Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Marvel Omnibuses you'd like to see

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-10, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Marvel Omnibuses you'd like to see

Thanks for the heads-up on the Omnibuses - I picked up X-Men and the Ultimates - but missed the Starman Omnibus Vol 4 the first time around, so I placed another order and got that as well as Wolverine/Gambit HC. Oh well, what's $5 (the extra s/h cost)...
Old 04-22-10, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
speaking of those, the mutant massacre one and the house of M one are both 70% of 35.99 at x-world...I order the house of m one, because i got the mutant massacre one form barnes and noble during that sale last month for 10.62
Ugh, didn't even think about looking at "regular" hardcovers/trades. Thanks - picked up a couple in order #2
Old 05-06-10, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have placed a bunch of orders with them without any problems, they always come well packed...shipping is a little slow after these sales every year though. sometimes it take 5-6 days to pack the stuff, but like i said other than that never had a problem
I got my shipping confirmation today.
Old 05-12-10, 10:48 AM

I got my shipping confirmation today.
so, mine came yesterday, but I only got the House of M Hardcover...it said the others were out of stock, and gave me a code for a credit...I sent a message; I just want the money charged back on my card. Sorry if this turns out the same for you guys, i have never had an issue with them before, but I'm not happy about this.
Old 05-12-10, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

X-world sucks. I placed an order for Starman Omnibus 4 during that sale and never received it. Sent two emails asking for status...no response. Finally filed a paypal claim and got money back. Lame.
Old 05-12-10, 10:14 PM

This thread:

http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=818101

says they are going out of business and closing down. I filed a PayPal dispute...
Old 05-12-10, 10:53 PM
Banned

Luckily I didn't order anything.
Old 05-13-10, 08:53 AM

so, mine came yesterday, but I only got the House of M Hardcover...it said the others were out of stock, and gave me a code for a credit...I sent a message; I just want the money charged back on my card. Sorry if this turns out the same for you guys, i have never had an issue with them before, but I'm not happy about this.
Oh boy, that does not sound good for me. I ordered about $90 worth of hardcovers including the one House of M book that was in stock, Ultimates, Mutant Massacre, 1602, and a couple others. I never got a shipping email but my order page says it shipped on 5/2. Still haven't gotten the package. If they try to give me any stupid store credit, I will be filing a Paypal claim as well. That's just wrong.
Old 05-13-10, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmmm, both of my orders say "shipped", but only received an email/tracking number on one of the orders. They say shipped on 5/5, the tracking says 5/11
Old 05-18-10, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Daryl
Hmmm, both of my orders say "shipped", but only received an email/tracking number on one of the orders. They say shipped on 5/5, the tracking says 5/11
So I received half of order #2 - no Mutant Massacre, no Ultimatum, no Ultimatum Requiem. Bullshit store credit. Sob story about "several people checking out at once" which would be fine except they had those books listed as "in-stock" for at least a week after I ordered. Time to call the credit card company.

Still no sight of order #1 which was just one book. Website still says "shipped".
Old 05-18-10, 10:30 AM

Damn Daryl, That sucks! I really hope your credit card company comes through. Mine left me high and dry once.

So a new Omnibus is solicited today . . .

WOMEN OF MARVEL: CELEBRATING SEVEN DECADES OMNIBUS HC

Written by STAN LEE, LINDA FITE, JEAN THOMAS, GERRY CONWAY, ROY THOMAS, TONY ISABELLA, ED HANNIGAN, CAROL SEULING, STEVE GERBER, MIKE FRIEDRICH, JIM SHOOTER, DAVID MICHELINIE, JOHN BYRNE, TOM DEFALCO, DWAYNE MCDUFFIE, DWIGHT D. COYE, JM DEMATTEIS, JACK C. HARRIS & RICHARD HOWELL Penciled by VARIOUS Covers by OLIVIER COIPEL & RAMONA FRADON

For seventy years, Marvel Comics has been chronicling the adventures of heroes across the world -- and now it's time for the heroines to shine! Featuring your favorite fighting females from across the decades! Millie the Model! Patsy Walker and Hedy Wolfe! The Wasp! The Black Widow! Night Nurse! Tigra! Shanna the She-Devil! The Dazzler! Firestar! Captain Marvel! She-Hulk! Storm! Against threats including Man-Killer, Nekra, the White Queen and the Silver Samurai! Collected together here for the first time in one titanic tome! Collecting TALES TO ASTONISH (1959) #51-58, X-MEN (1963) #57, NIGHT NURSE #1-4, CAT #1-4, MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #8, GIANT-SIZE CREATURES #1, MARVEL PREMIERE #42, SHANNA THE SHE-DEVIL (1972) #1-5, KA-ZAR: LORD OF THE HIDDEN JUNGLE #2, DAREDEVIL (1964) #108-112, MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #3, MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL #12, #16 & #18, FIRESTAR #1-4, SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK: CEREMONY #1-2, CAPTAIN MARVEL (1989) #1, CAPTAIN MARVEL (1994) #1, MILLIE THE MODEL #100, PATSY AND HEDY ANNUAL #1, SOLO AVENGERS #9, MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #36 and MARVEL FANFARE #59.

1160 pages, $125
That's a big one! I don't know if I am sold on it. The theme is cool, but I'd rather see something like this in a series of trades. I like my Omnis to have one connected story or character.

I could have been down for a She-Hulk only Omni . . .
Old 05-18-10, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Not sure if im sold either. I'd rather see this released in decade volumes. Just so I could get some great 70's stuff. And to compare everything to the 90's TnA
Old 05-18-10, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

I don't like the slapdash themed Omnibuses - they don't make for very good reading experiences. The Wolverine Omni also falls into this camp.

The best Omnibuses are always the ones that have just one writer/artist team, collecting either a long continuous run and/or a single (preferably self-contained) story-arc.
Old 05-18-10, 02:47 PM
Banned

So $125 is their new MSRP? I thought that would be only for the Golden Age of Marvel Comics Omnibus. Also, put me in the group of not being sold on the idea. If I remember correctly, the Captain Marvel issues included are really lame. Those comics were released just to keep the Captain Marvel name under Marvel Comics trademark and copyright.
Old 05-18-10, 09:16 PM

Good I can skip this one, I got downsized so only certain ones I'll be buying that go with the series already started. This almost seems to go against what all the other omnibuses have been with one series or in the case of Wolverine in going with the one character. I'm just afraid Marvel will look at the poor sales of this one and cut the Omnibus program.
Old 05-22-10, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
I don't like the slapdash themed Omnibuses - they don't make for very good reading experiences. The Wolverine Omni also falls into this camp.

The best Omnibuses are always the ones that have just one writer/artist team, collecting either a long continuous run and/or a single (preferably self-contained) story-arc.
I agree with all this. It's why all the Daredevil omnibi are so great & my favorite of all of them with The Tomb of Dracula collections.
Old 05-22-10, 10:08 PM
Banned

Did the Captain America Omnibus go out of print?
Old 05-22-10, 10:40 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've just taken the plunge into Omnibuses with Spider-Man volume one. How often does Marvel release these, based on Wikipedia it seems like they wait years between volume releases. Anywhere on the net to find more information out?
Old 05-25-10, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by CloudVader
Oh boy, that does not sound good for me. I ordered about $90 worth of hardcovers including the one House of M book that was in stock, Ultimates, Mutant Massacre, 1602, and a couple others. I never got a shipping email but my order page says it shipped on 5/2. Still haven't gotten the package. If they try to give me any stupid store credit, I will be filing a Paypal claim as well. That's just wrong.
Originally Posted by Lemmy
Well, after two emails and one phone call (to a recording, natch), I've heard ....[drumroll, please].... nuttin'. Nil. Nada. Zilcho. Zero.

These guys deserve to be out of business, regardless of how many suckers (a.k.a. customers) responded to their "sale", causing them to be "backlogged".

Companies like this are a good reason why I no longer read comics on any regular basis, though I love the characters dearly, and would continue:

A)....if the stories were better (the last 20 years have sucked pretty hard, overall, for Marvel anyway, other than the first 5 years of the Ultimate line) ....

.... and B)....if LCS's and 'net stores didn't pull shit like this Omnibus snafu.
So now for my follow-up. The website claimed my order shipped on May 2. I did finally get a shipping confirmation... on May 24. Yes, my order apparently wasn't actually shipped until three weeks after my account page claimed it was shipped. Considering that half of what I ordered is nowhere to be found on their website anymore, I don't have high hopes for my order. I really wanted that Ultimates omni too.
Old 05-25-10, 01:02 PM

I haven't even got a shipping confirmation yet; the website also claimed my order shipped on 5/2.
Old 06-02-10, 12:23 PM

Well, their email mailbox is full. Here's their contact phone number, and the fellows' name is Ken at X-World: 503-829-8482....but don't expect any response.

I'm going to try to remember the hassle of this (which I'm pretty sure I'm going to get, pursuing a refund) the next time something looks too good to be true.

Lesson learned. :-/
I finally got my package from them yesterday. I ordered 10 Marvel HC books and got... 1. Same BS about things going out of stock, but the kicker is that 5 of the books they claimed were out of stock are still listed as in stock on the site. Tried sending email, and the mailbox was still full of course. I'm not going to bother calling at this point. I filed a dispute with Paypal immediately and demanded the in-stock books be sent and the rest of my money refunded, or just a refund for everything but the one book I actually got. I'll elevate it to a Paypal claim if he doesn't respond.

The most insulting thing was the letter that said I was given store credit. It says something to the effect of how valuable this credit will be when they have another massive sale in the "near future." Which I'm guessing will be a going-out-of-business fire sale. Someone even hand-wrote "Sorry!" on the letter. Sure, that makes up for taking nearly $100 from me and sending me a $15 book in return.

Damn, I expected to be pissed at this from everyone else's stories, but seeing that thin little package sitting on my doorstep instead of a box full of books really set me off.
Old 06-02-10, 06:29 PM

If you ordered from X-World, you may be interested in THIS thread:

http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52836
the number willie mumpkin gavein that thread is dc'd now...i went ahead and filed a claim, i thought i had paid with my cc, so i had been dragging my feet, but i just went and looked and it was paypal.

what sucks is, i had ordered probably 10 times during these sales and never had a problem really, other than a lsow shipping time. i had gotten probably 5-6 omnis for over 50% off, so they had been a good site before this last debacle...
Old 06-03-10, 11:08 AM

is the brubaker Daredevil 2 omni delayed?
it didn't come from DCBS this month, and it was scheduled to.
Old 06-03-10, 02:04 PM

Hmm . . . I just saw it at the comic store here.
Old 06-09-10, 08:13 PM

Amazon shipping notice for me today.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.