DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Comic Book Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk-57/)
-   -   Now that Comixology Ap has changed how do you order DC Comics for your kindle? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk/603061-now-comixology-ap-has-changed-how-do-you-order-dc-comics-your-kindle.html)

Kube 07-08-12 06:17 PM

Now that Comixology Ap has changed how do you order DC Comics for your kindle?

As you know, DC changed their deal with Comixology and you can no longer down DC comics from their ap to your kindle.

So, if I want to read a DC comic, what is the easiest way to do it.

I don't think I go to the "kindle store" -- while I can buy some TPB from the kindle store...it seems limited.

From the Kindle...when I go to the Amazon website...I can buy hard copies but it doesn't seem to let me buy digital versions.

When I go the comic section on my kindle device...there's only a few selection.

The ap worked well when I was going some place with bad internet access. You can just hit buy and it would download it when it could.

Any suggestions on an easy way to get DC Comics on my kindle.

Thanks!

1998Nole 07-10-12 10:22 PM

Re: Now that Comixology Ap has changed how do you order DC Comics for your kindle?

I buy DC directly from the Comixology website. Then from my Kindle app I select "featured" then "purchases" locate the DC comics I bought at the website then download. It is a pain but you can still read DC on your Kindle this way.

Kube 07-13-12 09:59 PM

Re: Now that Comixology Ap has changed how do you order DC Comics for your kindle?

First of all....THANKS! for taking the time to write.

That was really nice of you. Wasn't getting anywhere.

So, I go to Featured and then to Purchase....but I don't see all the comics I now have from the website.

Once I complete my order on the website...is there an extra step I need to do. Like "archive" them or something. I only see the comics I got from my the Comixology App.

On the website...itself I see all the comics I purchased from the app...including a few I removed from the kindle decide.

What am I doing wrong?

I'll check again later...it's been about 30 minutes which I would think is sufficient time.

Thanks again for your nice help

Kube 07-14-12 01:35 PM

Just occurred to me...

when you do finally read it on your Kindle....is it through the app or are you reading in on their website on your kindle?

1998Nole 07-14-12 11:11 PM

I read exclusively through the kindle app. All my purchases show up there by the time I open the app. I will do a test tomorrow with a free dc to see how long it actually takes later today.

Update: I just bought Arrow on the site and it showed up instantly under my purchases in the Kindle App.

Kube 07-15-12 08:46 PM

That was so nice of you to check!

I'll try again....

and report back

Kube 07-15-12 08:56 PM

It worked.

I had to hit the "synch your purchases" from the website to read them.

Very cool. Much appreciated.

I wonder why DC would want us to do this extra step.

This is a great help.

Many thanks to both of you!!!

1998Nole 07-15-12 11:11 PM

Glad it worked. I don't know the exact deal with DC, I did find this...

http://goodereader.com/blog/e-book-n...e-kindle-fire/

Supermallet 07-23-12 08:50 PM

Was this changed specifically for the Kindle Fire? Because I can buy DC comics straight the Comixology app like normal on my iPad.

fujishig 07-24-12 11:04 AM

Yeah, this is only for the Kindle Fire, Comixology works fine on the iPad.

I assume it has to do with Amazon's deal with DC that got all the bookstores upset... probably a way to try to drive sales to the kindle releases, even though those releases are very different from what comixology offers.