Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Whats happened with Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk Issue 3???

Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-07, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I really enjoyed the first two comics that were released...but it has been an age since they came out. Anyone got any idea how much longer we will have to wait?
Old 01-25-07, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The third issue of the series has met with delays. It was originally solicited for April 19, 2006, only to be resolicited for May 17. That date came and went, and after about a week with no word on the issue's fate, Marvel announced that it would be released July 12. Further delays caused the issue to be bumped to August 9, then September 20, then October 25, then November 1, November 8, and December 27. Finally it was announced in mid-November 2006 that the third issue of the series had been officially cancelled until all of the remaining issues of the mini series are completed.

It is truly amazing the nonsense you can find out on Wikipedia.
Old 01-25-07, 08:45 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another one of the great Marvel mysteries that remain to be solved...Wasn't there a Ghost Rider issue many years ago that was suppose to come but never did?
Old 01-25-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
Have faith, True Believers! Remember that Spider-man / Black Cat only took four years to complete! w00t
Old 01-25-07, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I think it's...
Old 01-25-07, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wildo1966
Another one of the great Marvel mysteries that remain to be solved...Wasn't there a Ghost Rider issue many years ago that was suppose to come but never did?
That finally came out in the last month or so, Ghost Rider #94 was released with #93 in a finale package - I think those are the right numbers.
Old 01-25-07, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Short version: Marvel sucks at scheduling.

Long version: Marvel REALLY sucks at scheduling. How many miniseries in recent years does that make they've soliciited and made a huge deal about that can't be finished in a reasonable time? (Black Cat, as someone said, Daredevil: Father, Daredevil: Target, Civil War, etc.)
Old 01-26-07, 07:53 AM

If it's a mini series they should have all issues in the can before releasing the first issue. How simple is that?
Old 01-26-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by madcougar
The third issue of the series has met with delays. It was originally solicited for April 19, 2006, only to be resolicited for May 17. That date came and went, and after about a week with no word on the issue's fate, Marvel announced that it would be released July 12. Further delays caused the issue to be bumped to August 9, then September 20, then October 25, then November 1, November 8, and December 27. Finally it was announced in mid-November 2006 that the third issue of the series had been officially cancelled until all of the remaining issues of the mini series are completed.

It is truly amazing the nonsense you can find out on Wikipedia.
That sounds like the Half-Life 2 delays.
Old 01-26-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought I read somewhere that it was cancelled and going to be continued in a new series. Or not.

on the topic of lateness, I don't really mind when a book is way late. Better late then crappy.
Old 01-26-07, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's why I rarely will ever buy a mini these days. I'd rather just wait until it's all released, or just pick up the trade. The last mini series I bought was probably Dead Girl (from X-Statix), because that was too awesome for me to pass up.
Old 01-26-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That would be suck if it was canceled . Interestingly (meh..) in the latest issue of Wolverine (#50, on newsstands now!), I shall spoilerize to protect myself:
Spoiler:
Wolvie has a "memory" of the meeting with the Hulk from the Ultimate universe.
Old 01-26-07, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Marvel's problem is that they release whatever it is they have in hand, ready to go, to the printers, regardless of how far along the next issue is.

For example - Alan Davis' run on Excaluber (about 15 years ago when he was both writing and drawing the book) - he had scheduled himself well enough in advance to be ahead of his deadlines. His mistake was that he'd turn in his pages when he was done, well before they were due. So, since they had the pages in hand, and without warning him, Marvel started publishing the book bi-weekly, which ended up putting him behind his schedule, and he had to get fill-in artists for a couple issues. He learned he lesson, and from there on, regardless of how far ahead he was, he'd only turn in pages right before their deadline.
Old 01-26-07, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by slop101
For example - Alan Davis' run on Excaluber (about 15 years ago when he was both writing and drawing the book) - he had scheduled himself well enough in advance to be ahead of his deadlines. His mistake was that he'd turn in his pages when he was done, well before they were due. So, since they had the pages in hand, and without warning him, Marvel started publishing the book bi-weekly, which ended up putting him behind his schedule, and he had to get fill-in artists for a couple issues. He learned he lesson, and from there on, regardless of how far ahead he was, he'd only turn in pages right before their deadline.
Wow, that's pretty sucky.
Originally Posted by harpoonipa
If it's a mini series they should have all issues in the can before releasing the first issue. How simple is that?
Yeah, huh. Especially a mini series that's their "major event" ala Civil War.
Old 01-29-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
Marvel's problem is that they release whatever it is they have in hand, ready to go, to the printers, regardless of how far along the next issue is.

Ah, I never knew that... that's why there was that biweekly schedule for Excalibur.
Old 01-29-07, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't that run of Excalibur also have a 9-part story that went 12 parts?
Old 01-31-07, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sucks about Wolverine vs Hulk as the first two issues were really nifty.
Old 01-31-07, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Ah, I never knew that... that's why there was that biweekly schedule for Excalibur.
That story sounds like BS to me. What about all of the other titles that went bi-weekly? And I definately remember reading, well in advance of it happening, that certain titles were going to run bi-weekly during a certain part of the year.
Old 02-01-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Unless Alan Davis was BSing in the interview I read - it wasn't supposed to go biweekly before he turned his art in, but after he turned in his art, it did. He probably turned in his art far enough in advance to solicit biweekly - if you recall, the bi-weekly issues all had art from Davis, the few issues after it went back to monthly had fill-in artists, after which Davis did a few more issues before moving on, due to being too close to deadlines after that.
Old 02-01-07, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Interesting. I was thinking of all the bi-weekly other titles, not Excaliber specifically.