DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Comic Book Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk-57/)
-   -   Bizarre comic book dream (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk/529203-bizarre-comic-book-dream.html)

Trevor 04-09-08 02:09 PM

Bizarre comic book dream

I probably shouldn't post this, as it is pretty silly and probably only of interest to me, but why not. More appropriate to my blog for sure, but it is comic related, and the first time that I dreamed an entire comic book basically.

I rarely remember my dreams, but last night had a really vivid one. I've been reading a neat little coffee table type book this year.
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1684316_dc.jpg
I checked the last few "weeks" that I read, and my dream was not directly related to anything in the book, but the style of the dream was completely golden age. Cheesy dialogue, 50's art style, etc.

Unlike many of my dreams, which shift in perspective from me being in the story or just observing it, this dream was entirely of me reading a comic book. I only remember some parts of it, but I do remember the last few panels vividly.

The basics of the story was that of a hard nosed cop / secret agent. His mission was to put away some bad guy, he had to travel around getting the witnesses safely to the courtroom. This super cop was traveling with his boss, a "suit". The first couple witnesses they had to pick up were cops who had been injured (by the bad guy? who is never seen in the comic btw) and were in the hospital.

Near the end of the story, the partners had traveled to South America or something, and crashed their plane near a river. The had taken a rookie cop with them, but he turned out to be a double agent, and was standing guard near the burning plane.

Here are the panels that I remember vividly. Our hero team is swimming back towards their plane's wreckage, without a weapon, seeing the turncoat with a pistol. The hero says "that's why I stashed a stowaway weapon", as they swim towards a tree with a tommy gun hidden in it's branches, just north of their enemy. The hero gets the gun, and sneaks up on the rookie, shooting him in the back. (Remember, this is a golden age comic, so behavior like that was ok for a hero.) He walks up to the body, holding the gun like a briefcase, and the rookie turns out not to be dead, and leaps up to struggle with the hero. The gun goes off, hitting the "suit". Our hero finishes off the turncoat, and then picks up his boss, saying, "I'll have to get you to a hospital". The boss replies, "that will get me to a hospital?", pointing to the burning plane.

Our hero replies, as he carries them into the burning half-wreckage of a plane, "sure, this isn't just a plane, but also a helicopter. An Apache helicopter!" He presses a button and a helicopter morphs out of the half of the plane not in shambles, and they fly off into the sunset towards the states.

Trevor 03-05-16 09:55 AM

Re: Bizarre comic book dream

I have absolutely no memory of that dream or making this thread; zip, zero, none. Maybe I was drunk posting.

Anyway, I had another comic book related dream last night, perhaps brought on by all the restarting and rebirthing stuff.

In my dream Marvel was restarting Spider-man again, and was putting out all sorts of special books and variants. But the big deal, the secret that they somehow kept until release day, was that the all new 2016 version of Amazing Spider-man #1 was dialogued/drawn by none other than Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.

Not sure why I dreamed this, I'm not a fan of Lee, Ditko, or Spider-man, or why I felt the need to share a stupid dream again, but there you go.

davidh777 03-05-16 10:46 AM

How did you not get responses for the first one, and more importantly, have you storyboarded it by now?

PhantomStranger 03-05-16 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 12743326)
How did you not get responses for the first one, and more importantly, have you storyboarded it by now?

:lol:

I've had many dreams in my life, none about comic books. When we come up with dream-on-demand technology, I'll definitely try it out.

Bronkster 03-05-16 04:39 PM

I've had a few comic-related dreams - years ago. No way could I recall them now, other than one had a cover of (possibly?) an upcoming Spider-man issue (is he in everyone's dreams?? :whofart: ). After I woke up, I made a point of trying to remember the cover to see if it matched the new releases that week. Not even close. Stupid dream.

mrhan 03-05-16 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 12743296)
I have absolutely no memory of that dream or making this thread; zip, zero, none. Maybe I was drunk posting.

Man, you come right out of a comic book. :lol:

rw2516 03-06-16 07:16 AM

Had a couple dreams 50 years ago that I still remember. I was 7 or 8. In one I was being chased by Batman villain Blockbuster.
The other was somewhat prophetic. There were no comic shops or shows at this time so haunting garage sales and used book shops were your only hope of finding old issues you missed. This dream involved a huge spinner rack, several stories tall, that had every comic book ever made on it.

mrhan 03-06-16 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by rw2516 (Post 12743909)
Had a couple dreams 50 years ago that I still remember. I was 7 or 8. In one I was being chased by Batman villain Blockbuster.

This issue was the first thing I thought of when you mentioned Blockbuster.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...Batman_194.jpg

Trevor 06-30-16 07:50 AM

Had a dream where I was sort of a Rick Jones/Snapper Carr type, or maybe a former hero who was mentoring the newer ones. Huge Avengers battle was happening, against an enemy that shot laser beams from multiple tentacles.

A new Captain America was attempting to join the team, but was hesitant. I tried to reassure him, telling him 'I knew Steve Rogers' and could help him assimilate into the group. But instead of listening to me, he just charged into battle. Oh, and instead of a shield, he carried an indestructible banner, about 4' by 3'.