DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Free DVD: TiVo, TV Your Way (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/320165-free-dvd-tivo-tv-your-way.html)

Chad 09-26-03 12:30 AM

Free DVD: TiVo, TV Your Way

We've captured some of our subscribers' passion in a brand-new DVD called "TiVo, TV your wayTM" and we’re kicking off its release with a special offer to save $50 on any Series2 DVR between now and December 31st. That means TiVo for as low as $199! This DVD will give your friends and family an entertaining introduction to TiVo and some of its original service features. And by meeting real TiVo subscribers, they'll hear first-hand how TiVo changes lives.

www.tivo.com/orderdvd

abintra 09-26-03 04:42 AM

Thank you kindly.

rfduncan 09-26-03 07:38 AM

I wonder if this can be combined with the DirecTiVo $99 deal. Hmmmm ;)

Kromax 09-26-03 07:39 AM

IMHO, this DVD should be given away everywhere. Maybe not to the level of the AOL discs, but it sure would help spread the word on TiVo.

marty888 09-26-03 08:00 AM

Thanks!

mediabear 09-26-03 08:40 AM

Thanks! :)

Spanky BananaPants 09-26-03 09:38 AM

Thanks!

wordtoyamotha 09-26-03 10:33 AM

I apologize for this rant but this is exactly what Tivo needs to do. I implore everyone who is not farmiliar with Tivo (or any PVR's) to take a look at this dvd. Why?? Because IMHO the biggest problem with Tivo is that people who have never used it do not understand why it's so nice to have. The commercials you've probably seen showing a person pausing live T.V. do not do it justice. I never understood what was so great about Tivo until I actually sat down and tried a friend's. Three years later and I wouldn't consider watching T.V. "the old way".

Booth 09-26-03 11:59 AM

Originally posted by wordtoyamotha
I apologize for this rant but this is exactly what Tivo needs to do. I implore everyone who is not farmiliar with Tivo (or any PVR's) to take a look at this dvd. Why?? Because IMHO the biggest problem with Tivo is that people who have never used it do not understand why it's so nice to have. The commercials you've probably seen showing a person pausing live T.V. do not do it justice. I never understood what was so great about Tivo until I actually sat down and tried a friend's. Three years later and I wouldn't consider watching T.V. "the old way".
I agree. If you aren't familiar with TiVo, get the DVD. I've had TiVo for only a year but I've got to say that it is a life-changing technology. It's hard to describe it to people without coming off as geek-ish and TiVo knows it. Kudos to them for coming up with this idea.

taronga 10-18-03 10:44 AM

I received it today. Rather nice DVD. Comes in a cardboard sleeve, though, for those hoping for a free DVD case. ;)

REL77 10-18-03 11:29 AM

I am in the market for TiVo and dont know much about it, so this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks OP

dvd-fanman 10-19-03 01:05 AM

Once you join the TiVolution you never go back. :) :) :) :)

mediabear 10-19-03 09:04 AM

I just requested another DVD. I never received the first one and it states that it should be received within ten days.

pcdoctor 10-19-03 09:33 AM

Thanks

yosISme 10-19-03 09:44 AM

I've had TiVo for about 3 years now, and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I watched live TV. Why would I when all my shows are lined up and waiting for me whenever I want them.

We were doing some work recently in our basement, and had to drop-cloth our entertainment center (including TiVo) because of dust. It was covered for several WEEKS. We have a TV upstairs in the bedroom - I turned it on a couple of times, flipped the channels around, and then just turned it back off. It seemed so 'dead'.

victant 10-19-03 02:06 PM

Thanks! You've got my interest piqued....

foggy 04-14-05 05:31 PM

I realize that this is an old thread, but this DVD is still available. I just sent for it.

runner001 04-14-05 05:56 PM

do you have to subscribe to any services to use TiVo or is it a stand alone thing where you can plug it in and start using it?

pilot 04-14-05 08:04 PM

gotta pay for the service runner001

theMadness 04-14-05 11:15 PM

Thanks, been looking to get a Tivo.