DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Comic Book Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk-57/)
-   -   Favorite Batman Villain? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk/556103-favorite-batman-villain.html)

dadaluholla 06-03-09 10:03 AM

Favorite Batman Villain?

Ok, I'm on a villain kick lately...so let's talk Batman. Who's your favorite among this massive collection of criminal masterminds?

PS - I promise I'm not going to do this for every single comic book hero rogues gallery. Just a few of the big ones.
:)

ivelostr2 06-03-09 11:13 AM

Re: Favorite Batman Villain?

Im gonna go with what will probably be the majority here and vote for the Joker, because he is iconic and he has had some gigantic storylines that were great...I dont hink any of the Spiderman Villians are on par with what the Joker has been in the comic, TV, Film, and the cartoon, but a close second for me is the Scarecrow...I have always thought that insane villians are more formidable and interesting than evil geniuses...

If we were voting for Batman:TAS it would by far be Mr. Freeze. I have always thought that his first appearance on that show was one of the best half hours of TV I have ever seen...

Maxflier 06-03-09 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by ivelostr2 (Post 9483077)

If we were voting for Batman:TAS it would by far be Mr. Freeze. I have always thought that his first appearance on that show was one of the best half hours of TV I have ever seen...

Yep, Mr. Freeze gets my vote.

Worst for me is easily Clayface, most retarded villain ever.

dadaluholla 06-03-09 12:03 PM

I kinda figured the Joker will get the majority of votes here, but I'm curious to see who gives him a good challenge.

Bandit03 06-03-09 12:21 PM

Hate to go with the obvious, but I have to go with The Joker. He's the perfect villain, especially to Batman.

stingermck 06-03-09 12:52 PM

Without the obvious choices, im going with HUSH.

Travis McClain 06-03-09 03:46 PM

I was thisclose to voting "Other: Joel Schumacher." Instead, I cast a vote for Catwoman. There are many reasons for this; offhand...

I'm fascinated by the female psyche, and Catwoman has always been a standout in fiction for this reason. Is she selfish? Vengeful? Does she long for companionship? With Batman?

There have been various incarnations of the character, from petty jewel thief to man-hating prostitute, and each one has raised interesting questions. What would it take for a young woman from this background to go in that direction?

Plus, I always liked that Catwoman was never shown as just a terrorizing psycho; her actions have traditionally been pretty reasonable (if disproved of by society at large). I think she's one of the more fully developed members of the rogues gallery.

And if none of that's good enough, then how about this:

dadaluholla 06-03-09 03:53 PM

Which of these characters have not appeared in a Batman or other DC related cartoon?

Hush? KGBeast?

Travis McClain 06-04-09 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla (Post 9483860)
Which of these characters have not appeared in a Batman or other DC related cartoon?

Hush? KGBeast?

I don't recall Red Hood appearing, but then I skipped The Batman and have only seen two episodes of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Seems like I heard Black Mask appeared on the former.

fumanstan 06-04-09 03:14 PM

Bane! For some reason I was glad to see someone physically crush Batman. Gimmicky storyline sure, but I thought all of Knightfall was pretty well done.

madcougar 06-04-09 03:14 PM

Ra's al Ghul, the Demon's Head for me!

davidh777 06-05-09 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by minlshaw (Post 9483840)
and if none of that's good enough, then how about this:

ftw

JasonF 06-11-09 11:05 PM

I voted for the Riddler. I aways loved the Frank Gorshin portrayal on the old Batman TV show. Plus, there was a 3-part Riddler story from about 20 years ago called "Dark Knight, Dark City" that may be the best Batman story ever written (yes, better than DKR and the Killing Joke).

Travis McClain 06-12-09 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by JasonF (Post 9500744)
I voted for the Riddler. I aways loved the Frank Gorshin portrayal on the old Batman TV show. Plus, there was a 3-part Riddler story from about 20 years ago called "Dark Knight, Dark City" that may be the best Batman story ever written (yes, better than DKR and the Killing Joke).

Frank Gorshin's Riddler is easily my favorite live action portrayal of any of the Batman characters. I really believed the guy was just that crazy! You've piqued my curiosity about "Dark Knight, Dark City." In which back issues will I find that tale?

FantasticVSDoom 06-12-09 12:15 PM

Catwoman here...

JasonF 06-12-09 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw (Post 9501472)
Frank Gorshin's Riddler is easily my favorite live action portrayal of any of the Batman characters. I really believed the guy was just that crazy! You've piqued my curiosity about "Dark Knight, Dark City." In which back issues will I find that tale?

Batman 452-454. Story by Peter Milligan, art by Keiron Dwyer, covers by Mike Mignola. Sadly, it's not available in a trade.

Be aware that the Riddler in this story is not portrayed the same way as Gorshin's Riddler.

JasonF 06-12-09 12:50 PM

My other favorite Batman villain was Anarky. Anyone else remember him?

rexinnih 06-25-09 07:24 AM

Went with Ras. Joker looks to be running away with the voting and I was leaning that way but just enjoy his storylines more.