Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Blockbuster Online Rentals--! Month Free Trial + 2 B&M Coupons

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-04, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Havne't had this problem (yet). In fact, I have been able to make changes in queue order in the morning and have the correct movies ship out the same day.
Old 08-28-04, 08:01 AM

If you reorganize your queue within an hour or two of them receiving a DVD, you can often control what movie they ship. Netflix updates your queue when they've earmarked a disc for you and again once it's shipped, but unfortunately Blockbuster only tells you when they've shipped a disc.

On the other hand, Blockbuster pretty much always ships the next disc the same day they receive one. Sometimes delaying a shipment by one day is one of Netflix's more annoying habits.
Old 08-28-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I've hit the first snag in shipping to me. On 8/24 they said they shipped 2 movies. I got onje of those on 8/27. I have yet to receive the other. And since they shipout of Miami, and I live in So. Fla., I'm starting to worry it may be lost, slowing down my total number of rentals due to long delay time.
Old 08-28-04, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
To address the problem with the promo code field, it might be tied to the DVDTalk referral link.

I first tried through IE and promo code field was there. I then went through the referral link, and the promo code field vanished. Maybe???

FYI, if you signed up all the way through and missed entering the code (as I did), Blockbuster absolutly refuses to apply it retroactively.
Old 08-28-04, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SunMonkey

FYI, if you signed up all the way through and missed entering the code (as I did), Blockbuster absolutly refuses to apply it retroactively.
There may be a way around this. E-mail
me if you still want to give it a try.
Old 08-29-04, 08:13 AM

Originally posted by SunMonkey
Your mileage may vary on this one depending on what CSR you get-- they did it for me without any questions.
Old 08-29-04, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finally got the other movie shipped on 8/24, along with one shipped on 8/26. The enevlope on the one that took longer looked a little torn up.
Old 08-30-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody have suggestions on getting new releases?

I have in my queue about 30 movies. At the very top are all 8 discs of the first season of the original star trek. Now I send back 1 disc on Friday, a another disc on saturday, and 1 disc is hitting the mail today. I just got an email from them indicating they received back the disc I sent on Friday ( can't complain about that turnaround time ). So, any chance of getting one of those star trek discs?

Does anybody know if they would send out a new release on a monday so you would get it on tuesday/wednesday?
Old 08-30-04, 10:55 AM

I was shipped Ella Enchanted last Monday, so they do send out at least some new releases on Monday.
Old 08-30-04, 03:37 PM

I had a strange problem with my latest rentals. For some reason they are sending me 2 items which were wayyyy down on the bottom of my list (of about 25 items) even though there were numerous titles much higher up that are showing as "Available Now". I've also noticed that sometimes a title will show as available then a few days later it will say "Coming Soon" (these are not new releases). Whats up with that?
Old 08-30-04, 04:58 PM

Originally posted by diesteldorf
There may be a way around this. E-mail
me if you still want to give it a try.

here's my email.

[email protected]

thanks
Old 08-30-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by JohnBeas
I had a strange problem with my latest rentals. For some reason they are sending me 2 items which were wayyyy down on the bottom of my list (of about 25 items) even though there were numerous titles much higher up that are showing as "Available Now".
Yeah, same here. They not only randomly picked from the 15 or so "Available Now" titles on my list, skipping the first 8, but they split up a two-disc set, only sending me the first disc. What good is that?

I'm not too impressed with there service thus far.
Old 08-30-04, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got the notification of what they are sending me next. It was the 27TH item in my queue. 27.

There are 10 items above that listed as available now.

Very odd. The item I returned was the first disc of the looney tunes golden collection. the other three discs are in my queue, higher than 27, and listed as available now. It would be nice if they could sense a situation like that and send you the next disc.
Old 08-30-04, 08:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This is horrible. The way they choose titles is ridiculous. I have received (in order): Freaks and Geeks 6 (1-5 were in stock), Shield 1-1 (#100), Profiler 3-5, and Felicity Season 2 Disk 4 (#112). My #1-#30 are all in stock, but they ship me random disks. Unless this improves I canceling for sure.
Old 08-30-04, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am trying them out right now. So far the biggest thing that is bothering me is the lack of availability. A lot of the movies in my queue are not available. These same movies are in my queue at Netflix and they are all available.

Good thing I am just trying it under the one month trial.
Old 08-31-04, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The shipping times have been atrocious for me. It's not like I live on Rural Route 9 over here. I dropped 3 movies in the mail last Wednesday, they were "received" last Friday, and now it's Tuesday and I still haven't gotten any more movies.
Old 09-01-04, 02:24 PM
Banned

Blockbuster has proven once again that whether you rent in store or rent online, THEY SUCK BIG GIGANTIC ______. Netflix may not be "the best" but it certainly will get my money over Blockbuster any day.
Old 09-01-04, 02:25 PM
Banned

I strongly suggest that dvdtalk's members boycott Blockbuster forever! Who's with me........... anyone............anyone..........bueller.....
Old 09-01-04, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts
I've also been the recipient of the out-of-whack Queue syndrome. They skipped over a dozen available titles on the next shipment. I've eliminated all but my most wanted titles so I can hopefully get them by the end of the trial. It's early yet. Maybe we expect too much. Hopefully with a little time and practice the folks at Blockbuster will learn how to count.
Old 09-01-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had these same problems - I want to see a bbc show that is on five discs, only they don't recognize it as a series. I very carefully ranked the priority order so that I'd get the discs in order. To no avail, of course.

They sent disc 5, when discs 1-4 were listed as available now. I emailed, they didn't fix it. I returned the disc without watching it (no desire to see a series out of order) and they actually sent disc 1. Hasn't arrived yet. Now they received back the one I sent without watching it (disc 5), and guess what they're sending to me? Disc 5. Idiots.

I called a csr today, and explained the situation. He felt bad, and told me they're in the process of fixing the shipping order problem that has been reported by many people. He also told me he'd explain to his supervisor that this is a five disc set, and what order to send them (they aren't numbered, so I had to explain the proper order).

He couldn't extend my free trial, but he is sending me two free rental coupons. It's at least something (even though the local stores would NEVER carry this series, and it is the reason I wanted to try out this service in the first place ).
Old 09-01-04, 03:59 PM
Banned

Again, boycott Blockbuster!
Old 09-03-04, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The goofiness continues.

My two week trial ended yesterday (Thursday). I cancelled my membership a day early, on Wednesday, just to make double-sure I wasn't going to be charged.

This morning, Friday, I got an email saying they received the disc I sent them Wednesday morning. I then got another email saying they shipped me the next disc in my queue, even though my membership has expired.
Old 09-04-04, 02:24 PM
tle

I have the same problems everyone is having. I can't stand the fact that they sent me the dvds not according to my priority list - they sent the ones near the bottom not the top of the list. These guys obviously don't know what they are doing and they have the guts to compete with other online rentals. A company of their size and can't even do things right. I'll cancel my trial and never come back again.
Old 09-04-04, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Count me among those they've played the queue shell game with. It's pathetic and there's no excuse for it. I cancelled my membership already as well. I don't have a problem with things not being available now and then, but to just randomly ship from whatever spot in my queue they please is ridiculous. Their ship time has also been atrocious in comparison with Netflix. If this is how they intend to get into the online rental business they're gonna have trouble stealing Netflix customers.......
Old 09-04-04, 09:26 PM

Shipping times from Blockbuster suck! I put my first set of three discs in the mail on Monday, Blockbuster said they received them on Wednesday and "shipped" my next set of three the same day. Here it is Saturday, and I still have not received them (at least they were in the correct order from my queue). At this rate, I will get only 12 discs in my free four week trial period. I might stick it out for another month since there are several titles in my queue that I wouldn't be able to find locally anywhere, and since I got the discounted monthly fee of only $17.95, that comes out to approximately 24 rentals for $18 plus four free in-store rentals, for a total of only about 64 cents per rental. Not too bad, but could be alot better if shipping times improved!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.