Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Star Wars Trilogy DVD Box Set: $30AR / Free Shipping (Preorder)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Star Wars Trilogy DVD Box Set: $30AR / Free Shipping (Preorder)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-04, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have any contact info for Coconuts.com. Their email thing on their web site does not appear to work and there is nothing else listed such as a real email address, phone number or physical address.

If you placed an order at Coconuts.com did you receive and email confirmation? And would this be the coconuts.com order confirmation needed for the rebate? I ordered over 2 days ago and nothing so far. The order does come up on their web site but I'am wondering about that order confirmation needed for the rebate.
Old 09-10-04, 05:19 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Can someone tell me what STL for Amazon.com is and how I can use it to get best deal? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-04, 05:29 AM

Budget shipping says 1-3 weeks...can anyone attest who has used this that that is how long it takes or at least give me the time for your budget shipping order to arrive? I would hate to get SW 3 weeks after release. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-04, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ernestrp
Anyone have any contact info for Coconuts.com. Their email thing on their web site does not appear to work and there is nothing else listed such as a real email address, phone number or physical address.

If you placed an order at Coconuts.com did you receive and email confirmation? And would this be the coconuts.com order confirmation needed for the rebate? I ordered over 2 days ago and nothing so far. The order does come up on their web site but I'am wondering about that order confirmation needed for the rebate.

Use [email protected].

I did receive an email confirmation when I ordered, not sure why you wouldn't..
Old 09-10-04, 05:56 AM

Originally posted by scott1598
Can someone tell me what STL for Amazon.com is and how I can use it to get best deal? Thanks in advance.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/forumdi...?s=&forumid=36
Old 09-10-04, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by jbtech
Use [email protected].

I did receive an email confirmation when I ordered, not sure why you wouldn't..
Thanks,

They replied pretty fast. I guess a printed copy of the receipt will do for the confirmation:

Thank you for contacting coconuts.com.

This email is in response to your order #********. We apologize
for any difficulties you have experienced with your order. You
have successfully placed an order with us. For details on the
confirmation you can view the invoice of your order. You can
print a copy of your receipt by clicking on 'My Account', found
at the top of each page on our Web site.

After you log in, select the order you'd like to view, then click
on the 'view receipt' button found underneath the listing of
your ordered item(s). You can print the receipt by using the
Print command from the File menu in your browser.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for writing to us.

Sincerely,

The Coconuts Shop
shop.coconuts.com

coconuts.com
www.coconuts.com
Old 09-20-04, 03:12 PM

OK, I got this DVD today from Coconuts.com and there was no UPC price sticker on the shrinkwrap. Will a photocopy or anything else do?
Old 09-20-04, 03:18 PM

Originally posted by bmarquardt
OK, I got this DVD today from Coconuts.com and there was no UPC price sticker on the shrinkwrap. Will a photocopy or anything else do?
i'm sure not all have it on sticker, but it will asuredly be on for Star Wars because that specifically has a rebate.
the one you bought prob does not.
this is just a guess though...
Old 09-20-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
dotcom orders don't have a sticker. I think that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

A photocopy is no good. I haven't seen the set yet, but hopefully the UPC is on a piece of paper and not on the box.
Old 09-20-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How may places did you post this same question?

Methinks there are wayyy too many SW topics. They are now dominating other topics.

Someone needs a broom.
Old 09-20-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by kayak99
Methinks there are wayyy too many SW topics. They are now dominating other topics.
Well the owners don't want to set up a separate temporary section for Star Wars like they did for LOTRs a while back. It would be way nicer if they did.
Old 09-21-04, 06:24 PM

Here's the email I sent off to rebateshq/Parago, coconuts.com, and Transworld corporate:

Hello-

I'm writing this letter to Transworld corporate, coconuts.com, and rebateshq.com in the hopes that we can get something done about the rebate on the Star Wars Trilogy box set. This appears to be offer #04-80176, and is viewable here:

http://ak.buyservices.com/buy_assets...rs_886x717.jpg

This rebate pertains to coconuts.com SKU #'s 40241573 and 40241574 (Widescreen and Fullcreen versions)

They are viewable here:

http://www.coconuts.com/product.aspx?sku=40241573

and here:

http://www.coconuts.com/product.aspx?sku=402415734

I am a member of various deal forums on the Web, and your price on this box set has been a hot topic for the past few weeks. $30 +tax after $15 rebate is an excellent price on this item, and many people have already taken, or plan to take advantage of your offer.

I've emailed previously because of the packing slip date required by the rebate. I notice that it's been moved back to Oct 5. Thank you for this.

However, many people are concerned because the rebate requires the original UPC to be cut from the box set. There is no separate UPC other than one on the box itself, and coconuts.com does not appear to be using the usual Transworld price stickers with the UPC (which are accepted for rebates). This is stopping many people from buying the set at coconuts.com (or other Transworld stores), simply because they don't wish to mutiliate their highly anticipated Star Wars DVD set. They would rather pay a few dollars more at Best Buy, Circuit City, or WalMart than to cut the UPC from the box.

Is there any possible way around this? Could the offer be changed to allow acceptance of a photocopy of the UPC under these circumstances? You will still have the receipt and packing slip to verify a legitimate purchase, and this would allow people to keep their box set intact (and probably boost your sales).

Thank you very much for your consideration in this matter. I eagerly await your response. Please, not just a canned response--there are a lot of people awaiting your reply, and these people often take advantage of Transworld's rebate offers.

Sincerely,

xxx

We'll see what comes of it...
Old 09-21-04, 07:11 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Wow, wouldn't it be easier to just go to Fry's and get if for $36.99? It will end up being just a few dollars more if you take into account sales tax, and time and effort to apply for the rebate.
Old 09-21-04, 07:17 PM

Originally posted by THX7966
Wow, wouldn't it be easier to just go to Fry's and get if for $36.99? It will end up being just a few dollars more if you take into account sales tax, and time and effort to apply for the rebate.
Well, probably--but for me, it's a 2500 mile drive to the nearest Fry's, and I'm thinkin' the gas would outweigh a slight amount of invested time.
Old 09-21-04, 07:32 PM
ed

My reply from Coconuts.com customer service - not good news.

Hello Ed,

Thank you for contacting coconuts.com.

This email is in response to your order #XXXX.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to inform you
that you need to cut the UPS bar code to avail the rebate on
the item.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact us
with any questions you might have. Your satisfaction is important
to us!

Thank you writing to us.

Sincerely,
coconuts.com Customer Care Team

-----Original Message-----

First of all, thank you for the excellent service on delivering my Star Wars DVD set, the actual street date of the DVD release. We expected it to arrive in a few weeks, and was pleasantly surprised to find it in our mailbox today. We look forward to viewing it.

My question is about the $15 rebate offered by TWEC and promoted on your web site. We have everything we need to apply for and receive the rebate, however I'm a bit confused about one item, which the rebate form indicates that I must include. That item is the "original UPC bar code symbol from the package."

The Star Wars 4 DVD set is handsomely packaged. Each disc has it's own plastic case. All of the cases slide into a cardboard sleeve, which in turn slips inside a handsome cardboard case. The UPC bar code is printed into the bottom of cardboard case. Does TWEC expect consumers to destroy the case by cutting out the UPC in order to fulfill the rebate requirement? Is there something else we can include to satisfy the requirement without cutting into the handsome case? (I did notice a "proof of purchase" tag for each movie, which is part of the DVD cardboard text insert in each case. Each one would have to be cut out of the insert, which would also disfigure each insert.)

Thank you for your assistance.

Ed
Old 09-21-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm not surprised. Rebates are all about getting the customer to not redeem them. Whatever they can do to make it harder to do but still stay legal they are probably going to do.
Old 09-21-04, 10:24 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Sounds like a mostly canned response- they don't really understand that the "box" is part of the product itself.

You should try and get in contact with somebody further up.
Old 09-22-04, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ed: the rebate fulfillment house (Parago) is totally different than TWEC corporate in that all of the rebates are outsourced to Parago. You would have to contact Parago instead of TWEC corporate.

Check for the phone # and e-mail in my TWEC rebate thread.
Old 09-22-04, 04:46 PM

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Seems a good idea to copy all 3 on the email; perhaps this will get someone talking.

Just a note: be courteous, not nasty. Probably didn't need to be said, but if they start getting nasty emails, I guarantee we'll see no concessions on this.

Last edited by sanjoelo; 09-22-04 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-23-04, 03:07 PM

I had cancelled my order from Coconuts.com several days ago after hearing about the $15 rebate problem requiring you to cut up the UPC, but received an email today that they have shipped out my order.

I immediately wrote them back about my order cancellation as well as my reasons behind cancelling. Hopefully if enough people complain to them about this rebate, they will be a little more flexible about this if not for this offer then for future rebate offers. I pretty much told them that I would be refusing the shipment if the UPC is still required on the rebate.

I would rather pay a few bucks more than have to chop up the box. I'm pretty sure that would be sentiment of any DVD collector.
Old 09-23-04, 06:14 PM
Banned

While I prefer not to cut it, it doesn't bother me that much.

After all, I don't sit around watching the box on the shelf.
Old 09-23-04, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by consoleman
I had cancelled my order from Coconuts.com several days ago after hearing about the $15 rebate problem requiring you to cut up the UPC, but received an email today that they have shipped out my order.
I'm somewhat in the same boat, I cancelled my order (went for the Gamestop offer), they acknowledged my cancelling, yet a) I got a copy Monday night and b) I have yet to be charged anything from them. I've got the unopened copy from Gamestop just in case.
Old 09-23-04, 07:56 PM

Well, here's the reply I got:

Hello,
A credit has been issued in the amount of $15.00 on 9/23/2004 towards your original payment method in lieu of the rebate.
Please note that it may take 3-5 business days for your bank
to apply the credit to your account.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,
Customer Support
Not at all what I expected. Good for me, but would rather they changed the rebate requirements...
Old 09-23-04, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Talk about the ostrich approach - they seem to think that making you happy will make the problem go away. I guess they like the taste of sand.
Old 09-23-04, 10:29 PM
Banned

Now they are obligated to give everyone who reads this forum a refund.

Talk about opening a can of worms...

jbtech- Which email address did you get a response from?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.