Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Amazing Spider-Man (1st app. of Venom)

Old 07-25-07, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazing Spider-Man (1st app. of Venom)

I have 3 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #300, which is the first appearance of Venom.

They are all in pretty good condition, with one being very NM.

I was wondering what I could get for them? I've looked around on eBay but I can't view auctions that have ended. But from what I CAN see the prices vary wildly, and it looks like CCG graded ones go for a lot.

I also have #298 and #299 which are part of the same storyline.

I should just pick up a Wizard I guess, but I hate to have to sell them on eBay anyway, but I can't think of anywhere else I could sell them.

add: I also have the 1st appearance of Vulture (#64 I think) and it's in awesome shape for a book from the 60's. I got it like 6 yrs. ago at a flea market for like $3 and I KNOW that one has to be worth at least $50.
Old 07-25-07, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by boston george
I have 3 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #300, which is the first appearance of Venom.

They are all in pretty good condition, with one being very NM.

I was wondering what I could get for them? I've looked around on eBay but I can't view auctions that have ended. But from what I CAN see the prices vary wildly, and it looks like CCG graded ones go for a lot.

I also have #298 and #299 which are part of the same storyline.

I should just pick up a Wizard I guess, but I hate to have to sell them on eBay anyway, but I can't think of anywhere else I could sell them.

add: I also have the 1st appearance of Vulture (#64 I think) and it's in awesome shape for a book from the 60's. I got it like 6 yrs. ago at a flea market for like $3 and I KNOW that one has to be worth at least $50.
A comic book is worth what you can get for it. No more, no less. I'd start by calling your local comic book shop and asking what they'll give you for the comic. It's going to be a relatively low-ball offer, but it will give you an idea of the rough neighborhood you're in -- figure you can get more by selling on eBay, but it's not going to be twenty time more.

The original Vulture -- Adrian Toomes -- first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #2. The second Vulture -- Blackie Drago -- debuted in Amazing Spider-Man #48, teamed up with Kraven in issue #49, and got the crap beaten out of him by Toomes in issue #63. Poor Blackie never appears again -- he's been stuck in Marvel limbo for forty years, and I'm probably the only person who remembers him. If Joe Quesada ever came up to me and said "Hey JasonF, we want you to write a Spider-Man story," it would be "What Ever Happened to Blackie Drago."

Anyway, Toomes does fight Spider-Man in #64, so it is possible that you have that issue, but it's not the first Vulture.
Old 07-26-07, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Since I always have my trusty Overstreet Price Guide in my utility belt, I can give you pricing estimates from that. #300 in NM condition is $110, going down to $9 for a copy in GOOD condition. #64 in NM is $135, down to $10 for GOOD. Hope that helps.
Old 07-26-07, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bronkster
Since I always have my trusty Overstreet Price Guide in my utility belt, I can give you pricing estimates from that. #300 in NM condition is $110, going down to $9 for a copy in GOOD condition. #64 in NM is $135, down to $10 for GOOD. Hope that helps.
Yeah...but Wizard says it's worth $1500 NM in the CGC package.

(by the way...that's not a joke...that price is in their last few magazines for this particular issue in their "top 5 CGC" section.)

Last edited by Spiderbite; 07-26-07 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-26-07, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

God I hate CGC. But it has made key books I want 'cheaper' since I dont buy CGC
Old 07-26-07, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you sold these to a dealer, I would say at most you would probably get an offer of $10-15 for ASM #300 and maybe $5 for #64. Try eBay...you might get lucky, but honestly it's not going to be much better. Comics can be hard to sell.
Old 07-26-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Yeah...but Wizard says it's worth $1500 NM in the CGC package.

(by the way...that's not a joke...that price is in their last few magazines for this particular issue in their "top 5 CGC" section.)
Note to self: When selling comix, use Wizard. When buying, use Overstreet.
Old 07-26-07, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the responses guys.

I think I might get them (and a few others) CCG graded.

From what brianluvdvd said it looks like this is a pretty hot book.

Can we sell/trade on here? I wonder if anyone would be interested in any of my comics?
Old 07-26-07, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On eBay do a search for "Spider-Man 300." Once the results come in or even from the search bar uptop, hit "advance search." Choose the "Completed listings only" line in the middle of the top area, at this point you'll have to log in if you haven't already. At this point you'll realize that... prices are all over the place. From about $50 to more than $200 for uncertified and up to $500 for one with a CGC score.
Old 07-26-07, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can we sell/trade on here? I wonder if anyone would be interested in any of my comics?
We have a comic exchange thread sticky at the top of this very forum, my friend. It doesn't see a lot of action, but feel free to post your stuff!
Old 07-26-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have #252, the first appearance of the costume...& course there is also Secret Wars LOL. Fun stuff. Too bad they didn't really use that costume for the movie.

Last edited by porieux; 07-26-07 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-22-07, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Heck, I'd buy all your comics.

I'm always game. These, too. Feel free to PM me.