DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   $4.80 Rebate on Smallville Season 2 (all stores) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/364931-%244-80-rebate-smallville-season-2-all-stores.html)

Puzznic 05-18-04 03:49 PM

$4.80 Rebate on Smallville Season 2 (all stores)

If you look in the insert jacket when you open up your Smallville season 2 you will find an insert for a 4 month subscription to Teen People magazine. But if you read the small print on the bottom it tells you were to send the card to get a $4.80 rebate instead of the crappy subscription. You have to send in proof of purchase along with the card but luckily the set has the little cardboard tab proofs next to disc 6 so its no big deal. It also says you have to send it in within 4 weeks of buying the set, although they don't ask for the receipt so i don't see how they would know when you bought it. Not a huge rebate by any means but i think its worth the time and its an easy thing to overlook with the small print and everything

Prancetron2000 05-18-04 06:27 PM

Cool, thanks.

Eric F 05-18-04 08:18 PM

When does the rebate expire?

Liquid Death 05-22-04 09:49 PM

Thanks - hope the POP tabs work!

S-D-Z-C 05-23-04 03:09 PM

Thanks...

T-rex 05-30-04 11:24 PM

Bump for those who just got the set. I was about to post this info myself, but I guess I'm not the only one who happened to catch the fine print on the People insert! Thanks, Puzznic!

Eric F 05-30-04 11:46 PM

Once again- is there an expiration date on the form?

Erik68 05-31-04 06:45 AM

Not that I remember seeing.

T-rex 05-31-04 03:18 PM

No expiration date. Just says that you have to send it in within 4 weeks of purchase, but as mentioned in the first post, there is no requirement to send in your receipt, just the "original proof of purchase."

kyle 05-31-04 06:57 PM

Can anyone confirm this is included in the box sets from Candian etailers as well?

Thanks

SuprVgeta 06-01-04 10:48 PM

Sorry for my ignorance, but there are 4 tabs of proof of purchase behind disc 6, labled (#####A, #####B, #####C, ######D). Do you only have to include one, or all four of them when mailing this back? Thanks.

raytrade 06-02-04 03:29 AM

I wonder if there is a chance they consider "original proof of purchase" a receipt rather than the POP tab, as usually they specify when they want a barcode or tab. Doesn't the wording strike you as a bit vague? Has anyone actually gotten this rebate?

Kamikaze 06-03-04 10:16 PM

Originally posted by SuprVgeta
Sorry for my ignorance, but there are 4 tabs of proof of purchase behind disc 6, labled (#####A, #####B, #####C, ######D). Do you only have to include one, or all four of them when mailing this back? Thanks.
If they are accepting the PoP tabs, you would only need to send one. I have the same doubt as raytrade. I suspect they want the receipt, not the PoP tab. Hopefully, someone who's already sent in for this will let us know.

bigulua 07-06-04 05:17 PM

I just received my $4.80 rebate check today (7/6/04). I sent in the card and the first proof of purchase tab to the address stated in the fine print. Pretty fast for a rebate. With the rebate and Amazon's STL my set cost me $32.99. Not bad.

Erik68 07-06-04 08:29 PM

I sent the same, no rebate yet though, still early however,

raytrade 07-07-04 02:53 AM

awesome... I have been waiting to hear if it is the receipt or the POP tab that they want. Now I can send it in!

MasterofDVD 07-07-04 07:40 PM

I got my rebate in yesterday and I sent it out about a week after the DVD was released.

37 In A Row 07-08-04 05:33 PM

My set from Costco did not have the offer :(

ClarkKentKY 07-28-04 12:01 PM

I just got my rebate form back in the mail. There was a letter telling me that i didn't include the UPC or the POP. .... ?????? The original rebate form didn't even ask for the UPC! ... And they returned my Proof of Purchase to me by taping it to a sheet of paper and stapling it to my rebate form.

So just to recap:
-I didn't send them something they didn't ask for.
-They sent me back the thing they did ask for. And told me I forgot to send it.

:hscratch: Idiots.

flix1 07-28-04 02:21 PM

I just sent mine in, so let's see what happens.

Kamikaze 09-07-04 11:59 PM

My rebate got rejected too. I sent the Proof of Purchase tab from the box, but the letter says they want a Cash Register Receipt as Proof of Purchase.

flix1 09-08-04 01:50 AM

Originally posted by Kamikaze
My rebate got rejected too. I sent the Proof of Purchase tab from the box, but the letter says they want a Cash Register Receipt as Proof of Purchase.
About 2 weeks ago, I also received mine back, asking for Proof of Purchase (in the form of a Cash Register Receipt).

I sent it BACK with a copy of my Amazon.com Packing Slip/Receipt about 1 week ago.

ClarkKentKY 09-08-04 02:05 AM

I had the receipt with mine just to be thorough, and they sent it back anyway. I didn't bother sending it all back again, 4.80 isn't worth me hacking the UPC that they asked for off the box. Besides, they've been sending so many back and asking for different things i'm convinced if i sent every possible thing to them i'd get a note back that just says "NO"

dbburns 09-08-04 01:18 PM

This pissed me off, too. They wanted my cash register receipt. I sent a somewhat nasty note back with the form, the proof-of-purchase tab, and my DDD packing slip (the closest thing to a receipt I have) indicating that if they wanted a copy of the receipt, they should have stated as much on the postcard. My guess is that they got far more requests for the rebate than they did for the free isssues of the magazine and don't want to pay out. After all, how many normal people hold onto a receipt for months on end. They're figuring people won't be able to produce a receipt, and then they won't have to send them the rebate.

S-D-Z-C 09-08-04 08:00 PM

They don't want to pay...

If they wanted a copy of the receipt, they should have specifically asked for it.