Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

June/July/August General Comic Discussion (Summer Break/Convention Season edition)

Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

June/July/August General Comic Discussion (Summer Break/Convention Season edition)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-10, 06:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: June/July/August General Comic Discussion (Summer Break/Convention Season edition

Can someone explain to me how Frank Castle appears as a normal Punisher human being in the Shadowland series while he is Franken Castle in his title, both set in the same Marvel Universe, at the same time? Doesn't Marvel have any editors? Does the left hand don't know what the right hand is doing?
Old 09-05-10, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: June/July/August General Comic Discussion (Summer Break/Convention Season edition

There is the Punisher(2009) title that was retitled Franken-Castle and then there is Frank Castle:Punisher or some such nonsense. I do believe that they are separate continuities but I could be mistaken. They've ass-raped that character since Ennis left.
Old 09-05-10, 12:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by burnside986
There is the Punisher(2009) title that was retitled Franken-Castle and then there is Frank Castle:Punisher or some such nonsense. I do believe that they are separate continuities but I could be mistaken. They've ass-raped that character since Ennis left.
Nope, they are the same continuity. The Shadowlands series is happening in the same continuity/universe/Earth as the Frankencastle one. That's is why I'm surprised that regular Punisher appeared in Shadowlands.
Old 09-07-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Comics work on a sliding time scale. Just roll with it.