Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Scott Pilgrim Volume 6...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-10, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Scott Pilgrim Volume 6...

My guess is it will be at least a year after this last book before something like that happens.
Old 08-16-10, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know what happened with the release of the bundle featuring all 6 books? It was supposed to be released on August 13th, but it looks like these weren't even shipped out yet.
Old 08-16-10, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by Yavin
Does anyone know what happened with the release of the bundle featuring all 6 books? It was supposed to be released on August 13th, but it looks like these weren't even shipped out yet.
Amazon sez August 19th. If you're ordering from Amazon, it's actually cheaper to get all the books individually than to get 'em in a bundle. If I'm doing the math right, it's $41.30 individually and $46.98 together.
Old 08-16-10, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Amazon sez August 19th. If you're ordering from Amazon, it's actually cheaper to get all the books individually than to get 'em in a bundle. If I'm doing the math right, it's $41.30 individually and $46.98 together.
Ah, thanks! Amazon.ca still has it listed as August 13th, and Chapters.ca removed its listing of the bundle (but it too was listed as August 13th). For me, it would be cheaper to order the bundle since I'm not in the US.
Old 08-16-10, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also now available for the ipad via comixology. you have to download an app (similar to the comixology app or the marvel and dc branded ones made by comixology). the individual issues are 6.99 a piece.
Old 08-17-10, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I sort of wish this book was in color, mainly because I had the hardest time differentiating all the different characters in the books by the black/white line work and later on the tones. Then again, I blew through all 6 volumes in a few hours.
Old 08-17-10, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

There were a couple of characters I confused early on...Young Neil and Scott for sure, and I think I was confusing Lisa Miller with someone else too...but it'll be a lot clearer the next time you read through it.
Old 09-14-10, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Yavin
By the way:

radiomaru Scott Pilgrim v1-6 box set coming in Nov. New Paul Robertson art on the box, new poster folded inside (working on it now!)
Old 09-15-10, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
I sort of wish this book was in color
O'Malley said in an interview that he would definitely like to do the book colorized in a hardcover form but it is way way down the line as he has several new projects in development.
Old 09-30-10, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Originally Posted by JayDerek
yup! During some interview he said they may collect all them into a One-volume edition or maybe the first 3 into one, and the last three into one. Nothing is definite at this point. The upcoming movie will give this series more exposure, but I would imagine the EARLIEST a collected edition will be available will be when the film comes to home video (end of the year?)/

JasonF> You can get these for around $8 each at Amazon, and honestly that's SUCH a no-brainer deal for these books. Go for it!
So a little over a year ago I said I'd pick up SP based on the exuberant recommendations of boredsilly and a few others, but never got around to it (and wanted to wait for a collected volume anyway). But yesterday I see one of the volumes in my Amazon Gold Box for less than 4 bucks. Knowing the gold box discount is minimal, I decided to check the other ones, and every single volume is available from Amazon for ~4 bucks. The boxset is like 35.

So I couldn't resist, ordered with Prime, and am already through the first volume. Curse you guys! And I didn't see the movie...
Old 09-30-10, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Welcome aboard!! If you enjoyed the first volume...they'll keep getting better
Old 09-30-10, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
So a little over a year ago I said I'd pick up SP based on the exuberant recommendations of boredsilly and a few others, but never got around to it (and wanted to wait for a collected volume anyway). But yesterday I see one of the volumes in my Amazon Gold Box for less than 4 bucks. Knowing the gold box discount is minimal, I decided to check the other ones, and every single volume is available from Amazon for ~4 bucks. The boxset is like 35.

So I couldn't resist, ordered with Prime, and am already through the first volume. Curse you guys! And I didn't see the movie...
Yeah, we've been talking about that deal over in the Hot Deals forum
Old 10-03-10, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just recently finished reading all 6 volumes. Awesome, awesome stuff. Book 4 is my favorite, but 6 is not far behind. Cannot wait to pick up the movie on BD.
Old 11-09-10, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a look at the box art for "Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Box Set" (spoilered for size)

Spoiler:

I thought I read somewhere that those of us that already have the individual volumes can order the box set and poster individually, but I haven't heard anything else about that as of late.
Old 11-21-10, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The box/poster set for those who bought the books alone was put up for order yesterday for $15 at Onipress.com.

It's a bit more than I thought it would be but if I compare my total cost of the books during the crazy Amazon.com sale ($23.87) it still comes to a $6.49 savings. The prices were fluctuating pretty regularly for a couple days there but it still probably works out to a $5-10 difference. Not a huge difference but definitely worth having the books for cheap a month and a half before the box set was made available.

The price si actually $10 + $5 shipping and you get free shipping if you order a couple of t-shirts, so that makes it a better deal, though they have a pretty minimal selection.
Old 11-22-10, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ thanks for posting that Guru Askew!

I was hoping it was going to be announced soon...
Old 11-23-10, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

sold out already?
Old 11-23-10, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
sold out already?
supposedly just for the time being. Oni Press isn't a huge company...apparently they had like 400 orders and only one person in charge of sending these out -- they took it off the website for now, but hopefully it'll be back up soon.

My order managed to get in, hopefully it'll ship soon
Old 11-27-10, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They're taking orders again.

I just wish there was a way to track your order status. I have no idea if mine has shipped or what.
Old 11-29-10, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
They're taking orders again.

I just wish there was a way to track your order status. I have no idea if mine has shipped or what.
I got an email with the subject "Delivery Confirmation Number" as the subject, containing a USPS tracking number and ship date with mine. It looked so generic that I almost deleted it as spam until I saw at the very bottom that it was from Oni Press. I'm guessing you'll get one of these when your order's going out. Check your Spam folders too just in case.
Old 11-29-10, 12:12 PM

If you are looking for other stuff to add (though it won't get you above the $50 mark) I'd suggest getting the SP Odds and Ends issue (it's a "normal sized" comic though and won't fit in the box) it includes a bunch of short SP related pieces (Free Scott Pilgrim, and a Kim Pine spin-off) and is definitely worth the $5.

EDIT: Link
Old 12-01-10, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by CloudVader
I got an email with the subject "Delivery Confirmation Number" as the subject, containing a USPS tracking number and ship date with mine. It looked so generic that I almost deleted it as spam until I saw at the very bottom that it was from Oni Press. I'm guessing you'll get one of these when your order's going out. Check your Spam folders too just in case.

I got it too Sunday night but there doesn't seem to be any activity on the tracking number. USPS's tracking sucks compared to all the other carriers but I still think they've only printed the postage and I don't think they've actually shipped them yet.
Old 12-09-10, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got a USPS shipping notice yesterday that included a tracking number (which is normally useless for USPS) - so I'm sure I'll be getting this either this weekend or early next week. Yay!
Old 08-08-12, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone planning on picking up the color edition of volume one that was released today? The $25 list price is too high IMO, but Amazon has it for a little over $14. I Lost my original copies due to a flood last fall so I'll probably be picking one up either from Amazon or my LCBS.
Old 08-08-12, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I jumped on the color edition, should be here tomorrow. I've seen the scans of it online and it looks awesome. I also already pre-ordered the second volume on Amazon for about $14.22.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.