DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   New! Buy any 3 Disney DVDs Get 1 Free (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/240434-new-buy-any-3-disney-dvds-get-1-free.html)

eau 09-30-02 10:21 PM

New! Buy any 3 Disney DVDs Get 1 Free

Hot B3G1 deal from Disney by mail.

I saw a new Disney promotion display with a stack of mail-in certificates at K-Mart. Offer is NOT exclusive to K-Mart though. Good from 10/8/02 - 1/31/03. $1.99 S&H only.

BUY: Any 3 Disney DVDs or Videos And Get 1 FREE

MAIL:
1. This original, hand-printed, completed certificate (no photocopies allowed).
2. Proof-of-purchase tabs from three (3) Disney DVDs or Videos
3. Cash register receipt(s) from Disney DVD or Video purchases imprinted with store name and date between October 8, 2002, and January 31, 2003, with price(s) circled.
4. Indicate your selection of your free Disney DVD or Video below, and enclose a check or money order in the amount of $1.99 for S&H, payable to "Holiday Best Sellers". Please do not send cash.

RECEIVE: Your Free DVD or Video by mail

MAIL TO: Holiday Best Sellers Offer, PO Box 390581, El Paso, TX 88539-0581 (the infamous Gage Marketing)

SELECTION:
  • Hercules
  • Pocahontas
  • Alice In Wonderland
  • An Extremely Goofy Movie
  • Recess: School's Out
  • Tron
  • Disney's The Kid
  • Flubber
  • The Book of Pooh: Stores From The Heart
Those of you who managed to take advantage of the $10 DVD deal at Disney store are out of luck...

bmello 10-01-02 06:45 AM

Re: New! Buy any 3 Disney DVDs Get 1 Free

Thanks for the info! :beer:

Originally posted by eau
Those of you who managed to take advantage of the $10 DVD deal at Disney store are out of luck...
Damn! :grunt:

~~ PAL ~~ 10-01-02 10:40 AM

Are online purchases eligible for the offer, or does it have to be from K-mart or other B&M retailers?

PAL

diesteldorf 10-01-02 11:53 AM

What DVDs have you found that have the certificateenclosed? Or, where could I find one?

Thanks.

eau 10-01-02 12:18 PM

The certificates do not come with any DVD. They are on a cardboard display showcasing the promotion. It looks like my local K-Mart put the display out too early (since offer starts on 10/8). I imagine you can find the display in most places after 10/8, perhaps even at the Disney's website.

As I said in my post, the offer is NOT exclusive to K-Mart. You can buy your DVDs from anywhere as long as you can obtain a receipt imprinted with store name and date of purchase. From past experience, they accept receipts from online retailers (packing list or online order printout).

saboteur59 10-01-02 01:16 PM

Is "Rubber" supposed to be "Flubber"? Otherwise I will have to question Disney's segmentation of family viewing

:)

5th_Wheel 10-01-02 01:23 PM

Originally posted by saboteur59
Is "Rubber" supposed to be "Flubber"? Otherwise I will have to question Disney's segmentation of family viewing

:)

If Disney has produced a movie by that name it would have to be a wiener of a movie. -wink-

eau 10-01-02 03:53 PM

I fixed the typo :blush:

TheBang 10-03-02 08:32 PM

My Beauty and the Beast contained a certificate for this offer, as well as a $5 rebate for owners of previous (VHS) editions of BatB.

Decker 10-03-02 09:42 PM

Which TRON is it, the bare-bones, discontinued original or the 2 disc, 20th anniversary set?

eau 10-03-02 09:58 PM

Originally posted by Decker
Which TRON is it, the bare-bones, discontinued original or the 2 disc, 20th anniversary set?
Don't know. There is no picture of the DVD on the certificate.

x75 10-08-02 03:40 PM

Has anyone else found any of these? If so, what store? There are no where to be found in Atlanta.

FragU 10-08-02 03:47 PM

Not true, X75... I just came back from the Disney Store at the Gwinnett Mall (where I happened to rape 10 Disney DVDs on "DVD Madness Friday"...)

They had a stand-up display of B&TB today that had a pad glued to it...

leland 10-08-02 09:48 PM

For those of us who preordered BatB at the Disney Store, our receipt is dated prior to the 8th. Is it still eligible with the dated slip we received when we picked up the DVD? I'll check to see if there's a contact in the DVD to ask this question as well, TIA!

eau 10-08-02 11:07 PM

Ieland, the offer is fulfilled by Gage Marketing. I suggest you call Disney customer service to find out what they say first.

bmello 10-09-02 07:15 AM

Originally posted by x75
Has anyone else found any of these? If so, what store? There are no where to be found in Atlanta.
The certificate is enclosed inside B&TB. Also, the Northpoint Mall Disney store had a pad of them hanging by the DVD display.

Jazzbutcher 10-09-02 07:40 AM

I missed it by that much

Too bad "DVD Madness Friday" purchases don't count. I would love to pick up Flubber for shipping only.

Jazzy 10-09-02 09:55 AM

Originally posted by leland
For those of us who preordered BatB at the Disney Store, our receipt is dated prior to the 8th. Is it still eligible with the dated slip we received when we picked up the DVD? I'll check to see if there's a contact in the DVD to ask this question as well, TIA!

Yes, that's true but when you go pick up the DVD on or after 10-8, they'll give you another receipt which is dated within the range. I preordered 3 BatB just for this deal. They never said it has to be 3 different titles.

x75 10-09-02 11:52 AM

Originally posted by bmello
The certificate is enclosed inside B&TB. Also, the Northpoint Mall Disney store had a pad of them hanging by the DVD display.
Thanks! I am on my way!!

bmello 10-09-02 12:29 PM

Originally posted by Jazzy
Yes, that's true but when you go pick up the DVD on or after 10-8, they'll give you another receipt which is dated within the range.
I picked up B&TB yesterday at The Disney Store and they didn't give me another receipt. I had the original receipt and the small preorder form I gave them.

GatorDeb 10-09-02 01:45 PM

Well the three tins will get me one, and I guess the Fantasia Anthology and BatB and Snow White will get me another one :D

Do you all think Amazon.ca will ship by year's end?

Jim 10-09-02 02:33 PM

Originally posted by bmello
I picked up B&TB yesterday at The Disney Store and they didn't give me another receipt. I had the original receipt and the small preorder form I gave them.
I didn't get another receipt either when I picked mine up.

x75 10-11-02 08:19 AM

Here's a link to download the form from Disney's website.

D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB) 10-11-02 09:23 AM

i saw this too, but i don't want to cut into my cover just to get $10 off.

bga 10-11-02 09:27 AM

Mail order purchases don't count, and the store address must be in the same state as the shipping address.