DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Comic Book Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk-57/)
-   -   Milk and Cheese (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk/633844-milk-cheese.html)

Sonny 04-05-16 10:23 PM

Milk and Cheese

I just inherited a set of comics called Milk and Cheese. Never heard of them. They're sealed in plastic and I don't want to open them unless they might be something I will enjoy. Can anyone tell me anything about them?

Trevor 04-05-16 10:45 PM

Re: Milk and Cheese

<s>They are hilarious, some of the funniest comics I've ever read. You can probably Google some sample pages, lots of short and even one page gags. Evan Dorkin has done lots of other comic work so you might be familiar with him.</S>
They're horrible, you'll hate them. Send them to me.

Sonny 04-05-16 10:56 PM

Trevor, are they difficult to find?

Why So Blu? 04-06-16 01:34 AM

They're cute as hell!

Trevor 04-06-16 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sonny (Post 12769906)
Trevor, are they difficult to find?

I don't think so, although they went thru many printings, like up to six or so on some issues, so first printings of at least the first issue are priced high. But most can be found in dollar bins or for cover price or less.

Really funny stuff, although the humor may be a love it or hate it type.

story 04-06-16 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 12769892)
<s>They are hilarious, some of the funniest comics I've ever read. You can probably Google some sample pages, lots of short and even one page gags. Evan Dorkin has done lots of other comic work so you might be familiar with him.</S>
They're horrible, you'll hate them. Send them to me.

:lol:

I haven't read mine since college. I should dig 'em up and see what I think about them now.

PhantomStranger 04-06-16 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sonny (Post 12769871)
I just inherited a set of comics called Milk and Cheese. Never heard of them. They're sealed in plastic and I don't want to open them unless they might be something I will enjoy. Can anyone tell me anything about them?

They were independent comics made with a distinct sense of humor. Some enjoyed it, others didn't.

Googling some stray pages or issues would probably give you a good idea of what to expect.

Trevor 04-06-16 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by story (Post 12770234)
:lol:

I haven't read mine since college. I should dig 'em up and see what I think about them now.

I've been putting off re-reading them way too long as well. Somebody remind me in November and I'll add them my humor challenge reading.

Sonny 04-07-16 11:14 PM

Thanks everyone. I think I'll enjoy them.

Trevor 11-02-18 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny (Post 12771868)
Thanks everyone. I think I'll enjoy them.

So how’d it go?

I’m digging my collection out for this month’s Comedy Comic Challenge.

Sid Ceaser 11-07-18 12:02 PM

Gin makes a man mean!!!

Booze up and riot!!!!

Love M&C.

Crocker Jarmen 11-10-18 01:02 PM

Merv Griffin!