Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

What are your comic book TPB wishes

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-04, 05:40 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
What are your comic book TPB wishes

So let's say DC or Marvel or whoever comes to you and asks you what you would like to see reprinted in TPB form? What do you pick?

I'd like to see Loeb and Sale's Challengers of the Unknown back in print. It was an interesting take on the Challs by a team that would later go on to produce some great stories together. In conjunction with that, I'd also release a colelction of the best dozen or so issues of Kirby's challengers.

There was a Rip Hunter series called Time Masters that came out about 15 years ago. It was written by Bob Wayne and Lewis Shiner, and had art by Art Thibert. I'd love to see that back in print. As with the Challs, I'd couple it with a collection of the best Silver Age Rip Hunter stories.

Jim Starlin's run on Warlock was phenomenol, and it's a damned shame it hasn't been in print for years. Maybe Marvel will reprint it in connection with the new Warlock series.

I'd love to see the New Mutants reprinted as part of Marvel's Essential series.

Speaking of Essentials, the entire Lee/Kirby catalog should be in print in that format.

Mike Baron and Steve Rude's Nexus really ought to be back in print.

What do other people want to see?
Old 08-13-04, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've wanted to read Alan Moore's Miracleman series for a really long time, so that would be great if they sorted out the rights and finally reprinted that in TPB.
Old 08-14-04, 06:08 PM

Mike Baron and Steve Rude's Nexus really ought to be back in print.
Actually, it was reported a couple of months ago that Dark Horse will be publishing TPB reprints of Nexus. I'm missing a few scattered issues, so it's great news for me, personally.
Old 08-15-04, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
I'd like to see collections of Mutant X and Young Heroes in Love, both of which I enjoyed but didn't last that long.
Old 08-15-04, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
-the first several story arcs of Marvel Knights Fantastic Four
-the Gil Kane drawn Batgirl back-ups from Detective Comics circa late 60's early 70s
-Harley & Ivy by Timm
Old 08-26-04, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
The complete Paul Levitz run on The Legion of Super-Heroes.
Old 08-26-04, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts
We're actually seeing a lot of 80s material being reprinted right now.

"American Flagg" has just been solicited as 2 TPBs/1 HC reprinting the first twelve issues through Dynamic Forces/Image.

"Grimjack" is going to be reprinted through IDW, expect a TPB and an all-new series in the near future.

And I just read that Tim Truman's "Scout" will also be reprinted through Dynamic Forces.

And, yes, you would think that Marvel would reprint Starlin's Warlock books with the new series coming out. Sigh.
Old 08-28-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Re: What are your comic book TPB wishes

Originally posted by JasonF
Speaking of Essentials, the entire Lee/Kirby catalog should be in print in that format.
Absolo-freakin-lutely! While they lack color, they can't be beat for the price. I would love to have Essentials of the entire Lee-Kirby Fantastic Four run.
Old 08-28-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by ckolchak
-the first several story arcs of Marvel Knights Fantastic Four
if you're speaking of "4", the first trade is available. here is a link: http://www.talesofwonder.com/details...ge=1&starting=[starting]&category=New%20Releases&starting=[starting]&set=1&page=1&rtype=s1&formdata1=%26findit%3Dwolf%2520at%2520the%2520door%26grouping%3Dtitle%26srchtyp%3Dwo
Old 08-29-04, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
I'll second "Miracleman," I sold my entire run on eBay a few years ago (got nearly $400, so I'm not regretting it) in hopes the stupid legal mess would be resolved and new TPBs would be issued. Whoops. Still I'm sure it will come out eventually, nothing stays lost forever.

Other wishes - more Grant Morrison Doom Patrol (looks like it's coming back though), Byrne's Alpha Flight, the Peter David "Hulk" run, probably 100000 other things if I sat down to think about it...
Old 08-31-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Essential volumes are great, but i'd much rather have a complete Masterworks TPB collection. So far they've only printed about 3 volumes for each series, and it's not as complete as the Essential line.

I'll vote for Miracle Man again. Like another poster said, I had the complete run, and sold it once it became hot.

Legion Lost/Legion Worlds desparately needs a trade.
Old 09-01-04, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd love them to put out more Essential books faster. Maybe one volume every two months per title. Add a few more titles (ex: Spectacular Spiderman) and just keep putting them out until they are up to the present issues.

Essentials are great to me at least. I am interested in reading the stories but won't consider buying the old issues (sorry but I won't spend $100's on a singe issue). Since they are in order, you get all the issues that would never get reprinted otherwise. $15 for 20+ issues is great.
Old 09-01-04, 11:03 AM
Mod Emeritus

Ditko's "Shade The Changing Man" from the 1970s.

http://www.ditko.comics.org/ditko/crea/crshade.html
Old 09-04-04, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by kevin75
if you're speaking of "4", the first trade is available. ...
Thanks Kevin!