DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Comic Book Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk-57/)
-   -   Garth Ennis leaving Punisher (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk/520595-garth-ennis-leaving-punisher.html)

dadaluholla 12-20-07 10:17 PM

Garth Ennis leaving Punisher

I knew it had to happen someday, but it looks like Ennis is finally calling it quits on his incredible run on Punisher. The March soliciatations mention #55 will be the beginning of his final storyline. I'm running out of Marvel books to buy.

PUNISHER #55

Written by GARTH ENNIS
Penciled by GORAN PARLOV
Cover by TIM BRADSTREET

"VALLEY FORGE, VALLEY FORGE: THE SLAUGHTER OF A U.S. MARINE GARRISON AND THE BIRTH OF THE PUNISHER," PART 1
Garth Ennis concludes his seminal run on PUNISHER -- in style. Thirty-five years ago, the Fifth Cavalry disgorged their troops on an isolated Vietnamese hilltop and was met by a scene of utter devastation. The final body count ran to well over seven-hundred -- almost 200 hundred of them American soldiers. Standing alone amidst the carnage, a sole survivor: Captain Frank Castle, who years later would be known as the most fearsome vigilante to walk the Earth: The Punisher. Now the Punisher is about to face his stiffest test: He's hunted big game in his day, but none as big as this. Five men with unlimited resources. Men who'd put anything between themselves and the Punisher's bullet. Men who know exactly who he is...and how to fight him.

32 PGS./Explicit Content ...$2.99

Boba Fett 12-20-07 11:35 PM

Thank goodness. I enjoyed the MAX series for a short while, but Ennis turned the whole series into juvenile garbage. I called it quits when I read the arc that focused 90% of the time on a mobster who got raped by his aunt as a young boy and Castle was relegated to a few glorified cameos.

taffer 12-21-07 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I'm running out of Marvel books to buy.

Me too. I have always preferred DC. Punisher MAX is one of the very few Marvel titles I still read.

Will they stop publishing Punisher MAX completely after Ennis leaves? I seem to remember Marvel saying that Punisher MAX would only continue as long as Ennis was on board.

boredsilly 12-21-07 02:03 AM

This is one of those books I've never ever got around to reading. I've heard good things, but I just don't think it would be my cup of tea.

He had a nice run on the book though, something you don't see that much of these days.

Superboy 12-27-07 04:05 AM

The first series was great, but it was pretty inconsistent after that. I really liked the "Confederation of Dunces" storyline though.

Eric F 12-27-07 06:54 PM

Geez, I stopped reading comics pretty much when they said Hitman was coming to an end. Now at least I'll be able to pick up his whole run on Marvel in TPB form relatively cheap.