Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Puerto Rico Comic Con

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-10, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Puerto Rico Comic Con

Puerto Rico Comic Con (April 24 - 25, 2010

I went to this today (a friend invited me and was kind enough to pay for my ticket). Having never been to a convention in my life, I have no idea how it compares to its US counterpart. Still, it was a fun time waster. Especially seeing comics and toys from my youth (that I wish I never gave away ).

Any Puerto Rico-based forum members that went today or are going tomorrow?

Last edited by RocShemp; 04-24-10 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-24-10, 10:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Puerto Rico Comic Con

Some friends of mine went today and they said that although the stuff looked cool, it was way overpriced. I know the guy who's running the show (the son of Banco Popular's former CEO) and even with his connections, they couldn't get anyone from Marvel or DC to go to PR.

By the way, I didn't go for the fact that I moved to NC 2 years ago. If I was in PR I would have surely attended the event.
Old 04-24-10, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Yeah, my friend commented on the high prices while we were there. I guess it's good I didn't have any cash on hand.

Yeah, noticed there was only one guest of note; Michael Golden. Although his name sounded vaguely familiar, for the life of me, I couldn't remember why. Apparently he used to illustrate for Marvel. Saw him penciling a Captain America sketch. It was very good.
Old 04-26-10, 11:41 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Yeah, my friend commented on the high prices while we were there. I guess it's good I didn't have any cash on hand.

Yeah, noticed there was only one guest of note; Michael Golden. Although his name sounded vaguely familiar, for the life of me, I couldn't remember why. Apparently he used to illustrate for Marvel. Saw him penciling a Captain America sketch. It was very good.
Golden used to do a lot of stuff for Marvel. Most notably, in the late 70s he did the first dozen issues of the Micronauts, then in the mid-80s, he did a series called The 'Nam based on the Vietnam war. He also co-created Rogue of the X-Men. He's got a reputation for being slow, so he tends to do covers, specials, and the like rather than ongoing monthly series.