Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

The one & only DCBS discussion / information thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by harpoonipa
I've been using DCBS for the last 9 months. LCS can't touch the 40% off. Do I feel bad blowing off the LCS? Sometimes... but with two kids a mortgage and tons of other bills, it was DCBS or nothing.
What is DCBS? How do some of these Internet stores work with regard to payment? In other words, do you pay in advance, or do they charge you when your books ship.

I really can't complain too much about my LCS. I've only been shopping there about five years, but I get a 10% discount on everything, and the staff is very friendly. Plus, they have an incredible selection of products. In addition, they have two big sales a year, and a subscriber-only Christmas party where they offer sale prices on everything.

Conversely, my former LCS lost its manager/coowner and closed its doors a few years later. Why? Comic Book Guy-like goons who acted like they were doing you a favor everytime you went into the store.
Old 01-04-07, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by madcougar
What is DCBS? How do some of these Internet stores work with regard to payment? In other words, do you pay in advance, or do they charge you when your books ship.
http://www.dcbservice.com/

You order books about 2 months in advance and they charge your card about a week or two before the books from that order start shipping.
Old 01-04-07, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There really needs to be a sticky at the top of this forum about DCBS. Either that or we can designate Chew as our representative who always answers the 'What is DCBS?' questions.
Old 01-04-07, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Or maybe one DCBS thread, what it is, how people like it...?
Old 09-28-07, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Oops, sorry, wrong post.
Old 10-18-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, DBCS seriously messed up my order this time: I'm missing the last four items from my packing list.

One of them was Absolute Sandman
Old 01-26-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Question about ordering Trades from them - when do they ship? I ordered 4 She-Hulk TP's around Jan 10th, and they still have yet to ship.

Also, if they haven't shipped yet, can I cancel it without paying the cancellation fee?
Old 01-26-08, 08:56 PM

I ordered from them once and they took forever to ship. There prices are a little better than Amazon, but its not worth the wait or hassle. Plus, I find Amazon's customer service second to none.
Old 01-26-08, 11:30 PM

They are great for ordering monthlys but I've had some long delays when ordering old trades or hard covers. If you order from each months previews you can't go wrong.
Old 02-13-08, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Wow, DBCS seriously messed up my order this time: I'm missing the last four items from my packing list.

One of them was Absolute Sandman
What happens when they miss stuff out of your order? Do they just sent it out to you whenever they get it back in stock? They don't charge you extra for shipping do they? Do they know when they short stuff, or do you have to let them know you are missing something?
Old 02-15-08, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sessa17
What happens when they miss stuff out of your order? Do they just sent it out to you whenever they get it back in stock? They don't charge you extra for shipping do they? Do they know when they short stuff, or do you have to let them know you are missing something?
Contact them and they should send it out with your next order.
Old 05-05-08, 08:37 AM

Well DCBS dissappointed me. Some of my items got canceled which is by no means there fault, but instead of crediting future orders they just got caught in Limbo. Now i ask them to just refund the amount, and they just seemingly made a mess of it. I sent them e-mails outlining exactly what happened and what needs to be done to make it right, but they just do not pay attention! Buyer Beware!

Last edited by CaptStormy; 05-05-08 at 08:39 AM. Reason: did not edit for grammer
Old 11-04-08, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Anybody else having problems w/ DCBS quality control? Misdirecting orders and that sort of thing?
Old 11-04-08, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have had a problem recently with them delivering the Mass Market edition instead of the Direct Market Edition (numbered and a pic of the original cover on the front) of the Marvel Premiere Classics line of HCs. They are very helpful with replacing though. Can't complain about that.

Anyway this won't be an issue any longer for me. This HC line got the axe from my bookshelf when Marvel solicited a couple of Daredevil HCs that I recently purchased in the Omnibus line and an Avengers that reprints some more modern stories. I'm not buying doubles in this economy to have a complete bookshelf.
Old 04-22-09, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The one & only DCBS discussion / information thread

I have a question about DCBS...I made my first order last month, and I was under the impression that you pay for book that say (MAR09) in mid april, but I haven't been charged yet for them. Am i wrong about this?

Nick
Old 04-23-09, 01:48 PM

I think they charge when they ship. I had ordered a couple of Omnibuses off them, and a couple of months later my card was about to expire and I noticed they hadn't charged me yet, I then asked them if they could charge now. Didn't want to miss out in case I couldn't easily change the card that it was to be charged to.
Old 04-30-09, 08:45 AM

Anybody else having DCBS flake out on shipping? I pay for twice a month shipping, and haven't received anything this entire month, despite having items ready in both shipping windows. They also don't appear to be receiving items that I have seen in stores for more than a month, which is rather irritating. I've already decided to drop their service, but I don't want to be screwed on what I'm already on the hook for.
Old 04-30-09, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Meatwad's Ghost
I think they charge when they ship. I had ordered a couple of Omnibuses off them, and a couple of months later my card was about to expire and I noticed they hadn't charged me yet, I then asked them if they could charge now. Didn't want to miss out in case I couldn't easily change the card that it was to be charged to.
I ordered these in March, and was charges for both on 4/27...

07/15/09 - FINAL CRISIS ROGUES REVENGE
10/28/09 - Absolute Death - HC

...This was the first time i had used them, but I am going to keep track, so I know when to expect it...
Old 07-16-09, 04:20 PM

I have a question, I ordered some back issue trades from DCBS at the beginning of July.
Does anyone know when they should ship. I was thinking at the beginning of AUgust, but I won't be charged for them unitl the third week of august, like the rest of the pre order right?

It is killing me seeing all the stuff about Blackest night, and but not being able to read it without having read the trades that build up to it.
Old 12-26-09, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone know if Marvels Eye of the camera #6 was released? I was looking through my unshipped items and saw it.
Old 12-26-09, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

it's now scheduled for january 27.
Old 07-15-10, 02:28 PM
Cool New Member

In case anyone still uses DCBS, the recent Absolute Planetary Vol 1 and Vol 2 are still available at 50% off ($37.50 each).
Old 06-14-11, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey! I started this thread more than four years ago!!! I'm considering using DCBS and wanted to get more information...
Old 06-16-11, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

My question, why is this thread still a sticky?
Old 06-16-11, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by madcougar
Hey! I started this thread more than four years ago!!! I'm considering using DCBS and wanted to get more information...
What, specifically?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.