DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Comic Book Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk-57/)
-   -   What's the last comic (single issue) you read? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk/612409-whats-last-comic-single-issue-you-read.html)

asianxcore 04-13-19 12:05 AM

Re: What's the last comic (single issue) you read?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Annual 2016)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Annual 2017)

sven 04-13-19 07:33 PM

X-Force #6 - Brisson is focusing way too much on Cable while all the more interesting characters just feel like set dressing so far.

asianxcore 04-17-19 03:25 PM

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Annual 2018)

The Valeyard 04-18-19 11:05 AM

Hit-Girl Season Two #1
Hit-Girl Season Two #2
Hit-Girl Season Two #3

Trevor 06-25-19 09:48 AM

Man-Eaters issues 1-9

Probably my favorite 2019 book so far. A bit heavy-handed on the message is a common complaint, but I disagree, and they play around with that criticism. The premise is cool, and the storytelling methods are unique and fun.

Trevor 07-07-19 09:45 AM

Justice League of America #77

Trying to catch up in my one a day read thru of the Justice League, and happy to be entering a bit more modern era. The early issues are great fun, but a bit too goofy and samesy for binge reading. One thing I love about old comics are the surprises in the letters pages; this issue had letters from future writer Alan Brennert and father of comics fandom Jerry Bails!

PhantomStranger 07-08-19 01:18 AM

It's always a hoot seeing a future writer show up in the letters pages when they were young. It became so common I wondered if that was a condition of working in the business.:eek:

The Valeyard 07-09-19 12:30 AM

Adventures of the Super Sons #12. Final issue of the maxi-series. Tomasi's Superman run was just amazing. The best Superman had been in years. Both the Super Sons series and Adventures of the Super Sons continued that fun (tho I preferred the Super Sons series more than the maxi-series follow up). It's sad to see this series come to an end.

PhantomStranger 07-09-19 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard (Post 13575643)
Adventures of the Super Sons #12. Final issue of the maxi-series. Tomasi's Superman run was just amazing. The best Superman had been in years. Both the Super Sons series and Adventures of the Super Sons continued that fun (tho I preferred the Super Sons series more than the maxi-series follow up). It's sad to see this series come to an end.

We didn't get enough Jon at that age. I wouldn't have minded the forced change in age if we'd gotten several years of Jon as a pre-teen, but they establish him and then boom, he's now an older teenager.

urrutiap 07-11-19 07:01 PM

Recent actual single issues of comic books that i have read this month

Marvel Legacy
Hunt for Wolverine

Bronkster 07-12-19 12:43 PM

Last night I read Action Comics 449 from 1975. Significant to me because I missed that issue due to being in Air Force basic training. :)

Trevor 09-02-19 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally gave Grass Kings a try. Love everything of Matt Kindt I try, and this looks to follow that trend. Need to read more, but the first issue as me wanting to check out more.

Kind of a rural mystery crime fiction thing.

shadowhawk2020 09-08-19 08:08 AM

Just went back and reread Age of Apocalypse. Thought it held up pretty well.

PhantomStranger 09-13-19 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by shadowhawk2020 (Post 13604780)
Just went back and reread Age of Apocalypse. Thought it held up pretty well.

I really should give that a second read.

Trevor 02-17-20 06:51 PM

Discovered a title that might be unknown to everyone here, Itty Bitty Bunnies in Rainbow Pixie Candyland. Cartoony art, absurd mature humor, and hilarious, at least in the mood I was when I read it.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...dba0b8a3c.jpeg

asianxcore 02-23-20 10:41 PM

Paper Girls #29
Paper Girls #30
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #39
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #40
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #41

Trevor 02-24-20 06:43 AM

I put Paper Girls in my queue to binge this month but might not get to it.

PhantomStranger 02-24-20 03:26 PM

Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #7 - From the 1990s, this story written by James Robinson fits into that year's annuals' theme of "pulp" heroes.

Trevor 02-24-20 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13692600)
Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #7 - From the 1990s, this story written by James Robinson fits into that year's annuals' theme of "pulp" heroes.

Was that the ‘event’ that featured The Question too?

PhantomStranger 02-25-20 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 13692609)
Was that the ‘event’ that featured The Question too?

It's a weird event where DC's superheroes were written as hard-boiled crime noir protagonists. I think the Question was in it. Themed annuals were pretty fun in the beginning before they ran out of good ideas.