DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Best Price for Monster Legacy set? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/361633-best-price-monster-legacy-set.html)

Pega29 04-30-04 10:19 PM

Best Price for Monster Legacy set?

I am looking for the best price for the Monster Legacy set that just came out.

Thanks.

coladar 04-30-04 10:23 PM

Unless someone came up with a better deal: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...monster+legacy

Amazon: 50.39 (And they aren't low on supply. I ordered mine on Monday night, received it on Wednesday using standard shipping.)

So DV2 or Amazon are your best bets.

Al Padrino 04-30-04 11:16 PM

I'm probably going to end up trying to find it around here before I order. With all the complaints about the poor packing of the discs, my luck isn't good enough to risk sending away for these.

Lecithin 05-01-04 02:18 PM

Amazon delays Monster Legacy set

If Amazon isn't low on stock, then why is the one I ordered last week not going to ship until May 10th?

freudian-slip 05-01-04 09:46 PM

I purchased the set at Best Buy (brick and mortar) for $59.99 and sold the exclusive busts on eBay for $45. I'm happy with that price, and it could help reduce some other DVDTalkers price as well.

Good luck! It's a great set. Let's hope for Mummy, Creature and others to follow.

Lecithin 05-02-04 01:19 PM

Cool! Similarly, I just sold my DVDs I got from Thailand for $30 of the Star Star Wars trilogy on Ebay for $55 in preparation of the real ones coming out this fall. That should pay for them completely.

jough 05-02-04 03:09 PM

Re: Amazon delays Monster Legacy set

Originally posted by Lecithin
If Amazon isn't low on stock, then why is the one I ordered last week not going to ship until May 10th?
Sounds like you chose the "free shipping" option, which is notoriously slow.

However, I've found that 9 times out of 10, the order will ship much earlier than they say it will.

Lecithin 05-03-04 10:16 AM

I don't think so, if they wanted to save money, they usually send the order in as few shipments as possible, but I placed the order on Apr 29, 2004 for the Monster Legacy Set and the Pink Panther set, but the Pink Panther set shipped out to day according to the tracking number, yet the Monster Legacy set still says: "items not yet shipped: Delivery estimate: May 21, 2004"! I'm sure if it was in stock they would have sent them both out at the same time

mezman 05-03-04 06:15 PM

Costco had all three each priced at $18.29 for a total of $54.87

ddschneider1972 09-28-04 09:23 PM

Universal Monsters 1 & 2 deals?

Okay guys, long time lurker first time poster...be gentle

I've been wanting the Universal Monster Legacy sets (it IS that time of year) I was hoping to get the boxed set with the busts, but can't find them anywhere online or in B&M stores...but it's not a huge deal if I don't get them.

I happened to check out TRU today and saw the Drac, Franky and Wolfy..$22.99 each and DVD's were buy 2 get one free. So I could get the 1st 3 for about $46 and tax...not the gift set but sounds like a good deal.

I'm wondering....

1.) Can the box set with busts still be found anywhere besides ebay, at a reasonable price, if not what are these 'going for'?

2.) Are the 2nd series sets (Inv. Man, Mummy, Creature, definitely NOT coming in a gift set?

3.)Is the Buy 2 get 1 free deal at TRU a good deal (it seems I can't find them under $20 individually) or in a few weeks when the second series is released will there be deals on these original 3 also?...anyone know?

thanks in advance...

-D

Brent L 09-28-04 09:32 PM

1) The gift set is now out of print. You may still be able to find it in a store, perhaps at a FYE or something, but that's about it.

2) As far as I know they will not be in a gift set.

3) I have no idea.

thejester 09-28-04 09:38 PM

Since the 1st set is OOP, your selection choices are very limited. But, I've seen the 1st set @ local BBs for $80-$100 - some have none, others have several.

Leedguitar 09-29-04 07:29 AM

Actually, the gift sets shouldn't be able to be found anywhere. Back in August, Universal asked for all of the ones that were left to be shipped back. This was confirmed by a few local shops, Best Buy, Sam Goody, Media Play, and Circuit City. All said that they had to ship any remaining back (as did comic shops and mom and pops like I said.)

stinkeye 09-29-04 08:44 AM

The box set is available in the Amazon Marketplace starting at about $80, otherwise you can probably find them individually at your local WalMart/Target for about $20 each, esp closer to Halloween.

unclehulot 09-29-04 11:50 AM

Originally posted by Leedguitar
Actually, the gift sets shouldn't be able to be found anywhere. Back in August, Universal asked for all of the ones that were left to be shipped back. This was confirmed by a few local shops, Best Buy, Sam Goody, Media Play, and Circuit City. All said that they had to ship any remaining back (as did comic shops and mom and pops like I said.)
Saw 2 copies sitting in the Best Buy near the Galleria in Houston the other day.

sumdeus 09-29-04 12:42 PM

Re: Universal Monsters 1 & 2 deals?

Originally posted by ddschneider1972
Okay guys, long time lurker first time poster...be gentle

I've been wanting the Universal Monster Legacy sets (it IS that time of year) I was hoping to get the boxed set with the busts, but can't find them anywhere online or in B&M stores...but it's not a huge deal if I don't get them.

I happened to check out TRU today and saw the Drac, Franky and Wolfy..$22.99 each and DVD's were buy 2 get one free. So I could get the 1st 3 for about $46 and tax...not the gift set but sounds like a good deal.

I'm wondering....

1.) Can the box set with busts still be found anywhere besides ebay, at a reasonable price, if not what are these 'going for'?

2.) Are the 2nd series sets (Inv. Man, Mummy, Creature, definitely NOT coming in a gift set?

3.)Is the Buy 2 get 1 free deal at TRU a good deal (it seems I can't find them under $20 individually) or in a few weeks when the second series is released will there be deals on these original 3 also?...anyone know?

thanks in advance...

-D

$46 for all three DVDs seems to be worth it since you would be paying so much more just for the busts.

cverneau 09-29-04 01:16 PM

There are two Monster Legacy gift sets (with the busts) at the BJ's Club located in Waterbury, CT.
They've had these two sitting there for weeks. I did lightly shake the box this past Saturday and I could tell that there are some floaters.

ddschneider1972 09-29-04 05:33 PM

Thanks all, I hit TRU at lunch and picked the 3 sets up for $49 after tax...now to find time to watch 14 more movies...

Mountain Biker 09-29-04 05:44 PM

Originally posted by Leedguitar
Back in August, Universal asked for all of the ones that were left to be shipped back.

Why?

Snarff 09-29-04 11:13 PM

http://www.digitaleyes.net/Details.c...&affiliate=DPS

says in stock, ships in 24 hours

asianxcore 09-29-04 11:33 PM

I think I saw a copy of this set at Borders tonight. The price was 75.99 I believe, but you might want to call first. With the 20% off coupon they have this week, it's not too bad of a deal if you want it right away

Leedguitar 09-30-04 01:28 PM

Originally posted by Mountain Biker
Why?
No one really knew, probably just to keep it "limited".

chemosh6969 10-01-04 03:04 PM

http://www.horrormovies.com/product_...roducts_id/864

$61.48

g 10-01-04 07:26 PM

postage is like 13 dollars on this at horrormovies.com pretty steep

gameover2k2 10-02-04 04:26 PM

Anyone know if Blockbuster carrry this set, maybe as a special order or something? thanx