Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Free Marvel Digital comics:

http://gizmodo.com/5994022/marvel-is...everyone-again
Old 04-08-13, 06:18 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
Thanks. I think I got most of them through the deal on Comixology last month, but I might as well sync them to my Marvel account too.
Old 05-04-13, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posted in the FCBD thread:

Gohastings has a good sale for FCBD today, Buy 2 Get 1 Select Comic Free w/code: ULTRON, 40% OFF Select Graphic Novels (even though it says select, everything I tried worked), Must Buy 4+ w/code: GROOT

I snagged (all new):

The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 2 TP Trade Paper $24.30
Chew Volume 3 : Just Desserts Trade Paper $5.65
Chew Trade Paper $5.26
Space Cakes Trade Paper $6.07
Chew Volume 5: Major League Chew TP : Major League Chew TP Trade Paper$5.65
Chew Vol. 1 : Tasters Choice Trade Paper $4.35
International Flavor Trade Paper $5.65
Old 05-07-13, 10:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ordered the Michelinie Iron Man Omnibus (new), Batman: The Black Mirror (used), and two Walking Dead hardcovers (new/used). Finally got a shipping notice today. I can't believe I got that omnibus for $40 new and the whole order shipped for $0.96. Very happy!
Old 05-07-13, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice call on the Iron Man book.

I ended up going back for a 2nd order, mostly for my daughter who wanted to get some Thor stuff at the LCBS but they had almost nothing. I did get her some random back issues at least:

Saga Trade Paper $4.05
My Life as a Weapon $6.88
Thor $3.70
Thor by J. Michael Straczynski $3.88
Thor the Mighty Avenger - Volume 2 $4.05
Thor the Mighty Avenger - Volume 1 $6.07
Stargate: Daniel Jackson SC : Daniel Jackson SC $5.77 (WHY!?!?!! I absolutely hated the first issue)
A Game of Thrones : The Graphic Novel $10.13 (didn't like the first issue of this either, but it had decent reviews)
Archer and Armstrong Volume 1: the Michelangelo Code TP : The Michelangelo Code TP $4.05
Harbinger Volume 1: Omega Rising TP : Omega Rising TP $4.05
Old 05-07-13, 08:24 PM

Amazon has The Stand Omnibus for $10.54 right now. They are limiting orders to only 1 book, so maybe it is not a price mistake. Still, I expect a cancellation notice in the morning.
Old 05-07-13, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks!!!

I never read the novel or watched the mini-series, but a marvel omnibus at 15 bucks (shipping and tax) is worth a blind buy. There are two left as of this post.
Old 05-07-13, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$105 for me. May be fixed already.
Old 05-07-13, 08:38 PM

After I ordered, I saw the stock go to 18 left, then 10 left, then 2 left, then the price returned to normal. Hopefully it ships out though.
Old 05-07-13, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope it ships too. Thanks imprint anyways for the heads up. Im excited to see if we'll get this or not.

UPDATE**

I got a "shipping now" notification with a 5/13 estimated arrival date. So far, so good.

Last edited by Ringmaster; 05-08-13 at 03:38 AM.
Old 05-08-13, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn, great find.
Old 05-08-13, 08:47 AM

Last night, my status changed to "Shipping Now" and this morning it indeed shipped. Hope yours goes through too.
Old 05-08-13, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yep, it shipped! After missing out on the Amazon "dollar" blu ray blunder last week, im glad I was able to cash in on a great deal .
Old 05-22-13, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Not a bargain, per se, but my high school friend is funding his graphic novel on Kickstarter. Please give it a look and back it if you like what you see. Thanks!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-graphic-novel

Run Like Hell

The story of one man's mission to escape the demon, frat boy, mime, diva, clown, and pet peeve filled land known simply as Hell.

Last edited by TheBang; 05-24-13 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-24-13, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Some great deals here:

Fantagraphics Memorial Day Mega-Blowout SALE!

Over 250 titles, 75% OFF now through Monday, May 27, 2013!

http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.p...=769&Itemid=62
Old 05-24-13, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Test.
Old 05-24-13, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777
Some great deals here:

Fantagraphics Memorial Day Mega-Blowout SALE!

Over 250 titles, 75% OFF now through Monday, May 27, 2013!

http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.p...=769&Itemid=62
I'm tempted by many of the titles you mention buying in the Strip/Reprint thread; but am trying to resist due to my space and backlog issues.
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Test.
Success!
Old 05-24-13, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Trevor
I'm tempted by many of the titles you mention buying in the Strip/Reprint thread; but am trying to resist due to my space and backlog issues.
Totally understandable. Don't want Jen hating me.

But I bit because a number of those had been on my want list for a while, and I haven't made any bulk comic-related purchases in a number of months.
Old 05-24-13, 01:58 PM

Totally understandable. Don't want Jen hating me.

But I bit because a number of those had been on my want list for a while, and I haven't made any bulk comic-related purchases in a number of months.
She'll never blame anyone but me, I'm responsible for my hoarding. You would think I could satisfy my urges with just finally opening and enjoying my piles and piles of books, games, and films; and when I do so I always enjoy it; but there is something about the shopping process to which I'm addicted. Trying to shift to digital hoarding at least, but it's a slow process as I so enjoy the tactile parts of collecting.

Rant aside, I think fate has stopped me on this sale. Went back to my $140 cart to click purchase and it had timed out and emptied my carefully selected cart.
Old 05-25-13, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

She'll never blame anyone but me, I'm responsible for my hoarding. You would think I could satisfy my urges with just finally opening and enjoying my piles and piles of books, games, and films; and when I do so I always enjoy it; but there is something about the shopping process to which I'm addicted. Trying to shift to digital hoarding at least, but it's a slow process as I so enjoy the tactile parts of collecting.

Rant aside, I think fate has stopped me on this sale. Went back to my $140 cart to click purchase and it had timed out and emptied my carefully selected cart.
Rats. On the other hand, I just got a mental picture of Jen emptying your cart while your back is turned.

Rest assured that you're among friends who enjoy scoring great deals. Is Jen not much of a shopper? That would be a cruel twist of fate.

Back on topic, I haven't received a shipping notice yet from Fantagraphics, but they had posted that they were backordered on some items (I guess their plan to clear inventory worked a little too well) and I'm in no hurry. It was also a little painful to take $16 hit for shipping, but I ordered eight books, some of them large, so it's not horrendous in the total scheme of things.
Old 05-25-13, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I somehow managed to resist that sale. After going over a year without buying anything, gohastings sucked me back in the past few weeks. I've been filling in some TPB gaps and avoiding new series, so that's good at least.
Old 05-29-13, 10:16 AM

We've 'officially' decided to not bring digital bargains to this thread, right? Anyone wanting to stay in the loop on Comixology and other digital comic sales is following that thread, right?
Rats. On the other hand, I just got a mental picture of Jen emptying your cart while your back is turned.

Rest assured that you're among friends who enjoy scoring great deals. Is Jen not much of a shopper? That would be a cruel twist of fate.
I could see her emptying my carts....

Yes, she's not a shopper at all. It's actually a good thing though, as our tiny townhouse can't even hold my stuff!
Originally Posted by starman9000
I somehow managed to resist that sale. After going over a year without buying anything, gohastings sucked me back in the past few weeks. I've been filling in some TPB gaps and avoiding new series, so that's good at least.
I'm scared to keep tabs on Gohastings TPBs. I'd love to own much more than I already do, but I just started my 5th bookcase of graphic novels and need to slow down.
Old 06-10-13, 06:48 PM

Was in B&N today and saw in the magazine rack with their fairly ample comic collection they had a free Superman book. I'm pretty sure it was different from the FCBD book. Left it in the car, but will try to remember to post more details and a pic later.

Edit to add: Looks like it's just a free version of All-Star Superman #1 by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely. Here is a weblink about Sears sponsoring it for Superman Day, which I had no clue about until now. It's June 12th and comic shops and libraries will have it and possibly other Superman freebies. My B&N just put it out early perhaps.

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/n...n-of-steel-day

Last edited by Trevor; 06-10-13 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Added info and pic
Old 06-12-13, 04:37 PM
Suspended

Just got back from my local library here in Independence MO.They had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about a "Superman Day".She called the North Kansas City branch and they had never heard of it either.
Old 06-13-13, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Was in B&N today and saw in the magazine rack with their fairly ample comic collection they had a free Superman book. I'm pretty sure it was different from the FCBD book. Left it in the car, but will try to remember to post more details and a pic later.

Edit to add: Looks like it's just a free version of All-Star Superman #1 by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely. Here is a weblink about Sears sponsoring it for Superman Day, which I had no clue about until now. It's June 12th and comic shops and libraries will have it and possibly other Superman freebies. My B&N just put it out early perhaps.

Sears has a variant cover available to Sears Reward members. I picked up 2 during the weekend.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.