Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

free dvds in Poptarts

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

free dvds in Poptarts

Old 07-25-04, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
free dvds in Poptarts

there are some 12-pack boxes marked with Scooby-Do that say free dvd-rom inside.....but I think some of the content will play in a regular dvd player. I just looked at disk #3 (of 6) for a few minutes and saw Cartoon Network episodes of Johnny Bravo and Courage the Cowardly Dog. There's also some Haunted House mystery game, and programs to load on a pc. I don't see any mention of these disks on poptarts.com...
Old 07-25-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
thanks!
Old 07-26-04, 08:17 AM

.....I put this in the dvd player and it played the cartoons just fine, but from the menu, most of the content is only available on a pc with dvd-rom drive. Disk 3 has 3 full length cartoons (I didn't watch Johnny Bravo, but I'm guessing it's full length), and 5 music videos including Go Monkey, Go (cool) and I Like to Fight (the Powerpuff Girls theme, extremely cool). There's also a "blooper" reel with Porky Pig getting direction on saying, "Th-Th-Th-That's All, Folks."
So the regular content is over 60 minutes, maybe closer to 80 minutes, plus there's all the computer stuff I haven't tried.
One of the commercials (yes, there are 3 commercials you can view if you want) says that these disks are also available on select Keebler products........the box says something about "crack the case" and it has Scooby-Doo and the Cartoon Network logo.
The box I bought was Frosted Cherry Pop-tarts from a Super Walmart in Royal Palm Beach, FL..........wow, more info than you bargained for.......
Old 07-26-04, 10:33 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
thanks for the heads-up!
Old 07-26-04, 11:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can order all the discs at once (but Keebler says there's only five).

http://www.scooby.keebler.com

Then click the link for Keebler Order Form. You can print up the form (enlarge it by clicking the pop-up icon in the lower right-hand corner). The form says you need UPC's from SPECIALLY-MARKED BOXES, so old ones might not do.

EDIT: As noted in later posts, the link no longer includes the printable order form, and since you need the official form, the following information may be moot, but for the curious, here it is.

Send:
<BODY>

• This completed official order form.
  • Four (4) UPC symbols from specially marked Austin Crackers, Keebler EL Fudge Cookies, Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats Squares, Keebler Fudge Shop Fudge Stripes Cookies 12 Oz. Caddy, Keebler Cracker Sandwiches 11.4 Oz. Tray, Kellogg's Cereal and Milk Bars, Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Bars, Keebler Grahams, Keebler Animal Cookies, Keebler Vanilla Wafers, Keebler Munch’Ems Crackers, and Keebler Fudge Shop Cookies.
  • $1.99 (for shipping and handling) check or money order for DVD's. Make payable to Keebler DVD-ROM Set Offer.

• Offer expires 3/31/05 or when supplies are exhausted
  • Limit one order (set of 5) per envelope.
  • Mail to: Kellogg's Toon Mysteries DVD-ROM Offer, P.O. Box 5224, Kalamazoo MI 49003-5224.
  • Allow 60 days for delivery.
  • To check your order status, go to keebler.com/orders.

</BODY>

Last edited by digidoh; 08-07-04 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-26-04, 12:41 PM

Do any of you have a list of what is on each Disk?
Old 07-26-04, 07:44 PM

that's exactly what the children of this nation need! First, they need to eat four boxes of crappy nutrition, then they send the UPCs to get DVDs so they can sit on their rumps in front of the TV to watch cartoons on DVD. Adults know the mess thay are getting themselves into so I don't feel sorry for those sedentary, overeating , NIDDM sufferers. Just my $0.02, and then some!
Old 07-26-04, 09:33 PM
Premium Member

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally posted by trunks_cscs
that's exactly what the children of this nation need! First, they need to eat four boxes of crappy nutrition, then they send the UPCs to get DVDs so they can sit on their rumps in front of the TV to watch cartoons on DVD. Adults know the mess thay are getting themselves into so I don't feel sorry for those sedentary, overeating , NIDDM sufferers. Just my $0.02, and then some!
Old 07-27-04, 04:55 AM

Who is buying these for their kids? I was the one planning on eating the crappy nutrition and sitting my rump in front of the TV to watch cartoons.

On a somewhat related note, I stopped by my local Wal-Mart but didn't see any specially marked packages yet but $1.99 is reasonable to send in for all 5 DVD-Roms but hopefully I can find them instore somewhere.

Originally posted by trunks_cscs
Old 08-02-04, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I found these yesterday on Kellogg's cereal boxes (Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, Smorez, Apple Jacks, and one other). It says there are 5 dvd's in all, I got disc 5 of 5 it has episodes of Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowerdly Dog, and Kids Next Door.
Old 08-02-04, 10:42 AM

didn't work

I put a Pop-Tart in my DVD player and it didn't work. Do I need a special DVD player to watch these cartoons?

Old 08-02-04, 11:02 AM

Re: didn't work

I put a Pop-Tart in my DVD player and it didn't work. Do I need a special DVD player to watch these cartoons?
I think you need a region-free toaster.
Old 08-04-04, 11:06 AM
Cool New Member

Try www.regionfreeapliances.com for a hack if your toaster doesn't work.
Old 08-04-04, 06:39 PM

Does anyone know how to tell, if even possible, which DVD-ROM is inside each box? It looks like there are 5 but obviously I only want one of each. Mailing away for all 5 may be the way to go...
Old 08-04-04, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

free dvds in Poptarts
Oh well that's ineteresting... I thought mine were just stale.
Old 08-05-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Just got disc #1 and am extremely pissed off that all the cartoons have the ****ing "Cartoon Network" logo onscreen during all of them!!! It obscures some important details in some parts too, like in the Dexter's Lab cartoon something gets dropped on him and it lands right where the logo is! I broke the disc into pieces and then gouged my eyes out with them.
Old 08-05-04, 08:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Did anyone copy the info for getting the 5 pack of DVD's. They seem to have taken it off their web site (or I can't seem to find it).
Old 08-05-04, 08:44 PM

I checked the web site, too, and couldn't find it.
Old 08-05-04, 10:14 PM

www.eetandern.com

I can't find any details on ordering all 5 though. I guess I will go buy a box of rice crispies treats and mail it in that way...
Old 08-07-04, 12:06 AM

Bought the box of Rice Krispy treats and got the official mail-in form. Poptarts are not one of the eligible upcs for the mail-in offer...