DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Comic Book Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk-57/)
-   -   Wired: 10 DC Comics Characters Deserving a Mass Makeover (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk/565022-wired-10-dc-comics-characters-deserving-mass-makeover.html)

Eric F 11-18-09 06:16 PM

Wired: 10 DC Comics Characters Deserving a Mass Makeover

Article

Good article. Some interesting choices.

dx23 11-18-09 09:31 PM

Re: Wired: 10 DC Comics Characters Deserving a Mass Makeover

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 9843453)
Article

Good article. Some interesting choices.

Sorry, but that is a mediocre list. How can you makeover Libra when he was actually revamped last year for Final Crisis and even the article mentions it? He went from being an obscure character to being a main villain. I think that is enough makeover.

Has the author read comics recently? The Question was another character recently revamped. Whether is to people's liking, that is another thing. I still think they need to bring Vic Sage back as the Question and portray him similarly as he was used in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon. The same goes form the Martian Manhunter.

I do agree that Lobo and Sawmp Thing need to be revamped. Actually, Swamp Thing just needs to be reintroduced to the DC Universe. As for Lobo, I think they should cut the comedy a little and make him a serious character for once.

fujishig 11-19-09 02:49 PM

Maybe I'm too much of a traditionalist, but they already tried making Dr. Fate hipper, and I absolutely hated it. And nobody should touch Gaiman's Death. I'm not sure what they're talking about about here being reimagined in the Absolute volume, wasn't that just reprints?

brayzie 11-20-09 01:38 AM

That was a really bad list.

1. Death
Pretty much Neil Gaiman's character, so should stay that way.

2. The Question, Libra, Dr. Fate
Yea, already revamped. New Question dunno why. Fate had a bad 90s makeover.

It's weird that this list maker obviously reads comics but came up with this list. Pretty much everyone at DC is getting makeovers every other month.

Starro the Star Fish is now a barbarian conqueror.
Robin is Batman. Batgirl is Spoiler...

dx23 11-20-09 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by brayzie (Post 9845870)

It's weird that this list maker obviously reads comics but came up with this list. Pretty much everyone at DC is getting makeovers every other month.

Which is the big problem with DC comics and to me it seems one of the main reasons why they are losing fans. They need to stop revamping characters and just give them good stories and attention. Why should I care for a character like Swamp Thing or the Martian Manhunter, if the writers and company don't care for them?

boredsilly 11-20-09 04:30 PM

All I'm saying is I would really love a kickass Aquaman book, with dude in his old school orange nad green getup. I love that look so much for some reason. I think I might get my wish after Blackest Night.

Eric F 11-21-09 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by boredsilly (Post 9847177)
All I'm saying is I would really love a kickass Aquaman book, with dude in his old school orange nad green getup. I love that look so much for some reason. I think I might get my wish after Blackest Night.

They did. When Peter David used to write for Aquaman in the 90's it was a great book.