additional discount off of the 33% off the Geneon titles, which is a great deal. And there seem to be studio sales more often than not now, since I remember the last Geneon studio sale was less than 6 months ago.

BTW, Geneon (the new name for Pioneer) titles are generally not discounted as much in most online stores, so this deal is especially good.
Old 09-17-04, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by fujishig
The line above says:
Plus, if you're a Got Anime member, you can use your membership and hit one out of the park!

The Got Anime membership doesn't apply to most of the weekly specials and heavily discounted titles, but it DOES apply to most of the studio sales, which are where I buy the bulk of my titles. So you do get an additional discount off of the 33% off the Geneon titles, which is a great deal. And there seem to be studio sales more often than not now, since I remember the last Geneon studio sale was less than 6 months ago.

BTW, Geneon (the new name for Pioneer) titles are generally not discounted as much in most online stores, so this deal is especially good.
Ah, thank you for the clarification. That's what I was thinking of - I knew the discount applied to something already discounted! Sounds like a good deal if you happen to hit up a few of those sales per year. It'd more than pay for itself after not too long!

Also, updated with new bargain madness!
Old 09-17-04, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Yeah, the studio sales are where I usually use my discount... I very rarely buy stuff that's not already in the weekly specials or in a studio sale, unless it's hard to get (since Rightstuf is really good at making sure you get limited items if you're early). The preorder prices are reasonable if you preorder more than a month in advance, but otherwise normal prices are on the high side, even with GotAnime. Love their customer service, though.

That's why, for most ADVision stuff, DDD still has, by far, the lowest price plus free shipping. Although last year RightStuf's ADV studio sale still came out a few bucks cheaper per DVD.
Old 09-17-04, 02:53 PM

You're doin' a great job with the forum, justbarelymovin'. I say keep up the good work.

Last edited by NoxHaveN; 09-17-04 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-20-04, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by NoxHaveN
You're doin' a great job with the forum, justbarelymovin'. I say keep up the good work.
Thank you very much

New bargain madness for 9/20!
Old 09-21-04, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

New bargain madness 9/21!
Old 09-21-04, 05:00 PM

I just got an email from buy.com that they couldn't get the Escaflowne Movie and canceled the order.
Old 09-22-04, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by grune
I just got an email from buy.com that they couldn't get the Escaflowne Movie and canceled the order.
Same here.

Though I did read in the email that if they ever have the item back in stock (even if it is priced higher), I could write them and get the product at the price we ordered it at.

Now what do you think the chances of them getting the item back in stock are?

Old 09-23-04, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Buttload of updates for today. CHECK OUT THE DEAL ON ESCAFLOWNE THIS WEEK. Both the movie and the TV series! I'm jealous because I know I paid way more than that for my box set + movie!
Old 09-23-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone had luck getting Gungrave at Target ($15)? Neither Target around here has gotten any stock, despite have shelf labels...
Old 09-24-04, 01:12 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by justbarelymovin
Buttload of updates for today. CHECK OUT THE DEAL ON ESCAFLOWNE THIS WEEK. Both the movie and the TV series! I'm jealous because I know I paid way more than that for my box set + movie!
I'm in the same boat as you. Got both and paid way more than (more like double) the sale prices now.

Escaflowne TV + LE Box + Action Figure $69.99
Escaflowne Movie Ultimate Box $24.99

Btw, there will be an Escaflowne Complete Collection (TV + Movie) coming out in a month or two.
Old 09-26-04, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just picked up the Escaflowne TV and movie boxed sets. Thanks for the discounts.

How about this for a deal: Witch Hunter Robin Collection at DDD for $89? Original price is $149. Much better then amazon, dvdplanet, rightstuf, etc. Comes out to $15 per disc.

(BTW...first time I ever ventured into this thread. Turned out to be somewhat costly )
Old 09-26-04, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by UWSarge
How about this for a deal: Witch Hunter Robin Collection at DDD for $89? Original price is $149. Much better then amazon, dvdplanet, rightstuf, etc. Comes out to $15 per disc.
Yeah, that's the re-release version. I'm not sure what all is different about it, but I've been waiting for more details. I'm kinda weird about my DVDs, but thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-26-04, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

anyone know how much was the escaflowne collection sold for a couple of years back at DDD for? was it $149.99?
Old 09-26-04, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by the_dude8
anyone know how much was the escaflowne collection sold for a couple of years back at DDD for? was it $149.99?
Something around that realm, yes. That's probably about how much mine was.
Old 09-26-04, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
justbarelymovin

Just wanted to thank you for all your hard work. I have bought a few dvd's because of the threads

I just bought both Escaflowne specials.
Old 09-26-04, 06:18 AM

I've heard that the WHR re-release is a brick instead of individual cases.
Old 09-26-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
I've heard that the WHR re-release is a brick instead of individual cases.
Yeah, it does look like a brick from the website.

Old 09-26-04, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Shoot. I thought it would be a brick! I'm weird and I prefer individual cases myself. I only have one brick, I think - Boogiepop. And that's because it was an offer I just couldn't really refuse. Although, it made me sad when they had that super special limited edition version for pretty cheap a little while later. He he.

I'm glad you guys enjoy this thread. Remember - If there's anything else you'd like for me to add, just let me know. Thanks for your support
Old 09-26-04, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For those into Japanese Anime (unlike myself), I spotted this deal at Bargainflix.com . DDD dropped each Silent Mobius collection over $20 down to 8.99. The collections are OOP so it might be a nice pickup for those that are interested.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...scca&goto=home
Old 09-27-04, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks so much. This is a very helpful thread

I picked up

Comic Party
His and Her Circumstances
Old 09-28-04, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Bill Geiger
For those into Japanese Anime (unlike myself), I spotted this deal at Bargainflix.com . DDD dropped each Silent Mobius collection over $20 down to 8.99. The collections are OOP so it might be a nice pickup for those that are interested.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...scca&goto=home
Thanks, good deal - updated with that + new Right Stuf special.
Old 09-28-04, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Silent Mobius Vol 2 is OOS at DDD and Digital Eyes - does anyone think they'll restock soon? I'd hate to order 2 & 3 and only get Vol 3 (I bought Vol 1 awhile back).
Old 09-28-04, 11:45 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Saw Silent Mobius V.2 on ebay...
Old 09-28-04, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The first set of Silent Mobius is out of stock also. I shouldn't have waited.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.