DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Comic Book Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk-57/)
-   -   Angel : After The Fall (Season 6) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/comic-book-talk/507886-angel-after-fall-season-6-a.html)

scarredgod 08-01-07 04:12 AM

Angel : After The Fall (Season 6)

looks like the rumor came true, Angel : After The Fall is coming to comics, an official follow-up to the Angel series.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=123012

slop101 08-01-07 10:59 AM

Unlike Buffy, Angel ended perfectly and continuing it would only damage that.

stingermck 08-01-07 11:17 AM

I wonder if it will be close to what was in mind for season 6, if it wasn't canceled. That they won the battle, but learned the Powers that Be were the real big bad. Hmmm.

Tracer Bullet 08-01-07 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by slop101

I tend to agree.

scarredgod 08-01-07 02:03 PM

i agree as well. im not big on the new buffy comics but ill read the new Angel series for fun, but like Buffy, im not going to look at it as a REAL continuation.

starseed1981 10-25-07 11:40 AM

I too think Angel ended perfectly. But I'm not gonna sit here and say that I won't be buying this the moment it comes out. I wonder if it's gonna follow the proposed Angel / Road Warrior scenario that was proposed for season 6 originally.

boredsilly 10-25-07 11:56 AM

Angel is my favorite series, so I'm glad to get more, but I too will be looking at it as fun and not "cannon". That story is done. This will be like fanfic, with purdy pictures.

DarkestPhoenix 10-26-07 09:40 PM

I don't know. I was pissed there wasn't a season 6. You can't end 'perfectly' on a cliffhanger.

slop101 10-27-07 12:41 AM

Good thing it wasn't a cliffhanger then.
Spoiler:
I think you just need to take the ending less literally.

starseed1981 11-26-07 03:15 PM

Anybody else pick this up? Suprisingly I loved it. And the return of my favorite character was a pleasant suprise.

Patman 11-27-07 10:51 AM

I may need to read it again because I couldn't really get into it, plus the artwork is too loose and a bit sloppy for my tastes.

MovieExchange 11-28-07 08:45 AM

Finally read it, didn't feel it at all. The artwork, as Patman mentioned, is very sloppy (much the same reason why I'm not liking Buffy season 8). The story is bleh. I'll give it another issue or two, but I have a feeling that I won't be finishing this one, and instead will read a summary on Wiki when the series ends.

boredsilly 11-28-07 09:57 AM

I actually liked the story ok, but the artwork was a complete and total turnoff. While it wasn't stellar, I bet the pencils were serviceable and this instead seems like a bad pairing of penciller, inker, and colorist.

treszoks 11-28-07 02:26 PM

I would have bought it but my store was sold out.

boredsilly 11-29-07 01:51 AM

That's good. Maybe that means more non-comic people came in for this like they did for Buffy?

Adam Tyner 11-29-07 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by treszoks
I would have bought it but my store was sold out.

Likewise. In fact, I checked two stores -- both gone.

Sessa17 11-29-07 05:40 PM

It just annoys me to no end, that any comic book store would be dumb enough to sell out of this book so quickly, they know it is going to bring in a walk in crowd, rarely can a comic do that, you'd think they know to up the order & quickly re-order it as well.

Anway, I just got around to reading this last night & fell it is a big piece of crap. I'm in the camp that thought the show ended perfectly, so unlike Buffy where I think it's cool to see a series continuation, I wasn't all the psyched for this. The comic IMO, is unreadable simply b/c of the dreadful art. I just don't get how the publishers, knowing this is the type of comic that non-comic book fans will read, don't get better talent to draw it. What makes it even more puzzling, is that if you read the creators prose at the end of the comic, they go on & on at how amazing the artist is. You can't even tell which character is which, there is zero panel structure or sequential story-telling. It's just a big mess of bland colors & eratic pencils on every page.

jonknight86 12-22-07 10:21 AM

I completely disagree. Buffy ended perfectly, just like Angel did.

Sean O'Hara 12-22-07 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by jonknight86
I completely disagree. Buffy ended perfectly, just like Angel did.

I agree. The problem is that ending came in Season 5, and then they went and did two more seasons full of angst-ridden soapiness and nonsensical plotting.

starseed1981 12-22-07 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
I agree. The problem is that ending came in Season 5, and then they went and did two more seasons full of angst-ridden soapiness and nonsensical plotting.

I agree COMPLETELY.

Seeker 12-23-07 10:44 PM

Except for "Once More With Feeling".

DarkestPhoenix 12-23-07 11:36 PM

Good thing it wasn't a cliffhanger then.
Spoiler:
I think you just need to take the ending less literally.

You mean he's not going to slay the dragon?

:hscratch:

DarkestPhoenix 12-23-07 11:37 PM

Don't forget drive-thru sex.

egamipeaks 12-30-07 11:30 AM

Yeah the season 5 ending would have been much better, plus it was probably the best season of the show, but we would have missed some great episodes. The first run from season 6 (up to Tabula Rasa) and the finale, as well as several great episodes in season 7 (Selfless, Conversations With Dead People, Lies My Parents Told Me, Storyteller) are worth it.