Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

April comic book thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-06, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Originally Posted by MBoyd
I think she was hung over a Lazarus Pit and presumably fell into it off panel.

Are you serious or joking? I'm really bothered by this.
Old 04-13-06, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
Japanese media usually censors that kind of stuff... so it's not censorship done by Tokyopop.
Thank you kind sir.
Old 04-13-06, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Are you serious or joking? I'm really bothered by this.
I'd say it's the same explanation used in the Batman annual to explain Jason Todd being back. The universes sort of merged... so while Jason Todd was supposed to be alive in this new universe, he's now alive wherever his physical form was, which was buried. People remember his death, but he's not dead.

This pretty much gives DC cart blanche (sp?) to bring back any dead characters that they want... all they have to do is say "they were alive in another universe."
Old 04-13-06, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Superboy
I didn't really like the Battle for Bludhaven - why do they even need to write an allegory for a real life event that no one but the most insane people would agree was a horrible tragedy?
There was really nothing I looked forward to this week. And this was the most ridiculous.

Actually, I take that back. So far, UNCLE BEN coming back is probably the most ridiculous.

I REALLY hope it's not him..
Old 04-13-06, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Considering Aunt May has died...what? 3 times already?

Anyway, Superman's book is fun even though last issue had a nasty teaser. I like where it went though.
Old 04-13-06, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I'd say it's the same explanation used in the Batman annual to explain Jason Todd being back. The universes sort of merged... so while Jason Todd was supposed to be alive in this new universe, he's now alive wherever his physical form was, which was buried. People remember his death, but he's not dead.

This pretty much gives DC cart blanche (sp?) to bring back any dead characters that they want... all they have to do is say "they were alive in another universe."
Ok, fair enough. I have the Batman Annual but I haven't read it yet and I was trying to avoid the Jason Todd stories.
Old 04-13-06, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it could go either way. I looked for a pic for you Giantrobo but didnt see anything. However here is the Wikipedia entry.

The battle ensued when Cassandra seemed to determined to end Shiva's reign of destruction, and Shiva admitted that that was the reason she agreed to give birth to her. To Shiva's satisfaction the fight was evenly matched and Cassandra ultimately won by dodging Shiva's Leopard Blow strike and snapping her mother's neck. Shiva, still alive, refused Cassandra's attempt to heal her in the pit. Cassandra granted her mother's deathwish, but still unwilling to kill, decided to suspend her precariously over the Lazarus Pit before she left to renounce her role as Batgirl and find her own place in the world. Due to later events, it is most likely that Shiva's body fell into the Pit and brought her back to life.
Old 04-13-06, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I'm having my LCS order me one of those new Power Girl figures (ships in September).
Old 04-13-06, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think it could go either way. I looked for a pic for you Giantrobo but didnt see anything. However here is the Wikipedia entry.

The battle ensued when Cassandra seemed to determined to end Shiva's reign of destruction, and Shiva admitted that that was the reason she agreed to give birth to her. To Shiva's satisfaction the fight was evenly matched and Cassandra ultimately won by dodging Shiva's Leopard Blow strike and snapping her mother's neck. Shiva, still alive, refused Cassandra's attempt to heal her in the pit. Cassandra granted her mother's deathwish, but still unwilling to kill, decided to suspend her precariously over the Lazarus Pit before she left to renounce her role as Batgirl and find her own place in the world. Due to later events, it is most likely that Shiva's body fell into the Pit and brought her back to life.
It was my thought as well that she fell into the Lazarus Pit. I imagine either Birds of Prey or 52 will address this at some point. The only thing that bothered me was that in the second issue of the "A Death in the Family" story, Batman and Robin (Todd) track down Lady Shiva and Batman injected her with truth serum to determine if she was Todd's birthmother. Batman asks her if she has even had any children, and she states no. (This is post-Crisis) But Cassandra is around the same age as Tim Drake, who would have been around 11-13 years old at the time?

Perhaps she forgot. Or she's really that good at her job.

(Still bothers me they killed Cassandra and then brought her back in the Lazarus Pit. That has never been a good thing in the Batman world.)

Last edited by DGibFen; 04-14-06 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-14-06, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Patman
I saw this one a while ago. I think it's the best Power Girl I've seen. The face and hairstyle really looks good. That costume is also better than her classic(open neck) costume.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-14-06 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-14-06, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I have the last Batgirl issue and I pulled it out when I saw Shiva in BOP. So I guess for now I'll have to buy the theory that she fell in afterwards.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-14-06 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-14-06, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
I REALLY hope it's not him..
If it is, I'm not only done with that particular book, I'm done with that particular author. Despite the fact that I'm a big fan of his, his work on that series has been nothing but sub-par to begin with, and this looks like it could be the last straw.
Old 04-14-06, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok, fair enough. I have the Batman Annual but I haven't read it yet and I was trying to avoid the Jason Todd stories.

Sorry for spoiling it for you, then. I figured with the annual getting its 2nd print this week and with the events in Nightwing having run 2 issues now, pretty much anyone that cared was in the know already.
Old 04-14-06, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoyed IC #6 and hope for big things in #7.

New Teen Titans OYL was rather disappointing, other than the last page. Are we down to only one original Titan now? I don't even know who some of these members are. Nice nod to the early Superfriends with Wendy and Marvin though.

"Up and Away" Part 2 ended with a great tease, but then didn't pay off in Part 3.
Old 04-14-06, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Sorry for spoiling it for you, then. I figured with the annual getting its 2nd print this week and with the events in Nightwing having run 2 issues now, pretty much anyone that cared was in the know already.

No don't worry Dude. You didn't spoil it. I also read the Nightwing OYL issue with JT appearing at the end so I'm cool.

Also, eventhough I love Bats and I buy the odd issues here and there I'm mostly interested in the storyline between him, Catwoman, and Lil' Helena.
Old 04-14-06, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

So now that Black Adam is loose agian....is he gonna go after the ones who screwed him over in the society?
Old 04-14-06, 09:22 AM

I'm mostly interested in the storyline between him, Catwoman, and Lil' Helena.
I wouldn't mind Bruce being the father, but I just have a feeling it wont be happening. Its just a big tease. It would be good character growth though.

Robo, did you see my post last month about the Bride Of The Demon stuff being back in continuity when Morrison starts writing Batman this year?
Old 04-14-06, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought the last few panels of Teen Titans was sick. I mean seriously, is Robin in love with him or something? *nods to the slash community*
Old 04-14-06, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Yeah, I have the last Batgirl issue and I pulled it out when I saw Shiva in BOP. So I guess for now I'll have to buy the theory that she fell in afterwards.
Granted, I have read nothing of the story except for the summary above. But if Cassandra wanted to fulfill Shiva's last wish, why would she suspend her over the pit anyway? Does that make any sense?
Old 04-14-06, 11:52 AM

I haven't read the story either, but I could see Cassandra not being willing to kill Shiva outright.
Old 04-14-06, 04:00 PM

WOW! 52 for free?!?

I'm not one to usually click ads but when I saw this I had to check it out. Might help somebody out.

http://www.scifigenre.com/subs/52IntroPage.aspx
Old 04-14-06, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I wouldn't mind Bruce being the father, but I just have a feeling it wont be happening. Its just a big tease. It would be good character growth though.
You're probably right.

Robo, did you see my post last month about the Bride Of The Demon stuff being back in continuity when Morrison starts writing Batman this year?

I did. Didn't I respond? I'm sorry if I didn't. Either way I did see it.
Old 04-14-06, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by fujishig
Granted, I have read nothing of the story except for the summary above. But if Cassandra wanted to fulfill Shiva's last wish, why would she suspend her over the pit anyway? Does that make any sense?
Yeah it was one of those weird, "I will never stop killing but you may be my salvation/Let's end this once and for all" type final battles. I'm looking at the last few pages now and I guess one could take certain panels a certain way. Meaning Cassandra probably knew what she was doing by putting her on the hook over the pit by the expression on her face but who knows.

Anyway, I still don't understand why they ended Cassandra's Batgirl run. I'm sure I'm alone in this but I really liked her as Batgirl. I read the "No man's land" novelizatoin of the comic storyline and I've kept up with her over the years to some degree. So just when this Crisis shit pulled me in and got me reading Batgirl and liking the series they fuckin' end her run.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-14-06 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-14-06, 06:30 PM

I did. Didn't I respond? I'm sorry if I didn't. Either way I did see it.
You probably did, I'm just thinking that if that's back in continuity then Helena probably isn't Bruce's. How many kids does he need!
Old 04-15-06, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

You probably did, I'm just thinking that if that's back in continuity then Helena probably isn't Bruce's. How many kids does he need!
Yeah because Huntress was from another earth where Bruce and Selina hooked up and had her but of course that was pre-crisis. Who knows what they're doing with this kid...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.