DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Comic Book Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk-57/)
-   -   Amazing Spider-Man #1 (Vol. 3) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk/616927-amazing-spider-man-1-vol-3-a.html)

The Valeyard 01-08-14 11:00 PM

Amazing Spider-Man #1 (Vol. 3)

It was only a matter of time... Pete's back!

Comic Book Movie has posted a leaked image from Marvel Comics' "All-New Marvel NOW! Previews" March-April issue that puts out an intriguing tease for longtime Spider-Fans: "Amazing Spider-Man" is set to return to the stands with a new #1 issue by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos later in 2014.

The most noticeable aspect of Ramos' image are Spidey's threads: clearly the pre-"Superior Spider-Man" version of the costume. Even more intriguing is that Spider-Man is clearly unmasked and smiling in a decidedly un-Otto Octavius way. Is it possible that Peter Parker is up for a return?

Even if the Spider-Man on the cover is Peter Parker, there's no guarantee that the series takes place concurrently with "Superior Spider-Man." (Nor, in fact, any indication that "Superior Spider-Man" is on the way out.) There's every possibility that Slott and Ramos could be detailing the previous adventures of Peter Parker -- the "lost episodes" of the previous "Amazing Spider-Man" volume, so to speak. Many options exist, and it's likely more about the series will be revealed in the coming days.

This isn't the first time Marvel has had a leak relating to "Amazing Spider-Man." The reveal of Doctor Octopus taking over Peter Parker's brain was leaked days before its debut, while the finale of "Amazing Spider-Man" #700 was spoiled over a week before publication. That said, the current leaked image only indicates that a new volume of "Amazing Spider-Man" is on the way -- nothing more.

CBR has reached out to Marvel representatives for comment, but did not hear back by time of press.
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6d5ea522.jpg

Supermallet 01-08-14 11:04 PM

Re: Amazing Spider-Man #1 (Vol. 3)

I keep forgetting that Dr. Octopus is currently Spider-Man until I read articles like this. How the hell that idea made it through is beyond me.

Trevor 01-09-14 06:21 AM

I didn't know he was gone. I have up shortly after the return of the red costume.

stingermck 01-09-14 07:02 AM

The Doc Oc series is good. A lot better than I thought it would be. But of course Peter is back in time for the movie, just like Cap was for his.

Spiderbite 01-09-14 08:25 AM

I hope that is not going to be the new cover because, jeez, that is awful.

majorjoe23 01-09-14 10:26 AM

Yeah, I saw someone say "It's clearly Peter back in charge, because he's happy." But he looks kind of insane.

Adam Tyner 01-09-14 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Supermallet (Post 11971344)
I keep forgetting that Dr. Octopus is currently Spider-Man until I read articles like this. How the hell that idea made it through is beyond me.

It's made for some pretty great comics, believe it or not. Like pretty much everyone, I figured the mindswap would be reversed before the movie, but I've enjoyed it while it lasted. It'll also be interesting to see how Peter reacts to discovering how profoundly his life has changed while he's been "away"...lotsa burned bridges with the mask and without.

I wonder if being Peter's body currently being repossessed by Venom has anything to do with the reversion? Like, Peter's consciousness when he was joined with the symbiote can transfer, maybe meaning he's losing years of memories?

The Valeyard 01-14-14 09:48 PM

Solict is up:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1
Dan Slott (W) • Humberto Ramos (A/C)
Variant Cover by Marcos Martin
Variant cover by Ed McGuinness
Variant cover by Pop Mhan
Variant cover by JEROME OPEņA
75TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
75TH ANNIVERSARY SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
Young variant cover by Skottie Young
Blank Cover variant ALSO AVAILABLE

The Greatest Super Hero of All Time RETURNS!

The world may have changed since Spidey’s been gone, but so has Peter Parker. This is a man with a second chance at life, and he’s not wasting a moment of it. Same Parker Luck, new Parker attitude. Putting the “friendly” back in the neighborhood, the “hero” back into “super hero,” and the “amazing” back into “Spider-Man!” Also returning: The recharged and reenergized ELECTRO!

64 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99
Gee. Electro is back. I'm surprised. -wink-

Timber 01-15-14 11:07 AM

Ramos had such potential back in the DV8 days. Looks like he's regressed.

stingermck 01-15-14 11:17 AM

The Parker luck? Like being discussed the DC vs Marvel movie thread: Great powers, super smart, bangs hot chicks. Right....

taffer 01-15-14 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck (Post 11978226)
The Parker luck? Like being discussed the DC vs Marvel movie thread: Great powers, super smart, bangs hot chicks. Right....

I wonder who gets laid more, poor puny Peter Parker or billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne? Its gotta be pretty close...

http://i40.tinypic.com/1zg4yhf.jpg

The Valeyard 01-29-14 12:03 PM

FYI if anyone is interested - Spider-Ock's final story arc starts today. Superior Spider-Man #26 is the prelude to "Goblin Nation."

big e 01-29-14 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite (Post 11971562)
I hope that is not going to be the new cover because, jeez, that is awful.

God I wish Marvel would get someone else to do the art on these books. The art looks like it belongs in a children's book.

Groucho 01-29-14 12:48 PM

That's the cover for the "All-New Marvel NOW! Previews" issue, not the actual comic.

The Valeyard 01-29-14 01:11 PM

Yeah, but the artist on Amazing Spider-Man is still Humberto Ramos. He's pretty terrible and steadily getting worse.

madcougar 01-29-14 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard (Post 11993723)
Yeah, but the artist on Amazing Spider-Man is still Humberto Ramos. He's pretty terrible and steadily getting worse.

I'm actually a fan... but that right foot looks Liefeldesque.

The Valeyard 01-29-14 04:40 PM

His art does not make me happy.

Xiroteus 02-01-14 07:09 AM

There was a time (about fifteen years ago) I was not a fan of Humberto Ramos work in any way. Same with JRJR. Then I came to enjoy both their styles and like seeing them on any given title.

The Valeyard 03-28-14 04:53 PM

Just an FYI if anyone is interested:

Spoiler:
Peter Parker returned to his own body at the end of Superior Spider-Man #30 this week.

The final issue is Superior Spider-Man #31 with Amazing Spider-Man #1 following a couple of weeks later.

big e 03-28-14 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard (Post 12060607)
Just an FYI if anyone is interested:

Spoiler:
Peter Parker returned to his own body at the end of Superior Spider-Man #30 this week.

The final issue is Superior Spider-Man #31 with Amazing Spider-Man #1 following a couple of weeks later.

So
Spoiler:
what happened to Doc Ock?

I probably won't get around to picking the issue up until next Wednesday.

PhantomStranger 03-28-14 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by madcougar (Post 11993867)
I'm actually a fan... but that right foot looks Liefeldesque.

The cover art above looks terrible. It looks like something he whipped up at a con in an hour.

The Valeyard 03-29-14 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by big e (Post 12060860)
So
Spoiler:
what happened to Doc Ock?

I probably won't get around to picking the issue up until next Wednesday.

Spoiler:
Ock purposely erased himself from Peter's body because Peter is the true "Superior" Spider-Man. Looks like Ock is gone gone for now.

big e 03-29-14 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard (Post 12061489)
Spoiler:
Ock purposely erased himself from Peter's body because Peter is the true "Superior" Spider-Man. Looks like Ock is gone gone for now.

Spoiler:
Well, we'll see about that. Get ready for the Doc Ock clone saga. :rolleyes: Seriously though, you know Marvel's going to do something stupid in a couple years to bring him back. This isn't the first time he's been "dead".

The Valeyard 03-30-14 01:06 AM

Exactly.

Supermallet 04-01-14 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by big e (Post 12061614)
Spoiler:
Well, we'll see about that. Get ready for the Doc Ock clone saga. :rolleyes: Seriously though, you know Marvel's going to do something stupid in a couple years to bring him back. This isn't the first time he's been "dead".

Spoiler:
The same is true for almost every character in the Marvel and DC universes. I was so pissed off when Ultimate X-Men brought Beast back, because Marvel claimed that in the Ultimate universe, dead characters would stay dead.