Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

How often have Marvel Superheroes been mentioned on DC TV Shows and movies(and vice-a-versa)?

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

How often have Marvel Superheroes been mentioned on DC TV Shows and movies(and vice-a-versa)?

Old 05-27-19, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

I was watching Flash(tv) from last season(???) and Spider-Man 2 movie was mentioned.

How often has this happened in the DC or Marvel Universe tv shows or movies?
Old 05-27-19, 01:09 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts
Re: How often have Marvel Superheroes been mentioned on DC TV Shows and movies(and vice-a-versa)?

I should remember since I just watched a few episodes this week, but pretty sure Doom Patrol has made some Marvel-related jokes.

I imagine it happens fairly often overall, sometimes very subtly.
Old 05-27-19, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,150 Likes on 900 Posts
Re: How often have Marvel Superheroes been mentioned on DC TV Shows and movies(and vice-a-versa)?

The most obvious examples I can think of are from the Deadpool movies. I’m sure there are others too.
Old 05-28-19, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

In Spider-Man (2002), when Peter is trying to figure out how to make his webs shoot one of the things he yells is Shazam. And I think it's Spider-Man 2 there's not a mention but a reference to Superman, when he's running and pulls open his shirt to show the Spider-Man logo beneath the way Superman is known to do.
Old 05-28-19, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similarly, Aunt May tells Peter to relax and that he's not Superman
Old 05-28-19, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Teen Titans Go to the Movies as well. They call Deathstroke "Deadpool" repeatedly, for instance. Stan Lee shows up for a cameo.

Arrowverse, as you mentioned, does this a lot:
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04/06/arrowverse-tv-the-cw-easter-eggs-marvel-mcu/

I seem to remember something like in each universe, the other universe is referenced as being "fake" as in tv shows and comic books. Like in the Marvel Universe, DC characters will be pop culture references because they exist as comics and cartoons but aren't "real." I don't think that's an official stance or anything, though.

Last edited by fujishig; 05-28-19 at 09:22 AM.