Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Old 03-15-10, 11:36 AM
  #76  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
GoldenWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,291
Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

I assume you guys are familiar with Tales of Wonder?

I buy wholesale from them...have never been dissatisfied. I can only assume they handle their direct-to-the-customer business as well as the wholesale end.
Old 06-17-10, 04:02 PM
  #77  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,090
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Barnes and Noble B&N Graphic Novel TPB/GN Sale
http://browse.barnesandnoble.com/...id=1590871

Over 250 TPBs currently in their bargain section and they're mostly Marvel at around 70-75% off.

(credit to slickdeals.net)
Old 06-17-10, 04:57 PM
  #78  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
Barnes and Noble B&N Graphic Novel TPB/GN Sale
http://browse.barnesandnoble.com/...id=1590871

Over 250 TPBs currently in their bargain section and they're mostly Marvel at around 70-75% off.

(credit to slickdeals.net)
Thanks, ordered a couple books, mainly the two Escapist volumes.

Was thinking about ordering the 8 or so 30 Days of Night books, but they'd be blind buys. Any thoughts?
Old 06-17-10, 06:13 PM
  #79  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,090
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

I've only read a few of the 30 Days books - I would recommend getting at least the first volume, and I remember Dark Days being pretty good as well (the second volume). The only other one I've read is Red Snow, and I felt that was worth a read as well. I prefer the ones with art by Ben Templesmith, though those are mainly the first few (he wrote and drew Red Snow, though).
Old 07-25-10, 08:36 PM
  #80  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 79
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

TFAW.com has some possible misprint books:
1 Flat Shipping Coupon(NOTATSDCC)
1 Indiana Jones Omnibus Volume 1 TPB - nick & dent
1 Magnus, Robot Fighter Vol. 3 HC - nick & dent
1 Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack HC - nick & dent
Those books are $5 each the Indy Omni 2, 300 HC are also $5 each all are nick and dent books. The coupon code at top is free shipping for $20 or more. I had ordered a couple of other N&D books that got me over but nothing that is a super buy.

Borders has a sale of 50% off some Star Wars Books they also have a deal buy 4 get one free just got 4 omnis and a Knights old republic 6 for $53.10
You might need to click weekly deals (the link is on the upper right corner)
Old 07-25-10, 09:05 PM
  #81  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Thanks, ordered the two Indies and both of the "Hedge Knight" books.
Old 08-05-10, 08:01 PM
  #82  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Thank's again Meatwad's Ghost. My books came in today in great shape and they threw in a few other things.
Old 08-05-10, 09:44 PM
  #83  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 79
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

yw, I just got mine today I got a FCBD issue. Also got a sale notice there will be a 60% off Nick & Dent sale there beginning on Aug. 14.
Free domestic shipping on orders over $30 Code: murdock expires 9/30
Old 08-05-10, 10:12 PM
  #84  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Yep, I got the Doctor Solar one from FCBD, and a mini-Hellbook "the Yearning".
Old 09-25-10, 10:09 PM
  #85  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 79
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

TFAW.com is having their 70% off sale it started this morning sorry been really busy all day. If you order over $30 you can use code MURDOCK to get free shipping. There is a lot of stuff, I bought way to much. They have/had Creepy 1-5, Eerie 1-3, Give me Liberty Hc w/slip for $15 each and lots of other fun stuff. It was one of the first times I had to remove books from my wishlist for the sale since they had so much I wanted (NEEDED!).
Old 09-26-10, 03:52 PM
  #86  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
dadaluholla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wilmington, OH
Posts: 5,491
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

yeah I bought about $100 worth of stuff at TFAW since yesterday. They had a lot of great stuff at amazing prices. I really didn't have the room or money for what I bought but that's never stopped me before.

Hopefully some new books get added to the sale before it ends.
Old 09-27-10, 09:51 PM
  #87  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 79
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
yeah I bought about $100 worth of stuff at TFAW since yesterday. They had a lot of great stuff at amazing prices. I really didn't have the room or money for what I bought but that's never stopped me before.

Hopefully some new books get added to the sale before it ends.
I hope not, I spend over $200 on this sale, wow. I've got to the point I don't buy a book unless it's at least 50% off. I really like the old horror stories so all those Creepy and Eerie were a no brainier at $15. I also collect Star Wars and their was a ton of titles I didn't have. The UPS driver and my book shelf will hate me. No to start saving up for the next sale.
Old 11-29-10, 07:33 PM
  #88  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Tons of the Marvel Essential books and a few others are very cheap at hamiltonbooks:

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamilton...UserTemplate/7

I got a ton of classics at about 2.95 apiece.


Shipping is a little cheaper if you use http://www.edwardrhamilton.com/search.html, but you have to mail in your order there. (it's a flat 3.50 shipping there, or free if you get their mailing)


A few cheap DVD deals can be had there too.
Old 11-29-10, 11:18 PM
  #89  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 83
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Lulu.com's Cyber Monday deal is 25% all orders. That's on top of their current prices. I got all four volumes of the Absolute Sandman for $50.49 each. You do have to pay for shipping.

Last edited by kylerayner; 11-29-10 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-23-10, 02:41 PM
  #90  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,191
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
Complete Star Trek comic collection on CD for $6.99

# Includes all issues from 1967 - 2002, including every annual, all articles and advertisements--over 500 issues
# All content in printable, user-friendly PDF format
# Series include Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
# Issues from all publishers together on one disk for the first time
Old 12-28-10, 12:48 AM
  #91  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 52,841
Received 1,054 Likes on 868 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Originally Posted by kvrdave
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
Complete Star Trek comic collection on CD for $6.99

# Includes all issues from 1967 - 2002, including every annual, all articles and advertisements--over 500 issues
# All content in printable, user-friendly PDF format
# Series include Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
# Issues from all publishers together on one disk for the first time
Thanks for posting this. I already have it, but on that page I found that the Archie CD collections and a few others are $2.99-3.99 each so I grabbed a few. They must be blowing them out.
Old 01-03-11, 03:57 PM
  #92  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Thanks for that dave, price is still available (or 2.99 for just the Movies).
Old 01-20-11, 08:43 AM
  #93  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,326
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

BN.COM is running a sale on kid and teen books. Buy 1 and get the 2nd 50% off. The good news is that this sale includes graphic novels and the expensive omnibuses! I was able to preorder both Cap omnibuses and get the sale price.
Old 01-23-11, 10:37 AM
  #94  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

At gohastings.com right now you can get 5 used books (most TPB are included, sometimes hardcovers work too, but not always) for $20. (they do this deal a lot) The kicker is, it combines with the B2G1 used sale that is going on right now (MMFREE), so you get 4 books for $4 each, 1 free one, and then can add a used DVD or Game of less value than your 2nd cheapest book (before $4 price changediscount) for free.

The other nice thing is, if you add a used book that's less than $4, it gives it to you for the cheaper price, but still counts towards the 5 for the offer.

Shipping ends up being between $6-9 for an order of 5 items, (if your 5th item is a book, it will be 6ish and if it's a DVD it will be 8ish).


<Typical gohastings disclaimer>: Used books may not come in the best shape (they are shipped in bubble mailers). Also, they often cancel orders due to their inventory system being awful and this a crap shoot during B2G1 sales. If one of your B2 gets canceled, you come out ahead and it's a B1G1. If your free one gets canceled, you'll have to complain to hopefully get another title free or a discount.
<Typical gohastings disclaimer>
Old 01-28-11, 09:34 AM
  #95  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,326
Likes: 0
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Originally Posted by starman9000
At gohastings.com right now you can get 5 used books (most TPB are included, sometimes hardcovers work too, but not always) for $20. (they do this deal a lot) The kicker is, it combines with the B2G1 used sale that is going on right now (MMFREE), so you get 4 books for $4 each, 1 free one, and then can add a used DVD or Game of less value than your 2nd cheapest book (before $4 price changediscount) for free.

The other nice thing is, if you add a used book that's less than $4, it gives it to you for the cheaper price, but still counts towards the 5 for the offer.

Shipping ends up being between $6-9 for an order of 5 items, (if your 5th item is a book, it will be 6ish and if it's a DVD it will be 8ish).


<Typical gohastings disclaimer>: Used books may not come in the best shape (they are shipped in bubble mailers). Also, they often cancel orders due to their inventory system being awful and this a crap shoot during B2G1 sales. If one of your B2 gets canceled, you come out ahead and it's a B1G1. If your free one gets canceled, you'll have to complain to hopefully get another title free or a discount.
<Typical gohastings disclaimer>

This was a great deal. Thanks for posting. I've bought several graphic novels from them online, and every one has been in mint condition.
Old 01-29-11, 01:58 PM
  #96  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Glad you got in on it. I've been getting worse quality lately, but I think it's usually due to shipping (lot's of packages torn open and books crushed or wet). Thankfully, they are quick to refund.

This last round, I ended up getting hardcover versions of three of the things I ordered for some reason.
Old 02-06-11, 10:52 AM
  #97  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,936
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

The gohastings deal is live again with the code MMFREE, well sort of. Now it's 5 for $25 instead of $20. I don't know why, but I'm getting free shipping on the book portion today, so it works out even better (5 books and 1 dvd came out to 22.28 shipped, as you still have to pay for the shipping on the DVD). I'm guessing if you have 6 books that are the same price, you could get them all for 20 shipped.
Old 02-06-11, 06:11 PM
  #98  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Posts: 18,303
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Wow, I just went through my entire Amazon wishlist looking for stuff on Gohastings and almost everything was sold out.
Old 03-06-11, 12:02 AM
  #99  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 10,059
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

I dunno how big of a deal this is but the new Captain America Lives Omnibus is $35 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Americ...9391294&sr=8-1

I think list price is $69.99
Old 03-06-11, 10:56 PM
  #100  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 52,841
Received 1,054 Likes on 868 Posts
Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Originally Posted by tofu
I dunno how big of a deal this is but the new Captain America Lives Omnibus is $35 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Americ...9391294&sr=8-1

I think list price is $69.99
They seem to be running some aggressive pre-order discounts like 40+%. I pre-ordered a couple Blake and Mortimers at that price and was considering the deluxe Y Last Man 5 because it's under $17, even though I'd decided not to upgrade my other TPBs after getting the first two deluxes.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.