Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Just sold my 300 (F. Miller) comics on eBay for...

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Old 03-14-07, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$75 shipped.

I was tracking a handful of 300 auctions and the final bids varied widely, from $100 with four days to go to a winning bid of $63 for a set. I put $75 as a BIN option thinking no one would jump at this (again, based on most of the other winning bids I was tracking). It sold within minutes of the listing.

Initially, I was like "YAY!", ecstatic at having dumped a set that had been long-boxed for nearly 10 years. I figured that the title will eventually get re-issued as reprints with the success of the film and the most I'd ever get for the run was RIGHT NOW.

Thoughts? Anyone want to speculate how high these will go and if there will be a market at all for them when the movie's BO wanes?
Old 03-14-07, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think the $30 hardcover is still in print - i saw one last night at a bookstore...
Old 03-14-07, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, the 300 HC is on its 11th or 12th printing nowadays.
Old 03-14-07, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking of doing something similar with Spiderman, and had planned to sell my copies of Spiderman #299 and #300 when Spiderman 3 comes out, as both issues have the first appearances of Venom.
Old 03-14-07, 05:30 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

saw hard cover at shop this morning for 29.99
Old 03-14-07, 11:44 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amazon has the hard cover for $17.99 and its currently #9 for top sellers in books
Old 03-15-07, 02:50 AM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Holy crap! I've still got the series lying around somewhere at my dad's. I may have have to try to do the same thing. If nothing else, it'll make me feel better for blowing $25 on New Mutants #87 all those years ago.
Old 03-15-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow! I was thinking of unloading my set because the movie was coming out. No idea that you could make this much money from this set. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was fantastic, but as the OP said, they've been sitting in a long box in my house for 10 years. I'll pick up the TPB with the money I make on eBay!
Old 03-15-07, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by madcougar
Wow! I was thinking of unloading my set because the movie was coming out. No idea that you could make this much money from this set. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was fantastic, but as the OP said, they've been sitting in a long box in my house for 10 years. I'll pick up the TPB with the money I make on eBay!
Do it now then before the hoopla over the film subsides. Because I didn't realize the trade was so readily and cheaply available, I'm ecstatic that I got what I did for the five issues.

Do what I did and check out current auctions that are cloe to ending. Should be a gauge as to how much you'll get for yours, too.
Old 03-22-07, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My auction ended two nights ago for $86. Not to bad for five comic books I had sitting in a longbox at home.